• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Buying second hand

Ah, well, nevermind then.

Comment

My two pence,

I am the guy who bought the masadas. Yes I feel a fool.
      Photos are worth jack. I found this out when I discovered the photos I was sent were from another site.
      Post count first? As above worth jack.
      Feedback score? Although gives an indication, everyone started with a zero score at some point, even the honest sellers.
      Paypal? I have already had a few threads deleted for commenting about them but safe to say I have had a tough induction. Try phoning them to see if you're covered.......

Short of only ever buying face to face or asking for a reference from their mum, their priest and their first year teacher there is always a risk. I got burned. It could have been worse and no one died.
      There are still ways of getting money back but it is tough and a hassle.

Lesson learned? Yes
      Would I buy on here again? Yes.

Crusoe
      Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
        My two pence,

I am the guy who bought the masadas. Yes I feel a fool.
        Photos are worth jack. I found this out when I discovered the photos I was sent were from another site.
        Post count first? As above worth jack.
        Feedback score? Although gives an indication, everyone started with a zero score at some point, even the honest sellers.
        Paypal? I have already had a few threads deleted for commenting about them but safe to say I have had a tough induction. Try phoning them to see if you're covered.......

Short of only ever buying face to face or asking for a reference from their mum, their priest and their first year teacher there is always a risk. I got burned. It could have been worse and no one died.
        There are still ways of getting money back but it is tough and a hassle.

Lesson learned? Yes
        Would I buy on here again? Yes.

Crusoe
        Sorry to hear that fella but you have the right attitude, 99 times out of 100 at least you'd be fine, just bad luck. I've done more deals on here than I can count and only 2 of those spring to mind as being bad, one was a trade that never turned up and the other was a leaking mag that the seller refused to honour, in each case none of the "improvements" suggested here would have made any difference.
        HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Cheers mate, wanna buy a "Magpul" masada? Lol.
          Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
            Cheers mate, wanna buy a "Magpul" masada? Lol.
            you got any photos
            sigpic
            Take Your Hit

Comment

anyone want to buy a helmet cam? lmao!!!

Bamf! nice! served!

Comment

I was almost on the verge of starting another thread to vent my frustrations further, as I've just noticed at least two sales listings asking for "Offers"

Do people who sign up to this forum not bother to not only read the rules, but the sales templates too? We're all well aware that the seller can ask what they want for in respect of price, but if they want to auction their possessions, they should try Ebay*

High (Percieved) prices are annoying, but not half as annoying as not even knowing what the seller wants in the first place!

Tony, I'd have to see some generic pictures of this camera that you' taken off t'net first son.

*There are other auction sites available.
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

• That does annoy me too, but that is breaking the rules of the forum and the threads will be removed. (When reported)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Some of the asking prices in the classifieds are nuts, I also hate 'custom paint jobs' which basically means it got sprayed by some halfords paint to look nothing like the real life version.
                    I saw a high cycle AUG on there a few weeks back, I've been after one for ages, for more than they cost new.
                    I guess people can ask fir what ever they want, and if someone pays it then I guess every one gets what they want.

Comment

People seem to think because they have never used it they can sell if for the same price as new which isn't the case. You cant return it and as said its still classed as second hand.
                      As soon as you buy a new car you lose 20% so same goes for guns. You see people bumping items so much because they expect too much.
                      Ive even seeing people adding up all they have spent on the gun and then selling it for that price.
                      If you dont like the price dont buy. Offer what you wish to pay

Comment

There seems to be yet another deluded user asking £135 more than the retail price for a WE pistol because it's "Rare"....

Comment

I purely trade. I dont buy or sell anymore as it can be annoying and expensive.
                          Im happy to part with my items for your items. Simple.
                          If its worth more or then items can be added or subtracted from the trade. But half the time if i really want it or they do ill add bits in or ask nicely for extras. Gotta help the little guy out

I work a trade on what things are worth new. It gives a better platform for trading as you always have that benchmark to work from. Then you account for age and use /modifications, extras. But i think its fairer that way as opposed to guessing what it would be worth at that moment in time. Sometimes you get a deal and other times they get a deal.
                          Last edited by sean_waller; 21 January, 2013, 13:22. Reason: additional blah
                          Uksf loadout

TM 417 recoil.
                          Custom built L119A1
                          WE P228

Comment

I buy the majority of my stuff brand new, at the prices some chancers are asking for second hand goods I'd rather the money go to a store. I saw a holo sight on sale on the forum for more than a store bought brand new one in this country and twice as much as I could get it from HK.... Whilst it isn't scamming or illegal I still think of those traders as arseholes.

Comment

Something my Dad always told was that a fair or good deal is one were both parties are happy if this means the buyers payed too much so be it, same applies if they paid the seller less, as long as everyone's happy a deals done and they go home happy!
                              Fire Team Zulu
                              Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                              http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X