Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Have you bought a gun just 'cuz you use it on cod 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you bought a gun just 'cuz you use it on cod 6?/

Dont worry,

That annoys me too, people that play games and thus... know everything to do with guns...

urgh..

Steve
    My Armory:
    ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

Ive modelled my MOE on the M4 in MW2... :B

But I dont really like the game!

Comment

It's just another source on inspiration. When most Newb's ask "What gun to get", normally people say things like "go watch action movies and see what grabs your attention" as well "ask loads of people if you can try there guns whilst hiring".

I know a fair few people who have suddenly become very fond of UMP's and now have a passion for ACR and Masada's.

Anyway, Yes I bought a G36c because I liked the look of them from Cod4.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

What realy annoyed me with MW2 is that there was no dismembering. Bit sick I know but CoD WaW is a 15 and they have limbs coming off! in reality you can cut someone in half with a p90, two would turn a person to mulch, as for the splosions etc if you take a direct RPG hit you would be torn to peaces. If it didn't go off you would be impaled by it (ref: black hawk down). Then there's the ammo, try humping an m240 bravo and 900 rounds of 7.62! you wouldn't get far.

IW realy fuc**d up.

EDIT: why did they axe the G36? and then go replace it with the FAMAS and FAL of all things!
          Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

n
            e
            v
            e
            r
            i'm sorry but no

Comment

I wouldnt buy a gun purly cos someone in a game used one, but its a good place to get ideas about guns and equiptment.
              I didnt even know there was such a thing as a SCAR before i played mw2, I'm sure it'd help people learn of new stuff, which is usually a good thing.

Chev,

Comment

Originally posted by danstem View Post
                lol people love to argue!
                thou i was thinking of getting one anyway, it did tip me onto buying a FAL
                While CoD didn't make me want to get a FAL, I was quite chuffed that they included it since I need a FAL/Galil to finish my SADF loadout and I feel a sense of national pride using a weapon my country used during the period my loadout is replicating.

If anything CoD just reminded me how much I liked them in the first place, just when I thought I'd spring for a galil.

Comment

i have to admit it is making me want a ump! and a scar! and others

i think intervention is right you are naturally influenced by games and films
                  TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by atblack View Post
                    The thing i hate about cod 6 now is that i have always wanted a Scar H but now i feel like if i get one everyone will judge
                    Don't worry about it! I bought an G&P EBR in October, then ordered an ACR the week before the game came out. I then bought the game and saw my guns!
                    I must admit that alot of the guns I like were in the original Rainbow 6 games on the PC WA2000 anyone?
                    I bet when it arrives everyone will see EBR + ACR + WA2000 = MW2

The thing is, when all said and done who cares where you got your ideas from as long as you can make it work in your game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
                      The amount of MW2 loadouts around at the moment that are just any old kit chucked together is rather alarming. Don't get me wrong, some look real good, but MW2 they aint!
                      That pretty much where I stand. You see alot of 'this is my xxx loadout', and its just not! However, I dont see anything wrong with seeing a gun in a film or a game, and thinking, 'I want that'- for example, I built my MG36 after seeing it in Rainbow Six Las Vegas. Im not a hardcore gamer, but I am a big film buff, and I often find myself seeing a gun I like in a film, then later buying it in airsoft. Though that said, I would probably have bought that gun after seeing it in a shop anyway- the M16 being a prime example.
                      However, I do side with Leon to some extent, as there is something that annoys me a bit when someone says, I loved this gun in COD so I've bought it in airsoft. But equally well, if someone told me they saw Black Hawk Down and bought an M733 to make a 'Gary Gordon', I wouldnt be at all annoyed- in fact Id be very interested. I guess you have to get a source of your gun 'wants' from somewhere, rather than just instinct.
                      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

yeah IW dont seem to look at real guns when banging out the stats for thier game guns, the kriss doing less damage than the mp5k? ahem .45 v 9mm....plus i trained on the cheytec when i was on ops with czec sog and if anyone is on my fb there is a pic of me holding it in the standing firing position, let me tell you i nearly had a hernea standing with it, its massive. in game snipers should get the intervention stuck on doors in my opinion ha ha.
                        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

One thing they do get right that most others dont (Flashpoint 2 got this entirelty wrong)

Was the reloading animations, they actually the bolt catch in the correct way (only when youve entirely expended your magazine) not EVERY single time, or the insane amount of double cocks you can do in most other games!

Comment

I got all my guns before cod mw was released... i think cod's copying me

Seriously though, i think it's a great idea getting inspiration from games, movies and media. Hey whatever looks cool right? But i have noticed that there aren't many "out of the ordinary" guns available in airsoft that you find in the likes of cod mw2 and other games... for example if someone showed me a KRISS Vector airsoft gun that didn't require modding and was made by someone like TM or ICS then i would buy it in a second as i've always loved the look of the gun ever since i first saw it on the discovery chanel.

Comment

in britain, i bought a p90 because of stargate sg1, a desert eagle because the agents use it in the matrix, and a usp compact because i saw jack bauer using one.

respect to those who copy real loadouts - but i pick a gun i think looks good, then try it to see if its comfortable or whatever - then get it. games influence me, but i think i have a good understanding of guns, and more importantly, the difference between real guns, airsoft guns, and what i fire with the A button on my xbox controller.

but yes jockjay, when COD4 came out, i started to really like the M4 - even though i didn't like it before. so when i got to Hong Kong, i got one, with an eotech, and an M203.

then i got the m9 - because i've always liked it in films and games - and is really comfortable to use i think, and an auto Glock G23, because i think i used to play with it in 'Farcry Instincts.' now for those who don't like dual wielding, or 'akimbo' or whatever - fine. but i dual wield during indoor games, and i like it. i find i can cover myself better, and my shots are nearly as much on target as using one gun.

after playing COD6, I really want a SCAR - even though i didn't like them before. i just like the look of it now. i got oakley gloves because they looked great on Mr. MacTavish - although i'm not doing what many here in HK have already done, and gone for Ghost's loadout. that's their choice.

copying games or whatever is fine in my opinion. copying real wars and saying you're doing it out of respect... i have my own opinions on that too. but i won't insult or upset people who seem to care so much about it.

good thread.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Nope
                                Weapons of Choice:
                                G&G SOC-16
                                Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
                                JG - AK47 tactical
                                VFC Scar - L
                                Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jockjay Find out more about jockjay
                                Working...