This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2-tone services being withdrawn?

it's the retailers prerogative not to offer them.
    If they feel it will be likely to totally remove their livelihood -then stop doing two tones and sell RIF's but stay in business that is their choice.

The retailers doing so know their market and have been going for several years ( (neatly 10 years in one case)

Comment

Originally posted by BooHoo View Post
      I know some under 18's can be very stupid with airsoft guns, however i feel that some of the comments being made about getting rid of younger player etc are a tad harsh.

There are alot of under 18's who enjoy the sport very much with me being one of them.

Boohoo
      Sadly your a minority.
      Custom M4
      TM 1911

Comment

The world of airsoft havent been two-toning for a while mate. This is my local shop so im in there every week.
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Ban two tone?

You guys are snobs

Comment

Well Home Office do not agree with the painting of an IF to a RIF. The way it was meant to be according to them was that player would purchase IF. Then when able to purchase a RIF do so instead of painting an IF.

So this 'retailer' is only stopping the painting of IF to a RIF, which in eyes of the HO is the right way.

Comment

I am a bit of a hypocrite here but I do agree with panoptes. I have just sold My L96 which is a RIF. The guy has 1 more visit to go for his Site membership UKARA defence. I tried to talk him out of buying my gun till he had this.

He insisted he wanted it now but only 2 tone so he stayed within the law. I reluctantly agreed and have painted the gun. I hated doing it as like I say I agree with panoptes on this.

Unfortunately I need the cash and couldn't afford to turn down the sale. But I don't think I shall be doing it again as believe it or not I really don't feel good about doing it. I do take my hat of to the guy for being up front and truthful though.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
                Ban two tone?

You guys are snobs
                I am when i could lose my equipment that i pay taxes on.
                Custom M4
                TM 1911

Comment

Sadly your a minority.
                  Very much so agreed and i too would like it if people my age would/could/should be more responsible!
                  "Could have swore I just saw a guy in a ghi.....HIT!"

Comment

well said Panoptes, the whole reason Ukara was started was because the Uk shops were losing money to the Hk shops, i mean just spell out Ukara if you want proof. they are always acting out of greed.

Oh yea and btw, since when does being 18 make you responsible? usually its not the kids that are the problem but the grown adults with pre-madona and 'issues' syndrome that cause the problems. i know for a fact that some 15 year old's can be more responsible than some 18 year old's.

Shame 18 is the benchmark, i know it is the right age limit for the RIF's but no need to have a go at the under 18's and slag them all off like some of u are doing
                    Last edited by GGTIMMY; 24 January, 2010, 23:11.

Comment

I think the two scottish sites only dont do it because thier two tone range is imported as injected green plastic?

Comment

Well it sounds like a good move, getting rid of these two tone guns, all they do when I see one when in battle is remind me that my real looking gun is actually a toy gun that's only shooting plastic beads.
                        So hope they are withdrawing them.
                        sigpic

Comment

The problem though, is that you wouldn't need to do that Chronicle. You can buy an IF and instead of painting you can still buy outer body accessories and throw away the 2 tone stuff or sell it on to someone who wants a 2 tone gun.

Therefore doing away with the painting. To all intents and purposes though it is the same thing. Problem is, though, proving what the gun was in the first place. it would almost be imopssible to do
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by BooHoo View Post
                            Very much so agreed and i too would like it if people my age would/could/should be more responsible!
                            Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
                            The problem though, is that you wouldn't need to do that Chronicle. You can buy an IF and instead of painting you can still buy outer body accessories and throw away the 2 tone stuff or sell it on to someone who wants a 2 tone gun.

Therefore doing away with the painting. To all intents and purposes though it is the same thing. Problem is, though, proving what the gun was in the first place. it would almost be imopssible to do
                            And even then you need to be able proove your a softer as its manufacturing and not all know how to change the parts. Heh law sucks.

Comment

still some HK shops are trying to bipass UKARA by sending RIF's in parts its not the players but the retailers.
                              Custom M4
                              TM 1911

Comment

If you read, the world of airsoft.net has stopped two toning rif due to lack of staff, no other reason.
                                Have I bought or sold an item that relates to you recently? If so, please leave me my iTrader

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

101stairborne-506 Find out more about 101stairborne-506
                                Working...
                                X