Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sportsmanship and Airsoft

nar

ive been shot in the umm...yea .. that really hurt, never even found out who it was, as far as i know was a sniper hiding in the sniper tower, must have been 500fps with how it hit!
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I aim for the head if i have no other target, but i try and aim for the body if i can. That said i wont say i never shoot anyone in the head unless i have to, im not fantastic a shot

Bang kills, ok ill admit sometimes im pumped up and my instinct is just to shoot, but i try and bang if i can and its in site rules- my home site doesnt play bang, so its common procedure to shoot them, but more than 2 or 3 shots is frowned on. But as well as this, i like to try and use the knife when i can

General field ethics, well i think if your not going to take your hits, then piss off, your not welcome. However, i know that there are many circumstances when you may not feel or not realise you have been hit- running under fire or in fast CQB. However, these can more often than not be dealt with with a polite, youve been hit, no need to start calling them a cheat or swearing, thats going to make your case look worse and make them more likely to be aggressive back. Persistant, blatant cheating should be delt with via a marshall, but the odd incident, a quiet word never hurts before you break out the ol' cans o' hurt on them, 9/10 incidents ive experience that have been delt with in this manner, the supposed cheater has genuinly had no clue theyve been hit, and there have been no further problems. But there is nothing more i hate in airsoft than a winger, hes not taking his hits etc. If not, deal with it through the proper channels.

Most people who know me know i like to play a fast, up front, in your face, assault style role, preferably with machine gun, but thats only because i like to run and shout in russian, and im extreame supporter of the good old fashioned charge- it works more often than youd think! I know i may come across very aggressive at times, but im never rude- i dont see the need for it on the field, after all everyone there is a sportsmate, and there could well be young 'uns around. After all, we are all there to have a good day and a laugh, and getting in an arguement with some stranger over basically nothing is going to ruin it, thats why i also dont like people who insult other players they dont know personally, on and off the field, theres just no real need to not be polite and handle things calmly
      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Oh yes... the number of times a team at my old site used to perform very.... Very russian charges... death or glory types... it worked too often :D

but not when me with the l96, 2 friends with saws, and another with an m16a2 had them lined up

bodies everywhere... but bless them for trying.

Comment

I always aim for the centre of mass, simple because it's a bigger target. I've taken a few headshots, including one smack in the middle of my forehead. I've also been in a few situations where I've been unsure if I'd been hit, carried on playing and then the guy called out that they'd hit me, I said fair enough and went to respawn.

As for bang kills, I've called a few rather than shooting someone as I just think it's a nicer thing to do (and I've taken a spray for my kindness ) but I must admit, it's a desire of mine to capture someone and then shoot them in the back with my pistol proper execution style

Comment

People dont expect charges to work, but ive found that invariably they do!

I once got within 10 feet of any enemy trench with nothing but a sword, and the team i was on once finished a 30 min game in 5 mins when we all just charged straight at the object at go
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C

Comment

as long as a few people charge thye allways work extremely well!

anyway back on topic
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
                People dont expect charges to work, but ive found that invariably they do!

I once got within 10 feet of any enemy trench with nothing but a sword, and the team i was on once finished a 30 min game in 5 mins when we all just charged straight at the object at go
                Drive closer! i want to hit them with my sword!

ehem... Yeah, we did that too... really annoyed a site owner... :P he expected it to take hours :P

Comment

If all I can see is someone's head ill take the shot preferably on single not to cause them to much pain otherwise I aim for the body.

If someone is not taking the shot's to the body on the other hand I will aim for the face to make them take it now I know that may seem harsh to some of you but I hate it when people ruin a good day by not calling their hits.

Caught one lad a few weeks ago on the back of his hand as that's all I could see and when I seen him after the game had ended he had a large bruise and lump there from my shot

I always do my best to get bang kills is great to scare the crap out of people now and then :D as I tend to sneak around alot trying to get all the sneaky kills lol plus the bang kill is part of my site's rules but if somebody doe's refuse the "bang" then I put 2-3shots into them so they then know they have been "killed".

With the hit taking and all that I try to call my hits the best I can and have had numerous ricochet shots (which can hurt even more) and ive still called myself out

Now ill admit at my site there seem to be more and more new players turning up every game day and alot of them tend to ruin the day by not taking their hits straight away in the very first game and they tend to get worse as the day goes on.

Most people do report them to the marshals who do their best to sort it out but there are a few people tend to just bitch and moan about it.

As stated above I tend to either be sneaking around with my mate trying to get as many sneaky kills as possible or I play really fast and get stuck in with the action

Comment

I like the phrase my previous site owner used in his safety brief...

"Now remember kids, Only bang people you know."

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
                      try explaining to 50 customers over the period of the night why the bargirl has a huge bruise on her boob
                      What kind of bar are you working in Kitten...LOL

Head shots hurt and could be really serious, I've looked on the Dragon Valley site, but they don't have pictures up of the number of bleeding faces there were this last weekend. I've never seen so many. One guy was shot, during a CQB game, by a complete male self-pleasurer, who decided to put a gun to a key hole and blind fire. The BB embedded itself in his earlobe and almost went all the way through!

I try not to take head shots, but as said, if it's all they're showing then that's what gets hit. I use bangs at times, but at others I'll go with the flow. People seem less willing to take bangs in the heat of the moment.

As far as taking hits is concerned, I'll always take mine, but get pretty pissed off at times when clear hits are ignored.
                      sigpic

Comment

a regular nice one?

I dunno... it was fairly obvious towards the top of my boob... and the uniform was a spagetti strap vest.... so that area was visible... dont worry, im not a Poledancer

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
                          dont worry, im not a Poledancer
                          damn

Comment

Fuck you all ! perverts! hehe

Comment

Not doing much to promote airsoft as a gender equal sport are we guys? :P

Comment

Its all fun and games Aeviv... I'm used to it and it doesnt bother me.... Just pretend im one of the guys... Its all about the toy guns at the end of the day... Though its ironic this came up in the sportsmanship topic... heh, it has factored in game once or twice...

Like one poor chap tried to bang kill me at 15m... 'go on love, take the hit'

so i rolled and shot him... The hesetation has factored a few times, but thankfully most guys take anyone on the field with a gun and eyeprotection as an equal threat...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kitten I'm a 21yo student from sheffield currently studying physical geography. Find out more about Kitten
                                Working...
                                X