Getting shot in the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting shot in the face

Been running shooting glasses only for years now. Play at pretty much only urban/cqb sites. And im still pretty, haha.

At the brief they always say they advise full face. So theyre doing their job.

Personally i hate any kind of face protection. Looks bloody stupid, and fogging goes into overdrive. But each to their own.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I only ever ran with eye pro and a hand over my mouth when cornering at CQC / CQB sites until I had two front teeth shot out! When you get hit in the teeth it's not the pain that bothers you it's the realisation of A: the dentist bill B: Having to tell everyone who doesn't airsoft why your being shot in the face in the first place. C: that for the sake of a few quid for lower face pro none of the above would of happened! First two things in my kit bag now... Eye pro & lower face pro.

F&O

Comment

Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan88 View Post
          Tomorrow I'm doing my first skirmish without full face protection, just goggles, helmet, shemagh. I see alot of guys with just a pair of safety glasses on.

It's a CQB site and I'm scared about taking a face shot, is it really painful or can you just get on with it haha
          It's only goning to hurt like anywhere else, but be careful of your teeth, that's gona hurt more and get expensive if you start losing them....

And do at your own risk imo, (There was a guy last weekend at my local site, only glasses on, head poking up over a barricade and lost hit sense of cool after getting zapped in the face (bit of full auto, but...)... I kinda get the been unhappy at that point, but not taking it out on the other poor sod who's only playing the game, your choice to go without full face protection, when you know full well what it's about.....).

-matt

Comment

Let's see if we can find that nice video from Halo Mill where the guy has to pop a bb like a zit out of his unprotected chin.
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

The few times I played at more 'close in' sites (outdoors in the woods, but still fighting up close) without lower face pro I took some stinging hits to the cheek/mouth area, on one occasion a shot went right between my lips and pinged off a front tooth. I guess drinking hard water and lots of milk saved me on that occasion since it didn't do anything but I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Played many woodland games with generally longer engagement ranges in the past wearing only shooting glasses and just got lucky really, but when you read the stories from guys who've had ricochets and (un)lucky angled shots hit their actual eyes... not for me thanks.

Got a whole collection of mesh masks which almost entirely sit collecting dust, totally ruin the cheekweld in most cases. The plastic lower part of the cheap full face masks with the mesh goggles you'll see given out to rentals is excellent however; couple of zip-ties will attach it to various models of goggle out there and it seems to catch a lot of the moisture you breath out before it gets up in to the eye pro (if you're wearing plastic lenses that is, obviously not an issues with mesh goggles).
              REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

For those that find the masks don't allow them to shoulder the gun properly you Can use a balaclava with mesh sewn onto the mouthpiece. Gotta do it spot on though or it will be uncomfortable.

Comment

i got shot in the ear the other day,that did hurt a bit,it went right inside my lug hole....also on the same day i got shot point blank in the face....didnt hurt, i was wearing a full face(minus ear pro)
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

In regard to cheek weld and lower mesh masks, which I'm guessing is on m4s as those sights are pretty low, a mix if bend the mash to fit closely to your face and a simple RIS riser for you optic will sort out the problem. The G36, ak side rail and to some extent Hk416 do not have this problem as the ris is higher than the stock line over the car15 variants.
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

For CQB I run a lid & mesh lower. Having shot out another players tooth, I'd rather not be on the receiving end. Yeah it looks operator without. But I'd rather keep my good looks & teeth.

Comment

best advice I've ever heard is "don't smile in a firefight", look up herosharks low profile mouth guard its pretty awesome and un-obtrusive

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

I lost two front teeth from an unlucky shot to the face two weeks ago. I will never leave the safe zone without full face again. It's not a myth an it's very painful and expensive. Don't do it, you might not look as "cool" but at least you'll still have your teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gum shields dont work, theres a thread somewhere on another forum a guy posted. Still snapped his front tooth in half. £250+ for a denture or £10 for a mesh mask. If your fussy about it not fitting buy a cheap one off here and cut it to fit you.
                            For Sale
                            Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Bottled it and wore my half face mesh protection, I'm glad too because I got shot about 15 times in the face.

I also shot one guy close up in the cheek, he only had goggles on, I felt a bit bad, was unavoidable though, he was shooting me and I could only see shoulders and above.

Comment

Bad luck, but hey, he chose to do without! The pic I posted I got sprayed from about a meter away, you just have to suck it in and take the blame. Mind, a BANG would have sufficed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan88 Find out more about Dan88
                                Working...
                                X