Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electric blowback. Yay or nay?

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    I had a go with a sopmod yesterday, and wasn't really that impressed. The recoil was nice, but it was a slow firer, the guy kept running out of ammo due to the mags.

I actually gave him back his sopmod half way through a firefight while we were pinned down, and picked up my Cyma.
    When you say a slow firer and running out of ammo. Do you like stupid rates of fire and high caps?

I personally prefer a realistic rate of fire and only use mids and lows.

The sSOPMOD has amazing accuracy, a great rate of fire, the battery change is the best available, the bolt release is yet another aspect I love and the recoil adds a sense of realism and fun I have not experienced with ANY other AEG.

Also, it does not sound like a sowing machine.

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
      I had a go with a sopmod yesterday, and wasn't really that impressed. The recoil was nice, but it was a slow firer, the guy kept running out of ammo due to the mags.

I actually gave him back his sopmod half way through a firefight while we were pinned down, and picked up my Cyma.
      Isnt this just a lack of skill and along the same lines as the above post?
      Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Originally posted by palmer234
      I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

Lol. I don't like a crazy rof, but I do like a good 9.6v full steam pace.

Yes, it probably was my lack of skill, but either way I got better results for my own gaming from my own gun, that's what matters to me!

To be honest I've gone off the whole realism aspect of it. No matter how hard I try and immerse myself in it, it doesn't really work. So now I just play it likes it's Airsoft and enjoy it and play it a lot better!

Comment

Originally posted by GLORYBOY21 View Post
          Isnt this just a lack of skill and along the same lines as the above post?
          and this is why people think the members on this forum are elitist! :D
          Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

For advocating using stock guns and getting stuck in; rather than modifying guns for extremely high rate of fire and going mental with hi-caps?

Uh-huh. *shakes head*
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Waste of power, and one more thing to go wrong. Pointless.
              Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
              you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
              eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
                Waste of power, and one more thing to go wrong. Pointless.
                Much like the whole principle of an airsoft gun that looks like a real gun, it's all pointless if you want to go down that route.

Comment

No, not really. The EBB is pointless as you can enjoy your day just as much without it as with, I doubt you'd enjoy your day of 'softing so much without a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
                    No, not really. The EBB is pointless as you can enjoy your day just as much without it as with, I doubt you'd enjoy your day of 'softing so much without a gun.
                    Right, but the BEST design for a airsoft gun would probably look NOTHING like an M4. All the constraints placed on airsoft guns, apart from law, are based around the fact that the mechanical parts have to be fit within something that is a predefined shape, for no other reason than the fact that we want it to look "real".

Would you have as good a day with a gun that looked nothing like a real firearm, but was better at shooting 6mm BBs, worked for days on end with the same battery and never broke? Very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
                      and this is why people think the members on this forum are elitist! :D
                      I don't think the forums are elitist as such, just different groups want different things from their game play and hence their guns.
                      I do think it's pretty cool to have the EBB feature and though it may require a bit more oomph (bigger voltage/capacity battery?) I think the way the TM recoils and the G&G engine have been done is very good and have proven to be very reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                        Would you have as good a day with a gun that looked nothing like a real firearm, but was better at shooting 6mm BBs, worked for days on end with the same battery and never broke? Very unlikely.
                        Yeah, I reckon I could. Though I will concede I'd rather not! Anyhoo, PERSONALLY I think the EBB function is pointless, and that ain't likely to change.

Comment

How can EBB be pointless when one of the fundamental ideas of airsoft is realism?
                          It's good. GBBRs are much better, but EBB is a good compromise because GBBRs aren't as reliable, need more maintenance and the mags are a pain.
                          The downside of EBB for me is that there aren't enough models out, and it doesn't blow back as much as GBB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
                            The downside of EBB for me is that there aren't enough models out, and it doesn't blow back as much as GBB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Give the manfacturers time this is new technology it needs time to progress
                            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
                              You can't even begin to compare the two as they are completely different - just use similar names! Blowback and recoil are two separate things

Comment

I've got a TM G36k recoil shock, and someone at my local site has the new Ares G36 ebb. Needless to say, he spent more money than I did for a less fun gun and the look on his face said it all.
                                Go big or go home!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                                Working...
                                X