X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2-tone services being withdrawn?

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
    Can we just make the 'generic zeroin VCRA argument thread' a sticky?
    It would sure save a lot of needless typing.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 25 January, 2010, 07:31.
    Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
    you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
    eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Both me and Sci fi Steve are working with Fizzy and Rockinrobin to create a VCRA sticky.

Not much longer before.....nothing will change because it won't be read

Comment

From the VCRA WRT age:
        40 Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        (1) After section 24 of the 1968 Act insert—
        “24A Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        (1) It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an
        imitation firearm.
        (2) It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of
        eighteen.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeyWare View Post
            Wrong.

At my site, it's once a month, and a £15 rental fee.

Lets say you start playing at the age of 16.
            Thats 24 games of airsofting. Okay you might not make them all, so lets say 20 games.

20 games, with the rental fee of £15 = £300.

A decent Two-Tone G36C or equivelent, with mag's batteries and any other accesories is about £200 at the most.

Which means in your first 2 years, you've saved £100 on rentals.

The other thing is. If you started at 16, payed £300 in rental's, got UKARA on your 18th birthday. You'd have to find ANOTHER £200+ To fund a gun, all just because it wasn't bright green.

Now what looks better? £200, at the start a nice green gun. Or £500, UKARA and a RIF.

I know what i'd rather choose. Don't take this is a personal attack though.
            Wow, do you see how much I had to quote?
            The actual Maths wasn't needed. It's still a weak argument that 'cost' is the reason why young guns need to buy two tones.

£200 for a 16 year old is quite a lot.. and it would have to be their parents buying anyway. I'm pretty sure that a lot of parents (and I speak from personal and friends' experience here..) are far more comfortable letting their kid have some money each month to go airsofting rather than spending £200 all in one go on what they see as a 'gun'.

Also.. 20 games a year for a young gun? Not so sure they'd manage it. You're forgetting 'no Jimmy, you haven't done your homework this week, so you're not going shooting this Sunday', and 'no Jimmy, we are going to grandma's this Sunday, you can't go shooting'. E to the T to the Cetera.

THOSE kind of variables are why doing the exact maths is a waste of time. And THAT's why the difference isn't quite as much as you say it is.

BUT yeah.. even if it did turn out to be more cost effective.. I still stand by my point that under 17s have managed without cars since god knows when. Under 18s have managed without being allowed into pubs since (don't bother mentioning underage drinking and all that.. I'm just making an example. A poor one, granted, but an example that in an ideal world stands firm. If it wasn't 1am I'd think of a better one)... The Liberal Reforms? Lloyd George? Something like that.. it wouldn't hurt them to rent until they were 18.

Eughhh.. bedtime...
            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I have heard of a way around the 2-tone option - a site shop that will do "hire-purchase" on a RIF. i.e. you "hire" the gun (and the shop retains possession) until you are UKARA registered, then you "buy" the "ex-hire" gun. all paid up-front, of course.

Now I'm not sure if this is actually done anywhere, but it's legally ambiguous at best.

Comment

not sure how that would work? -you still have to be 18 to own a rif , 2 tone or not.

please ignor-misread post, my bad.
                Last edited by richy b; 25 January, 2010, 01:35. Reason: comment withdrawn
                'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

Originally posted by richy b View Post
                  not sure how that would work? -you still have to be 18 to own a rif , 2 tone or not.

please ignor-misread post, my bad.
                  he means that before you are ukara registered (but still over 18, or turning 18 very soon) then the site "sells" you a rif but keeps it onsite/instore till you have done your 3 games. but for those 3 games you still get to use your own gun. albeit "rented" if you will.

i think i explained that right? its 2am. i'm tired.

personally, people should just abide by the law. makes everything simpler. wont jepordise the sport. i've waited almost 4 months to get my 3rd game. i could of easily bought a two-tone, BUT it just looks wrong. so i was a good boy and waited.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                    I have heard of a way around the 2-tone option - a site shop that will do "hire-purchase" on a RIF. i.e. you "hire" the gun (and the shop retains possession) until you are UKARA registered, then you "buy" the "ex-hire" gun. all paid up-front, of course.

Now I'm not sure if this is actually done anywhere, but it's legally ambiguous at best.
                    However if the Player takes the RIF home this is then under their ownership and thus if not a skirmisher under VCRA terms, then seller has sold illegaly.

You purchase a car under a hire purchase scheme, you take ownership of the car thus it is yours (log book in your name etc), however the finance house also has an interest in the car untill paid in full.

However if the site kept said RIF at their shop and the pLayer collects and returns each game day then that is fine as they are hiring. They could then purchase this under agreement when legally allowed to do so.

Hope that makes sense..tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronicle View Post
                      However if the site kept said RIF at their shop and the pLayer collects and returns each game day then that is fine as they are hiring. They could then purchase this under agreement when legally allowed to do so.

Hope that makes sense..tired.
                      This was what I implied with "(and the shop retains possession)". Too tired to type the other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                        This was what I implied with "(and the shop retains possession)". Too tired to type the other stuff.
                        Well we arnt physcic. Hence why I questioned it.

Comment

To be honest as the whiners seem to be out to buy guns illegally whats the problem? Lets get rid of two tones because they dont seem that bothered by the law (hello boohoo) so I cant really see why theyre complaining in the first place other than totally validate those who believe they shouldnt be airsofting.

Comment

What really needs to be sorted out is the whole giffting crap as lately at my local site there have been a few 16 year old kids getting their dads or uncles to get ukara so they can then buy/gift them a rif.

Seems to take the p for us 18 plus who have ukara
                            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 25 January, 2010, 07:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Fossilfuel View Post

i wish it was that easy :p

Comment

I started Airsofting in my early 20s, Im now 28, when I started it was pre UKARA. But like most, Ive had to save for things in the past.
                                This thread seems to have gone the same way as all the others with under 18s doing the hair flick thing and complaining the world aint fair, well no its not fair, Ill tell you whats not fair. Being in the forces with all the weapons training on REAL STEEL rifles, miniguns, 20mils etc, yet I have to get registered to buy a RIF. But its all OK because an under 18 can get gifted a 2tone, which kinda goes against the whole idea really.
                                What some people really need to get before anything is some frakkin PATIENCE. I had to wait 2 years to get my motorbike, I had to sacrifice other stuff to get it.
                                I have played alongside young guns in the past, and to be fair they were very good players, yet others were complete phallic shaped objects of a sexual nature. And I also agree with a post further up, the future of airsoft is not just under 18s, its who ever the hell turns up on the next game day. The future of airsoft is whoever decides to put the time, effort and money into the sport in a completely legal fashion and plays to the morals of the sport.
                                I read through some posts on this forum at times (amongst other forums too) and find some really really irritating little above named phallic shaped object who show how impatient they are by posting such questions as "which gun am bestest?" which just ends up at the top of another eleventybazzilion other "which gunz am bestest?" posts. The above named people who also insist on breaking forum rules in the sales section and at times on threads too.
                                Im closing this post with a Jerry Springer "Thought of the day".
                                Be patient, wait a while, its not always cheaper to jump in with a 2tone (you might not even like the sport after 2 games) and for godsake start opening the peep holes and actually reading posts from present and past, then you will see the fears of airsofters when 2tone is involved.
                                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

101stairborne-506 Find out more about 101stairborne-506
                                Working...
                                X