Attached Files
    sigpic
    "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Re: Getting shot in the face

Can you even see? Lol

Comment

Depends on the game for me now. Milsim I'll wear mesh shields unless I know its going to get intense then like all other situations the lower mask comes on.
        I've been shot just below the nose and its left a perfect round scar, that I personally hate. This was my fault for marshalling a game to close but still it was a wake up call that proved why I prefer a full face cover system.
        "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
        Life in the fast lane........
        sigpic

Comment

I got heroshark to do me a small mesh mask to go inside of a balaclava, works a treat. The site I play at has some tight CQB areas and it's saved my teeth every time.
          Picture reference:
          https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1205484&type=3

Comment

jaws.jpg

Airsoft safe teeth!
            "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post

Never again.

Ladies and gents, this is why the MMR jab is so recommended.
              sigpic

Comment

My 12 year old son got shot (Friendly fire) in the face from 3 feet away. Never bothered him in the slightest. As a matter of fact he was well impressed that he had a scar to show his friends

Comment

Pmsl! Cheers for that Viper!

Comment

Isnt MMR only for girl?
                    "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post
                      For real don't bother with a gum shield, the impact is still transferred to your teeth so the only advantage is you don't lose fragments afterwards
                      This is complete bollocks. The point is that gumshield spreads impact it sustains through all the teeth it covers, preventing concentration of the force on one tooth which might fracture. A good gumshield (there are rubbish ones; know the difference) will protect your teeth from anything up to full-bore punches from a boxer, let alone a .25g plastic ball.

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                      Gum shields dont work, theres a thread somewhere on another forum a guy posted.
                      As the others have said, the gumshield must have been some combination of complete crap and/or not fitted properly. My OPRO (mandatory at school) held up to a field hockey ball, which is basically a BB except it weighs 160g, being slapshot straight into my mouth from a range of a few metres. A good gumshield will shrug off ice-hockey pucks - it won't even notice BBs.

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                      Isnt MMR only for girl?
                      That would be HPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                        Gum shields dont work, theres a thread somewhere on another forum a guy posted. Still snapped his front tooth in half. £250+ for a denture or £10 for a mesh mask. If your fussy about it not fitting buy a cheap one off here and cut it to fit you.
                        A good one does work.
                        I know from experience, as does a friend of mine.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Oh, whilst I'm here to follow on from my other passive aggressive post.

"it don't look milsim wearing mesh"

You look even less milsim when you're on the floor grabbing your face, or asking a Marshall to make sure you still look pretty...

I dislike mesh masks, just bugs me, yet I wear it. Can Stoll get cheekweld fine (i don't understand how people struggle with this)

But yeah, grinds my gears when people whinge about headshots.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            A good one does work.
                            I know from experience, as does a friend of mine.
                            Did you shoot your friend?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Viper Scout View Post
                              Did you shoot your friend?
                              Im not that good of a shot :p

Na, both of us play/played a lot of CQB.
                              Im one of those weirdos that cant stand mesh, it either never fits properly so is uncomfortable and irritating or I cant get that 'cheek weld'.

The only time I dont appreciate a face/headshot is when its on purpose, yes, some are that assholeish.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Aye, not trying to have a pop Sean, I've got a few mesh masks, with different quality mesh, the oldest one I have, is quite a soft mesh, I spend a couple od minutes each game day bending to fit my face again, and honestly, I have no problem with low irons, or even docter sights straight mounted.

Mesh annoys everybody,
                                Maybe you could try a 3m resi(that's been gutted) or make a micro mask to fit in a neck tube.

Alternatively, atm I'm making a mask with a mesh front with soft material sides.
                                Shouldn't cause eye pro to fog, better cheekweld, and keep my teeth :-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan88 Find out more about Dan88
                                Working...
                                X