Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Friendly Harrier Inbound and other nonsense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly Harrier Inbound and other nonsense.

I’m somewhat bemused by the anti-CODsofter sentiment prevailant through out our hobby, I don’t get it. I’m not the biggest player of these games, although I have played them, and I think they are bloody good fun, Red Dead Redemption is still far better IMO. Is it the games or the people referencing the games that is the problem?

I know the younger players of COD tend to think they know everything about guns and have a completely different view of what being a sniper entails, 360 no scope anyone ?, but surely that’s par for the course with anything isn’t it. I mean in the eighties, thanks to Rambo, every kid thought they knew everything about Knives, M60’s and survival, and could “eat things that would make a billy goat puke!”

The games have ingrained themselves to our popular culture, been referenced in film and TV and some of the references are bound to find there way on to the local skirmish site. So when you are on the field and you hear some one shout “Our UAV is online” or something daft lie that do you groan, or smirk?

I personaly find it quite funny and sometimes do make referances in conversation with friends, however i did think it was a bit ridiculouse when i saw a kid at my local site try to do a '360 no scope', in my opinion he looked very daft. I do enjoy call of duty, battlefield 3 and other games like that and play them oftern, although i do think that golden guns should stick under gangsters pillows and in call of duty

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
    PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Re: Friendly Harrier Inbound and other nonsense.

I like to test out the skirmishers around me on their pop culture knowledge. I shout so many catchphrases etc that it becomes a quiz for them. Sometimes they are easy ones, such as when I shout - 'Get to da chopper!' or 'All your base will soon belong to the us'. On other occaisions rather than a laugh I just get met with blank expressions, such as when I shout 'Looks like we got ourselves a Mexican standoff, 'cept we ain't go no Mexicans' or perhaps 'Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves'.

Anyway, back to the point, COD can feature heavily in my phrases. For example when we are getting pissed off with someone who won't die - 'This guy must have Juggernaut equipped or something'.

Comment

I personally think that cod is good for our sport and codsofters should be encouraged as it brings more players, however there is a concern that they don't have 'airsoft' mentality but rather have 'cod' mentality.
        Simple example was someone poking their arm around a riot shield they couldn't see the gun so technically it was blind firing (the riot shields are black) so they were doing it like cod style. That's just one example.

Though I don't know if you would be able to prove that 'cod mentality' caused that or if it was just new player syndrome lol

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

It does my head in when I hear whiney 14 year olds shouting cod references to be honest.

COD is an awful game anyway. Battlefield is the way forward.
          How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
          Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
          And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

I always call for Ramirez if my teams in trouble, as a joke.
            Most codsofters just have moments of silliness, which most of us do.
            The ones that rage people are the ones who can't seem to differentiate the difference between Airsoft and CoD, also the ones who seem to think their knowledge of weapon systems and capabilities is second to none, when in reality they know nothing.
            I have also been called a hacker before, yes it was whilst airsofting!
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
              The ones that rage people are the ones who can't seem to differentiate the difference between Airsoft and CoD, also the ones who seem to think their knowledge of weapon systems and capabilities is second to none, when in reality they know nothing.
              Amen to that
              How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
              Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
              And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

Personally, It gives these children the wrong mentality about war. War is nothing to be happy about, it kills, maims and ruins lives.

With regards to Airsoft, although it may make people join the sport, they certainly don't understand proper tactics. COD would make you believe that you spend 20 minutes running around a small appartment block, gunning anything in your way with little to no teamwork. If you do that at a CQB site (or any site for that matter) then I guarantee you won't last long at all.

Sniping is also very misleading. People tend to buy sniper rfiles thinking it's like COD. When they realise it isn't, they come onto here and try and sell their illegally sprayed ex two tone Well L96 with scope, sling, mounts and some BBs that cost them £160. So they sell it at £200! No wonder why they never get any interest.

COD Is much too fast paced for me, Project Reality is probably the best and most realistic game/mod ever made. It's brilliant, and a lot of the people who play it are either ex or currently serving in armed forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenworth W900 View Post
                  I like to test out the skirmishers around me on their pop culture knowledge. I shout so many catchphrases etc that it becomes a quiz for them. Sometimes they are easy ones, such as when I shout - 'Get to da chopper!' or 'All your base will soon belong to the us'. On other occaisions rather than a laugh I just get met with blank expressions, such as when I shout 'Looks like we got ourselves a Mexican standoff, 'cept we ain't go no Mexicans' or perhaps 'Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves'.

Anyway, back to the point, COD can feature heavily in my phrases. For example when we are getting pissed off with someone who won't die - 'This guy must have Juggernaut equipped or something'.
                  my favorite is "I've been shot!I don't believe this, could everyone stop getting shot"
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by ajn View Post
                    It does my head in when I hear whiney 14 year olds shouting cod references to be honest.

COD is an awful game anyway. Battlefield is the way forward.
                    dont get me started, BF3 was a horrifically awful excuse for a game,which could/should have been awesome, FU EA.

as for cod softers, don't really notice them that much tbh, but i dont really give a shit what people want to do so long as they take their hits and dont behave like dicks.

edit, havn't tried project reality yet but im looking forward to having a go, also got hopes for ARMA 3

Comment

I remember when the first of the Modern Warfare came out and it didnt really have much effect on the community other than some nice idea guns, it wasn't until the second one came out which gave birth to the 'Codsofter'. I don't mind so much someone replicating a design they've seen on Cod but when they start calling out utter garbage with no relevance then it borders on the annoying.

Saying that by the time they hit 18 or so and have kept with Airsoft, their general thinking towards the sport will have changed and becomes nothing more than a light hearted joke aimed at the younger generation.

Still I will never forget the wee boy who asked me how do we call in an airstrike... bless.

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post

Still I will never forget the wee boy who asked me how do we call in an airstrike... bless.
                        Please tell me he was joking! :'(
                        "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                          Please tell me he was joking! :'(
                          Sadly not...

Comment

I'd laugh if I came across someone saying things like this, then again I'm a silly person and probably just as likely to sprout nonsense.

Unless I was in a milsim/filmsim game of course. Then srs bsns lol
                            "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                            Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Originally posted by Venison View Post
                              dont get me started, BF3 was a horrifically awful excuse for a game,which could/should have been awesome, FU EA.
                              It could have been so much more, the least EA could've done was allow the release of modding tools for the PC. I'm an avid modder for BF2 and I've helped produce textures and models for Black Sand Studios (the studio that dev'd Project Reality).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                              Working...
                              X