Sportsmanship and Airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsmanship and Airsoft

Well, This crops up now and again, but i wanted to gauge how you guys and gals feel about sportsmanship....

Taking headshots.... Not always avoidable when its the only target present... and at other times...

Catching an enemy unawares... bang kill rules... resisting the bang kill.... or just execution?

General field etiquette.... Taking hits, cheat calling, and honesty....

I know there are some players who play too many videogames, and enjoy headshot hunting, and in the same vein, ones who show little respect for thier fellow players, but in the oposite direction, sometimes it's the simple thoughtfulness of; 'was i hit? i dont know, but ill take it anyway... its just a game'.

How do you play your game? how do you expect others to play against you?

How far have you gone to make things flow smoothly and for the 'good of the game'?

Re: Sportsmanship and Airsoft

nothing wrong with a head shot, its a plastic bb a very painless experience and you get the satisfaction of getting a headshot if you are on target

Comment

I see.... So you'd aim for the head purposefully? with other targets visible?

How many times have you been hit in the head/face to say its painless? i find it the worst place to be hit... and a lot of others are fairly painful!

Comment

headshots - if all you can see is there head - shoot it, if not then go for the body - not nice going to work with a bloody face!!!

dont like bang kills, if youve just spent 10 minutes creeping up behind somebody you should be rewarded with the opportunity to plant one in their back - then again if you have a 500 fps rifle dont be stupid

hits should be taken regardless of where shot, even on weapon, legs etc - if yo dont know, call it anyway - only a short walk to respawn/short wait for end of game

dont call out cheats- tell the staff - avoids punchups and confusion of who did what wrong

cant really answer other questions
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I personally allow a head shot if that all the shooter can see of me ''hurts like bloody hell sometimes though'' but i think thats part of the game as long as its not 6ft away and a 500fps shot.
          Ihave always taken shots and is someone says they saw me hit i'll take it, you cant always tell yourself you have been hit but i trust others around me not to cheat,
          Ihave however taken it a bit too far myself after being shot on full auto from 4ft away in the neck and up the side of my nose, subcequently the guy hit the floor ''hard'' and i was kicked off site for violent conduct. But i do take it im my stride if im hit im hit, we all know the rules and we never want to hurt others, but to be honest 7 rounds embedded in my face, he deserved it.....lol...mark
          Warrior L96
          TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
          A&K M249 para
          WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

bang kills: surely being able to tap them on the back is even more rewarding? or rubbery bayonet? hell, the 'bang' and them jumping always makes me giggle... I take shooting someone in the back without offering a bang unsporting.... id not like it done to me tbh... then again, you did say one, not 400 as has happened to me and others i know...

Comment

it depends on the bang kill - use your judgement, im not saying walk up stick your gun to their head at point blank and unload a mag

i do 50/50 bang/shoot - depends on who it is, and the situation - but i dont think its a serious matter if you do get shot - no reason to argue
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

If i do bang em (lol) I tend to have my weapon trained anyway.... if they try to react, they get one... but i always give them the chance.

you'd be suprised how many go for a weapon....
                Im sometimes too willing to bangkill... especially after having been shot in the back when i was kneeling by a building fixing my broken aeg.... on full auto....

Sgt:im the same with my 500... id rather get shot than risk shooting someone too close with it....

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
                  Taking headshots.... Not always avoidable when its the only target present... and at other times...
                  Only if it's the only option. If any other body part is visable, shoot that. And if you're prepared to give 'em out, be prepared to take 'em back.

Catching an enemy unawares... bang kill rules... resisting the bang kill.... or just execution?
                  Single shot for executions, but use the bang rule when you can. Be prepared to single shot them if they try to fast draw on you.

General field etiquette.... Taking hits, cheat calling, and honesty....
                  If there's any doubt on whether it was or wasn't a hit, call it a hit. It might have been some bugger at range who can see you through a scope, and if they think you deliberately avoided taking the hit, they may be tempted to aim the next shot for more 'sensative' areas.

Cheat calling, you'd better be damn sure before you start, or you will A: Look stupid, and B: Risk 'retrebution' for yer cheek.

Honesty, well, what's the point in cheating? There's no prizes, and as it's a game, what worth is a victory that you had to cheat to attain?

How do you play your game? how do you expect others to play against you?

How far have you gone to make things flow smoothly and for the 'good of the game'?
                  I expect others to play as I do, fight hard, fight fair, and enjoy yourself. I marshal at 2 sites, and help out at others.
                  Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                  you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                  eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

I'd rather get shot than bang killed. Given the choice, I'd plant a couple in the back of their webbing. They're shot, but it won't hurt.

My major concern for not taking hits is myself funnily enough. Like most I have bulky platecarrier, covered in pouches. Unless I hear it, I'd never know I'd been struck.

Comment

I see.... So you'd aim for the head purposefully? with other targets visible?

How many times have you been hit in the head/face to say its painless? i find it the worst place to be hit... and a lot of others are fairly painful!
                      Well chest is preferable as it is a larger targe, yes i have had a large amount of head shots, though usually by my mates from about 5 meters or so imo knuckles in the cold are a lot worse, and given the choice between head or leg if go head as it can often be quite hard to notice shots on your leg. At the end of the day you are paying to be shot at.

Comment

Ive been shot in the head a few times and it made me bleed once. I didnt mind then was just annoyed that the lads gun was hot. I do remember one day that as the day went on more and more players were appearing of red marks on there head from one player.

Theres also been a few times where ive thought have i been hit? but youve just gotta say your hit as you dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ells View Post
                          Well chest is preferable as it is a larger targe, yes i have had a large amount of head shots, though usually by my mates from about 5 meters or so imo knuckles in the cold are a lot worse, and given the choice between head or leg if go head as it can often be quite hard to notice shots on your leg. At the end of the day you are paying to be shot at.
                          You'd think that... but try explaining to 50 customers over the period of the night why the bargirl has a huge bruise on her boob from a bb strike... chest shots HURT!

Comment

lol, there is no pleasing some people.

Comment

in cqb, if your wearing a full face and a helmet,its better to take head shots,ping ping ping...then laced up the back of the leg n across your buttox...coz that hurts a lot more, anyway the most painful shot was on my finger...
                              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kitten I'm a 21yo student from sheffield currently studying physical geography. Find out more about Kitten
                              Working...
                              X