Celcius CTW Team Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Celcius CTW Team Alpha

Oooohhhh yeah. Got my Team Alpha on Saturday night and tested the shit out of it on Sunday at the opening of F&O's Upper Hayford site.

I just used it out of the box, no bedding in, no hop adjustment.

It was initially firing wildly to the left, but by lunch time it seems to have straighened itself out. The hop definitely needs adjusting as the .2's i was using were trying to take down low flying aircraft. I will use .25's but as i had nearly 6000 .2's i thought i'd use them up first.

What FPS have you guys been scoring on your Alphas?

I only ask as my regular CTW is pushing out between 337 and 346, although my first round chrono'd was 355. I am pretty sure that has a M90 spring in it.
    Upper Hayford has a "pack your kit and leave" limit of 350fps so i was thinking i would not be able to use my Alpha with it's M110 spring (the blue one??). Imagine my surprise when that cositently in the area of 329 - 333fps.

It was good as it meant i could give both guns a good run out with out being sent home - would have been quite embarassing as i was there to review the site for Airsoft Action mag!

Just curious about what i thought was a lower than expected FPS - is it as simple as i am confused on the spring colour codes?

The 3rd burst mech is the tits by the way... used it to punishing effect whilst defending a 3 story building!

Comment

looking to buy one ot these but dont know where to get a hold of one can someone pm me with the name of a place to buy one cheers
      Please send to Brendan Hill, 19 fulshaw place ka8 olr ayr Scotland

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Celcius+Team+Alpha

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...lpha-w-extra-s

Comment

Looking to get one of these within the next month or so. Does anyone have any experience with the 160rnd MAG PTW mags? I've seen 4 piece box sets available in chinaland for a relatively decent price (2 box sets costs less than the 6 piece box set of official ptw mags) They seem like a decent cheap equivalent as I don't really like the look of the vanaras mags!!

Any help would be useful!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
            Looking to get one of these within the next month or so. Does anyone have any experience with the 160rnd MAG PTW mags? I've seen 4 piece box sets available in chinaland for a relatively decent price (2 box sets costs less than the 6 piece box set of official ptw mags) They seem like a decent cheap equivalent as I don't really like the look of the vanaras mags!!

Any help would be useful!

Cheers
            They're pretty decent, just as good as the original mags, but without the pricetag, add onto the fact that some of there mags come with a redesigned follower which can't be lost it's a bonus. I've got some of there vn mags and they're superb!

Comment

• Does any one know if Ptw cylinders fit in the mx2 and work properly ?
              Last edited by Trigger Last Chancer; 26 May, 2012, 11:56.
              Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                They're pretty decent, just as good as the original mags, but without the pricetag, add onto the fact that some of there mags come with a redesigned follower which can't be lost it's a bonus. I've got some of there vn mags and they're superb!
                Perfect thanks mate.

Comment

I have some MAG Ali 160 round mags, and the CTW doesnt like them very much (either team alpha or mx2) and as yet i havent had time to find out why, basically the fps seems to vary wildly, it will be fixable - but my experience out of the box , is that they arent perfect, sometimes they feed ok, sometimes the bbs drop (low fps)

Comment

Hmm might get myself some standard PTW ones in the box set then. Does anyone know about compatibility between PTW and CTW receivers? I'm looking to put a A2 Fixed carry handle upper on mine, I've found one for a PTW but I'm not sure if they'll fit right.. I've heard the CTW cylinders are slightly bigger than PTW ones?

Comment

I believe thats true, heard that also.

My diemaco project is now back on I did the hop mod! Although I believe my ECU is fried.

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Hmm might get myself some standard PTW ones in the box set then. Does anyone know about compatibility between PTW and CTW receivers? I'm looking to put a A2 Fixed carry handle upper on mine, I've found one for a PTW but I'm not sure if they'll fit right.. I've heard the CTW cylinders are slightly bigger than PTW ones?
                        Get a ptw cylinder then you can pic them up second hand quite cheap infact I just sold two of my spares?

Comment

The PTW cylinder will work with the rest of the CTW will it? I presume as the CTW cylinder is bigger than the PTW one a PTW won't mesh properly or whatever? I don't want to go burning £79 on a upper receiver and however much on a cylinder for it not to work!

Comment

The PTW cylinder will work with the rest of the CTW will it? I presume as the CTW cylinder is bigger than the PTW one a PTW won't mesh properly or whatever? I don't want to go burning £79 on a upper receiver and however much on a cylinder for it not to work!
                            it's just the upper and the cylinder that's a different dimension I've got a friend with a ctw if I see him tomorrow I'll see if my ptw upper and cylinder will mate with his lower, but in theory it should.

Comment

I've heard swapping the cylinder for a systema one is a good idea, so i'd imagine they are compatible

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

A word of advice to anyone trying the flat hop/r hop idea - you need virtually no nub showing at all in the barrel , cos of the extra contact area.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

loki7491 Find out more about loki7491
                                Working...
                                X