Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sportsmanship and Airsoft

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
    I remember having to shoot one poor guy about 12 times in various parts of his ears because he kept standing in the middle of the road dead, periodically shouting medic, and spotting for his teammates pinned.....

Well he was talking... He must have been alive... :P so i shot him...
    12 times!!!! jeesus mc christ he must have been a thick ar$ed mofo :D

My take....

Just play fair ffs!! And head shots rock.... sometimes nice to take home a battle scar if you've copped one yourself.... unless it means a dentist bill or a stitch..... man up pussys.... well aprt from you kitten... you seem manned up enough

PS on that subject, about time we had a post your big bruise picture on here is it no? :D

Comment

Too bad buster... Its healed....

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
        You'd think that... but try explaining to 50 customers over the period of the night why the bargirl has a huge bruise on her boob from a bb strike... chest shots HURT!
        Erm, do you normally show your boobs whilst working in a bar? It's not Hooters is it?

Seriously though, I can see that headshots are valid if all you can see is the head, although I always try and call a bang if I'm within range. Close-up I'll try and go to single shot, unless the player is clearly not taking his hits in which case a short full-auto burst usually does the trick. There are plenty of players out there who aim for the head when other body parts are available - that doesnt sit comfortably with me I'm afraid. If I'm up close in woodland I'll try to aim for the legs or the lower body to afford some courtesy as a headshot would be unsportsmanly.

In the past I've taken a "hit" from a player who had a jammed gun from around 15 feet away. I was clearly in his sights, and I was also impressed with the fact that he managed to get so close to me without me seeing him, so was more than happy to award him the kill (even though in a real-life scenario I guess his gun jamming would have been his death sentence)
        WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

I dont do headshots, its not nice to be on the recieving end, especially in a CQB environment.
          I always seem to get shot in the head though, by idiots sticking there guns through a window and blind firing. The amount of times its happened is rediculous, some people really need to listen to the safety briefing before skirmishing.
          Last edited by Rampage; 3 March, 2009, 09:17. Reason: Language

Comment

>10 m i use a glock regardless now, to many times i have try'ed to be nice and well just been lit up when i have said bang and they have span around and shot
            -I aim center-mass unless no other option.
            - If they dont take the first shot i employ this rule, 2 more shots to the chest, if not taken 1 to the head.
            - auto is more of a waste of time and money than a chocolate fire guard unless you have a lmg, i think i have used full auto once maybe twice in 3 years. it just gives your position away if you miss. and at close range its a no go.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with head shots personally, if you are behind cover whats usually the first thing you will stick out? I would rather hit them in the head then have them come out of cover and hit me.

But that said, if I sneak up on someone, I would much rather aim for the biggest part as I am much more likely to get a kill (unless it the Elephant man, then its going to be the face im afraid!)

As for bang kills, I play at the same place as Aeviv and we dont have a bang kill rule or minimum distance so its down to trust and common sense. If someone is very close to me then I will try to be considerate as possible and fire off as little as I can while keeping the gun on full auto (just incase they decide to spin around)

As for people taking hits, I wont switch from body to head as its going to be harder to hit. If they dont take the first burst, do a longer second one, if they dont take that a longer third and if that doesn't work keep shooting till a hand goes up or they shout hit.

I would say tho, that shouting out that someone has been hit doesn't always work as I have had people tell me I have been hit when I know for a fact im in cover and haven't heared or felt anything hit me, this is something that comes down to trust and sportsmanship I guess.

My feed back
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

I like head shots but then im a c*nt. bang kills dont work if there are any noobs at your site. my m4 doesnt have auto/ burst you dont need it. if you cant hit them with one shot u need more practice. if they dont take the first double tap to the face.

Comment

I like chest shots. Nothing like a nice thud/snap sound when you know they are hit. Tho if your gonna hide and only show your head then you got no one to blame but yourself if you turn into a hillbilly.

Cheats. Well tell the marshalls but tbh its a pain in the arse when they say "If they are cheating go and get their number". Yeah ill walk across the field to someone to get a CRAPPY written number off someone providing they stay still and the rest of the team doesn't blast me to a bag of raisins. I usually take the hit and tell my squad to nail the guy.
                  Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

as for headshots.. most sites recommend full face protection.. so 9 times out of 10 if you get hurt because youre only wearing goggles you cant really complain. (even if the person who shot you was just an evil bugger and chose to go for your head instead of your body)

obviously youd have reason to be annoyed if it was sort of emptying a box mag from a SAW like 5 metres away into the back of your head.. but if they aim for your head from a good distance and only fire a small burst.. then i say good shot!

as for cheating/taking hits.. I think you should always be given a chance, because there are a lot of times when say youre kneeling down and a sniper round will hit your boot or whatever on the sole and you just dont realise. happened to me before.. and the sniper came over swearing and shouting that I was a cheat. I do think some airsofters (myself included on occasion) have a tendency to overreact.. when a lot of the time its just a silly little thing.

for example.. i mean this isnt cheating or anything.. but once my fried was behind me and opened fire.. he sort of slipped as he a put a foot forward and ended up spraying the guy in front of us on our team by accident. the guy got unbelievably angry, kicking the roof of of a little hut, getting tangled in the camo netting and falling over in the process.. then he stared at my friend and swore at him.. i was just sort of like.. calm down :|

but whatever happens 99% of the time everything is ok, and people are friendly and dont get annoyed.
                    at the end of the day, like a lot of people have said in this thread, you have to remember its only a game
                    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_s.o View Post
                      I like head shots but then im a c*nt. bang kills dont work if there are any noobs at your site. my m4 doesnt have auto/ burst you dont need it. if you cant hit them with one shot u need more practice. if they dont take the first double tap to the face.
                      sad attitude.... And i hope you never play against me... that sort of player leaves with sore ears....

Purposefully going for face shots is precicely why i made this topic... its unsporting and quite nasty... as for treating all noobs as cheaters... we all were once... we need to remember that. If its in the safety brief, EVERYONE should listen... I often find 'newbs' pay more attention to the rules than experienced players...

Originally posted by tommyb View Post
                      I dont do headshots, its not nice to be on the recieving end, especially in a CQB environment.
                      I always seem to get shot in the head though, by fucking idiots sticking there guns through a window and blind firing. The amount of times its happened is rediculous, some people really need to listen to the safety briefing before skirmishing.
                      Good point... glad this got brought up... id forgotten >> Blind fireing? Dangerous? or a valid shooting practice?

Comment

Blindfiring is not allowed at the CQB site I play at, I think it's a very good rule and improves safety and the quality of the games
                        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

i tend to aim for the chest but if someone doesnt take their hits i yell out " oi!! take you fuckin hits!!!!" but if its a clear shot and he hasnt seen me i go for the neck then they take there hits! when we are in the dead zone i go "who is the guy who got shot in the neck by the broken log?" "me" well take you hits next time and you wont be so unlucky!"

i especially hate peolpe who spray fire. where we play (mainly my place) i tend not to go full auto, i see no skill in auto reli! if i see a target thats i dunno 30ms off ill get into postition then fire a "double tap" at his chest and they make me feel proud! people who spray just enoy me especially if they bost about their kills at breaks!
                          when we went to linsey we werent allowed to blind fire in cqb which was good. but the thing is that there were no good kills!! everyone (including myself) went auto! you cant see a thing so you just have to point and hope!

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
                            i tend to aim for the chest but if someone doesnt take their hits i yell out " oi!! take you fuckin hits!!!!" but if its a clear shot and he hasnt seen me i go for the neck then they take there hits! when we are in the dead zone i go "who is the guy who got shot in the neck by the broken log?" "me" well take you hits next time and you wont be so unlucky!"
                            I hate people who do this. The game's (I lost) about being friendly. If someone isn't playing fair, I ignore them. Or if I'm bothered about it, I have a word with them. If they are mean or arsey, that's what marshals are for. Taking the law into your own hands as it were, is not friendly, or helpful, and makes you just as unsporting as the person not taking their hits. Not to mention, alot of the time, people claim they hit someone, when they didn't. It can be difficult to judge. Unless I'm 100% sure I hit them, I just assume I didn't. Useually, I'm right. I know alot of the poeple I shoot, so I guess I've got it easy. But if you're playing at a site where you have to get mouthy, move elsewhere. If you're playing at my site, and do get mouthy, go elsewhere.
                            sigpic
                            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

fair enough! where we are, at my house, there is sometimes a few people who dont take their hits but is there anything wrong with shouting " oi take your hit" oh and we dont have marshalls. we do it oursleves and we all go to the same school!

Comment

Ive marshaled at Gz and marshal at spec ops. bang kills generaly dont work ill always take them but we do not use them for a reason. Mike ( Mr spec ops) will always recomend a head shot.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kitten I'm a 21yo student from sheffield currently studying physical geography. Find out more about Kitten
                                Working...
                                X