Getting shot in the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting shot in the face

Tomorrow I'm doing my first skirmish without full face protection, just goggles, helmet, shemagh. I see alot of guys with just a pair of safety glasses on.

It's a CQB site and I'm scared about taking a face shot, is it really painful or can you just get on with it haha

Re: Getting shot in the face

Hurts no more than being shot else where. If its proper CQB then the risk of you losing a tooth does go up. Seen it a few times, we have both staff and players who have lost teeth in the past. Steel mesh is wonderful!

That said, we have players who play numerous times a month, wearing only glasses, and they have no issues, maybe take the occasional face shot but no teeth lost. Only thing is if you do get shot in the face, its more noticeable when you go into work next day!
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I've been shot in the face a few times and yes, it does hurt, I'm not going to lie, but it's only for a second. I last got shot in the top lip which smarted a bit. I've heard story's of people losing teeth or parts of teeth, which is making me really consider getting face protection. I play on a woodland site, so a lot of the hits are at range. I would expect CQB hits to be at closer range, so likely to hurt more.
      The only stupid question is one that was never asked.

Comment

Consider a gum shield at least. Might save your teeth.

I personally won't play cqb without full face protection but maybe I've over paranoid.
        Upcoming Games:
        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

For real don't bother with a gum shield, the impact is still transferred to your teeth so the only advantage is you don't lose fragments afterwards
          - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
          - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Gonna man up and see how it goes tomorrow, nervous ha

Comment

Personally I think you are and idiot for doing so, but we live in a free society so hog wild.
              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Been shot in the face loads. Worst was a tri shot from a shot gun to the face from a team mate at about half a foot away in a game once. That one stung a bit. I wear a gum shield when playing cqb most of the time. I don't get on with face masks can't sight my weapon properly. But after marshalling at a cqb site have seen some horrors just don't cry when it happens to you.

Comment

Full face all the way here Hope it goes well for you, but least but a half mask in your bag in case you have second thoughts?

Comment

Just wear a lower mask already
                    You'll look daft with your face peppered with red dots.

I'm tired of feeling guilty if I hit someone in the mouth, even more tired of people kicking off because they've taken one to the lip.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post

For real don't bother with a gum shield, the impact is still transferred to your teeth so the only advantage is you don't lose fragments afterwards
                      A good gum shield will work fine.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Face shots aren't really a problem but if you lose a tooth/teeth then that is. Don't risk it, at least have lower face mask, I hate wearing stuff on my face but what would you rather have, no teeth or be a bit hot for the day.

Never tried a gum shield so can't comment but if people say it works then that's also an option.

Comment

Been wearing just goggles for a long time and I have been shot in the face very rarely in both indoor and outdoor fields. And when I have, it hasn't hurt all that much. I have seen someone lose the top part of their tooth. But that has only been once. Oh and I got shot at the face, and somehow a bb got inside my mouth. Felt a little cool spitting it out and then calling out "hit".

Comment

General rule of thumb is:
                            If you need to look your best within about a week of the skirmish taking place, job interview/wedding etc, then you'll get shot to fuck & end up with a face like a pepperoni pizza.

& if you,be got nothing special coming up, you'll be virtually bulletproof.

Comment

I'm taking my mesh half face mask with me just incase, I'll probably end up wearing it ha

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan88 Find out more about Dan88
                              Working...
                              X