Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sniping

lets get a decent sniping thread going.

only recently got into airsoft sniping but ive been a hunter for 5 years or so now.

who on here does airsoft sniping?

do you use a ghillie? if so what format does it take - one piece - two piece?

whats your set up like?

mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: sniping

*Sticks hand up*

Yeah will be very soon

my ghillie set up at the moment is

DPMS
    British army issue sniper smock - awesome piece of kit
    Webtex concealment vest cut down to required length

Comment

havent really seen the concealment vest in action - any good?
      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Depends, very useful though can attach your burlap through the mesh then use your straps for your vegetation.

i like it so far

Comment

I did have a concealment vest when I used to snipe, But I didnt like the whole sneaky ghillie approach and I sat at the back picking people off.
          I have since stopped and went back to an AEG roll but I need a sniper rifle again, Cant decide beetween the Maruzen L96 or the TM VSR G-Spec though lol.

Comment

Depends what your game site is like bert, I have found that ground zero for me wouldn't be ideal to lug around a l96 in my opinion so a gpsec or vsr is for me.

Tylers maruzen l96 is mad, puts dents in trees haha.

Comment

I'm fair sure I've had my VSR running at a higher FPS than Tylers L96. And more accurately. Hell, right now I'd rather one of my gas snipers than that thing. Power isn't everything. If you want to learn good field craft, try running around with a 350fps bolty for a while. That'll soon teach you it's not about having a powerful gun. Power and accuracy help for sure. Then again, MED's piss me off.

As for you Mac. I thought you had a ghillie going at GZ a while ago. The concealment vest can be very good. Pile up the natural veg, cram it in, and away you go. The basic premise is the same as hiding under a pile of bracken. Only you can prepare it yourself, and it goes with you. You'll find the foliage stays in place better if you grab a handfull of veg, so you have to stretch the elastic to get it in, and use 2 loops to hold it. Useing this method, you'll need around 4 bunches of veg for your back and shoulders, one for each arm, and a few small bunches for your head. There's plenty of choices for where to attach it, but don't feel you have to use all the loops. Foliage like to fall out if it isn't properly crammed in.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

What do you guys wear kit wise, I am currently wearing a DDPM bust hat, DPM SAS smock, DDPM trousers and desert boots.
                I am also finding it very practical to stash all my mags and small bits in my smock rather than using any type of webbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                  I did have a concealment vest when I used to snipe, But I didnt like the whole sneaky ghillie approach and I sat at the back picking people off.
                  I have since stopped and went back to an AEG roll but I need a sniper rifle again, Cant decide beetween the Maruzen L96 or the TM VSR G-Spec though lol.
                  g-spec for the win
                  ive got a vsr10 myself - all stock just now.

put a load of sniper tape on it the other night. - very green just now!

can we get pics up chaps?

dope - yeah - ive got a ghillie - made it to go hunting with years ago! - that would have been when i had my old m14. - its changed a wee bit since then as i added some elastic loops. learnt a thing or two since then as well.

mac
                  Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I really like the G-Spec as when its stock its very nearly silent, but I dont like the bolt handle on it and I much prefer the bolt handle on the standard VSR 10.
                    I suppose I could get a G-Spec then buy a BAR 10 cylinder with the standard bolt handle off a certain scottish site and change it over.

Comment

ive been thinking about changing my bolt handle over to the left hand side - but i dont think i can be arsed.

im liking the vsr as it is just now - power wise i mean. need to get some decent ammo though.

mac
                      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Webtex concealment vest for ya.

Comment

Where ?, But seriousley they are very usefull, I didnt get round to sewing a layer of burlap on mine but for ambush games they are very fun to hide in and just shoot people with a silent rifle.
                          Last edited by Bert; 25 June, 2009, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
                            I'm fair sure I've had my VSR running at a higher FPS than Tylers L96. And more accurately. Hell, right now I'd rather one of my gas snipers than that thing. Power isn't everything. If you want to learn good field craft, try running around with a 350fps bolty for a while. That'll soon teach you it's not about having a powerful gun. Power and accuracy help for sure. Then again, MED's piss me off.

As for you Mac. I thought you had a ghillie going at GZ a while ago. The concealment vest can be very good. Pile up the natural veg, cram it in, and away you go. The basic premise is the same as hiding under a pile of bracken. Only you can prepare it yourself, and it goes with you. You'll find the foliage stays in place better if you grab a handfull of veg, so you have to stretch the elastic to get it in, and use 2 loops to hold it. Useing this method, you'll need around 4 bunches of veg for your back and shoulders, one for each arm, and a few small bunches for your head. There's plenty of choices for where to attach it, but don't feel you have to use all the loops. Foliage like to fall out if it isn't properly crammed in.

got to agree with dope 100%.
                            power isnt everything, learn field carft and it will mae you a 100% better sniper,or an actual sniper not just someone that pics people of at range.

the concealment vest is by far the best bit of kit you can buy in my oppinion.
                            ive had 4 ghillies now, my first i bought ,the second i made on dpms,then ive had my webtex(3), which ive striped and rebuilt into a new ghillie last yaer, to make my fourth.

it is by far the best due to the light weight,ease of getting on and off and it lets alot of heat out(my first and second were killers in the summer,i nearly went down with heat stroke a few times in them)
                            you can also get away with using it with out any hessian attached, if you dont want to kae a full ghillie up and it will wor nearly aswell.

kit wise try and carry as little as possible, the less you carry the less noise you make.
                            personaly i carry/use

concealment vest and ghillie trousers
                            gaycam(multi) top or flecktarntop,(green t-shirt in summer)
                            holster
                            cammel bag

my rifle+2 mags, one spare one in the gun
                            pistol + plus a mag and spare if i have one(lost a mag recently)
                            if its a long game some spare ammo in small bags that can be folded or sqashed so they dont rattle, if not speed loaders.
                            thats it.

my guns

and a few of me in my ghillie

user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Oh, and btw, it takes a long time to prepare.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                              Working...
                              X