• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2-tone services being withdrawn?

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
    Saves it?

It's not under threat....?
    Seriously mate, read the papers, watch the news, If you really open your eyes (Not meant as an attack on you, just about general awareness), there is constant pressure on any group to advocates a military style event or lifestyle. Whilst no one is really opposed to airsoft, they group it in with many other things, and arent afraid to wipe them all out in the efforts of cutting crime. Whilst Airsoft isnt under direct fire right now, It could be in a few weeks or months. It wasnt too long ago that airsoft was threatened with strangulation, and I think far too many airsofters have forgotten how close that came
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        YES. Read-up on the subject. Two-tone is a potential threat as it will give HMG the perfect excuse to kill the sport dead by forcing everyone to use them.

If they wanted to ban RIFs and force two tone upon everyone they would have done it by now....

RIFS are already illegal to buy and import.

You've committed an offense by buying one!

We all have!

Comment

Unless you have a specific exemption... Airsofter re- enactor, museum, film/props.

it's not that difficult to know the law concerning you, is it now.

Comment

No we haven't if we have the defence. I know I qualify for it in various ways.
            Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
            you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
            eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Airsoft guns are EXEMPT (spell check) from the VCRA
              Custom M4
              TM 1911

Comment

Originally posted by Hypnose View Post
                Sadly your a minority.
                Was that actually needed ?
                Originally posted by casshern
                then my xbox will be fed to the dog.

Comment

No one is exempt...

No such thing as an 'exemption'. Rule of law

Comment

Originally posted by lxxR3MiiX3Dxxl View Post
                    Was that actually needed ?
                    Was that needed?
                    Custom M4
                    TM 1911

Comment

Duh.. yes we know that, would you like to make another blindingly obvious statement?

Not you hunter bravo2zero..

Comment

To paraphrase a great man...

"Never before have some many, talked so much crap, that knew so few"

I'm not going to name names, but anybody who comes on here talking about the VCRA 2006 soley based on what they have read on forums or what they think is "fair" is just plain idiotic.

I know a number of people on here have actually read the physical act and accompanying notes. Myself included. There is so much mis-information in this thread and others, makes me cringe.

Maybe we should have a new rule, unless you have actually taken the time to read the law. You should be gagged from recycling the same old garbage that was incorrect the first time somebody posted it up, and the 100 other times it has been recycled as "gospel truth".

/rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom S View Post
                          Wow, really? At the end of the day, does it actually harm you having 2 tone guns? Does it stop you, in any way, from owning your RIF legally? You should be encouraging people from the younger generation into getting into the sport, they are, after all, the future. If the only way they can play is with a two tone, then im all for it. If all the community was like a number of people in this thread, then we soon see airsoft die, as newer, younger players are put off from participating.

I suggest you take a step back and realise. Many of you probably started airsoft at an age under 18, back when there was none of this VCRA crap. So youve never had to go through wanting to play, and have a RIF like everyone else, and really join in, but not be allowed because of either the law, or snobbish chairsofters putting you down.

Thankyou!! finally someone who has seen the bigger picture and i cant believe the things some people have written. Obviously 2-tone isnt ideal and yes it looks ugly and can ruin the realism of Airsofting but its what people are going to have to adapt to, it's like what Dom said the younger players are the future of airsoft and without them playing then the sport will just die out.....

Ollie.
                          sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
                          Originally posted by Kagedwolf
                          I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
                          Originally posted by Major
                          well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Comment

People under 17 can't drive.. but we don't see go-karts on the roads with 10 year olds in them do we?

What's the problem with having to wait until you're 18 before being able to OWN a RIF? You can still skirmish. And is it REALLY that much more expensive to pay 30 odd quid here and there (I can't imagine that a huge majority of under 18s who would really manage to skirmish like twice a month even if it was free.. lifts from parents not always available etc). So that 30 odd quid isnt really gonna add up to a lot more in 4 or so years for a young gun than a £150 gun, mags, batteries, bbs, walk on fees etc etc. For a 17 year old, it certainly isn't going to be that much cheaper in ONE year for them to just pay rental fees.

That's the only argument I've ever really heard about young guns who aren't content with renting..
                            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by ollie2435 View Post
                              the younger players are the future of airsoft and without them playing then the sport will just die out.....
                              Nah. People in their early to mid 20's with jobs and disposable income are the future of airsoft.
                              Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                              you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                              eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
                                People under 17 can't drive.. but we don't see go-karts on the roads with 10 year olds in them do we?
                                Thank you RIF's are for sale to 18+ there for two tone or not no one under that age shouldown a RIF.
                                Custom M4
                                TM 1911

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

101stairborne-506 Find out more about 101stairborne-506
                                Working...
                                X