Sportsmanship and Airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sportsmanship and Airsoft

well starting from the points posted by kitten.

Headshots: not if i can help it been pinged in the tooth when in open ground before as well as sprayed in the face but somehow i knew he was gonna go it do was already leaning to one side so only caught the spray as glancing, still not nice though. So yea unless there is no other alteritive then i will try and go for another area.

Bang kills: I actually quite like bang kills, i find that the satisfaction of getting that close to people without them noticing rewarding, though i will still have my gun trained on them but make sure that they can see that plainly, not at the hip but staring ar them down the iron sights. I was really proud that at the 08 weekender at GZ i manged to sneak up on a sniper from Others, and gave him the surrender option and when he looked over at me seeing i had him by the goolies, he said fair enough you got me, stood up as of he trod. In an environment where you know everyone, eg on a small site 30player maybe bang kills are just a courtesy to one another when you have been had with your trousers down.

Taking hits: Well your not going to loose out by taking a hit if your not sure about where it came from or what it was, which is easier for everyone. I think that a great appeal of airsoft was the self govening, at my local we play a rule where if you think you have hit someone repeatidly and they have not taken the hit you can get up from your position walk up to the person and say i have hit you multiple times and you have not taken the hit, you then take that person and yourself out from the firefight, either to the safe zone or a respawn and just say thats an end to it. Works quite well as both hiter and hitee can talk about it, and see what the problem was. for example if the hitee has to many layers on they can then take some off to be able to feel a hit. Even if your not sure what has hit you, eg playing in the rain, some of those droplets can get pretty big, you may as well take the hit, as you get the chance to re work your way into addvantagious positions which is a skill that must be practiced.

Cheat calling: well seeing the style i play my game if someone is cheating and there is no marshall about then i just bug out and make sure to tell anyone near me to do the same or just lay low until the fools have gone past. If a marshall is to hand however i will walk them up to the offenders and then try and sort things out that way, cheats are a pain but unfortuantly for us they are just part of the game, like in life a minority spoils things for the majority.

Comment

just poking fun :P

tbh in game if you have a gun pointed at me your going down no matter who you are, i dont get why somebody would hesitate...
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I do... but its sad tbh. Ive seen it happen with other girls and kids playing... Guys hesetate sometimes... some atleast. Usually while little johnny fills thier face with plastic.

Comment

haha yea i see people do it - i dont even think that - i dont think "oh its a girl" or "oh its a 5' 10" guy with green armour" blah blah - just shit its an enemy how do i take them out without getting my ass kicked

back to sportsmanship what are peoples vies of indoor gameplay in a outdoorsy enviroment - such as small hut etc - sites i play at tend to be single fire inside the building, full out out of windows and door - seems a fair rule as it helps to prevent somebody being sprayed in the face with white hot plastic
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I think semi auto in huts and stuff is a good idea, i certainly can say that i probably wouldnt stand much chance of ever being a father had this rule not being in play when i litterally ran into a dude and he got one right on my... well thats enough of that
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Imo its the same as cqb.... for sites that run 350 for woods... semi inside is kind....
              I used to play at Proteus camp... 160 buildings and 3 woods etc was a lot of space to get shot up inside... semi is kind...

Comment

Headshots are fair game. although obviously I tend to shoot the body first if available.

Oh and my local site doesn't do bang rules. Although if you have someone dead to right you can play nice - just be ready to shoot.

As for general field etiquette. Shout them out when hit.and walk off. If you play dead, dont move tec i'll keep lighting you up. Cheat Calling - Ok but dont shout out "take your hits!" find a marshall & tell them. Honesty - If you can't be honest in this game your fail in life in general. 5 mins dead time is naff all. go sit down - get the brew out & have a fag.
                I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

yea proteus is where i use that rule - lots of building to get play through - sometimes forgot to change to semi in the heat of battle oops

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
                    yea proteus is where i use that rule - lots of building to get play through - sometimes forgot to change to semi in the heat of battle oops
                    do it all on single - you dont need auto.... unless its a LMG..
                    I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

ah, when theres no lmg around, automatic fire can be helpful... doesnt mean every shot is on auto though. Time and place.

Comment

i like auto - mostly because my m4 doesnt have the greatest range on it - so tend to have to do quick assaults, great for covering while my team flank sides / throw greandes

Comment

I only headshot if its the only thing thats sticking out of the bushes/doorway. Even then I always feel kinda iffy about it because being shot in the head sucks.

If I catch someone sleeping I usually say bang or aim straight for the chest into there vest so most of the impact is absorbed by kit and what not instead of going onto the more fleshy bits. I'm going through a phase of shouting Freeze! through, trying to get all the dog tags on MGS2 has made me do this.

My site has very little cheating in CQB. It's all out painfest so its hard not to take a hit but in the odd occasion that someone does just pile them some more BB death. We have full auto everywhere, even in the little rooms so you WILL take your hit. We play by this phrase I heard a marshall say. "If you see someone close, dont say take your hit, just say Take this you C*nt!"

If I feel it or if I hear a hit whip against my clothes I'll call it, but sometimes it is hard to tell when its in the heat of battle so I usually play it safe and call it if I think I have been.

I'd expect players to play like I do, honest. I know everyone has a different view but as long as you call your hits and generally dont be a tosser I don't mind.
                          SAVE OUR SPORT
                          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

A few basics I think are consistent with good sportsmanship:
                            - Stick to site FPS limits
                            - Take your hits and don't complain about pain- take it with a friendly insult to oppo!
                            - Dead men/Women don't talk - observe this rule and remind your side if necessary
                            - Observe regen rules- walk all the way to regen point not half way!
                            - Keep sensible engagement distance unless impossible
                            - Avoid headshots unless impossible
                            - Don't rinse people on full auto- i.e. no overkill
                            - Engage and participate in game objectives-support you side/ team
                            - Control your temper and work with marshalls to resolve any issue, conflict or problem
                            - Marshall's decision is final- don't argue with marshall, especially not in front of others
                            - Take your hits and take your hits
                            - Make sure you don't hold up proceedings- ammo up on time and focus
                            - Look the part - make an effort with your kit
                            - Observe and support game rules- bending rules ruins the whole point of game scenarios
                            - Have a laugh!
                            Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

I don't go for headshot's unless it's all I can see, but I still think twice if the muppet is only wearing glasses and nothing else on thier face (like a facemask, scarf, Neoprene, balaclava, pair of boxershorts etc). Especially follow this rule at CQB. I personally where a full face as i've seen enough people with chipped or missing teeth.

Bang Kills are a most satisfactory outcome and make me feel like a ninja

Deadmen don't talk apart from to occasionally remind people that your are indeed a deadman and further applications of BB's at high speeds to your person is not required.
                              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I remember having to shoot one poor guy about 12 times in various parts of his ears because he kept standing in the middle of the road dead, periodically shouting medic, and spotting for his teammates pinned.....

Well he was talking... He must have been alive... :P so i shot him...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kitten I'm a 21yo student from sheffield currently studying physical geography. Find out more about Kitten
                                Working...
                                X