sniping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniping

It's a concealment vest with burlap on...

Comment

or they have woven the burlap into a scrim?

Comment

I think its a arktis 1607 with extra scrim, if you look theres extra scrim around them

Comment

there artkis vests,exactly like the webtex.
          there now issued to snipers in the british army
          user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Along with what looks like the jack pyke ghillie suit.

Seen a sniper wearing one on a Army demonstration day.

Comment

Yea the guy in background is wearing a vest for sure i can see where he has cut it for length

Comment

Just found this guys

http://www.plantsenhance.com/artific...-c-22_118.html

Perfect. No more rotting foileage, stuff can be added on a more permanent basis:D

Comment

Thats quite a good idea, artificial vege

but your only meant to add the vege around you then take it out and mod as you go ideally anyway

Comment

artificial veg is a good idea in theory - but could be quite noticable as it wouldnt belong with the generic veg of the site.

mac
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Just gonna get into sniping, getting my first sniper rifle soon (TM VSR), so im going to give that a go in August, see how well i do.

I like the idea of a ghillie suit, but ill probs just buy a ready made one.
                      TM VSR-10 GSPEC
                      Originally posted by aeviv
                      I once saw a guy LITERALLY club a tree with his G36C, not a mark on it

Comment

weak. - the ready made ones are crap imo.

if you do buy one -at least customise it a little bit.

mac
                        edit - i would personally keep your vsr stock for a while too - mine is stock at the mo and i have no plans to alter it.
                        it means you will rely on your bushcraft rather than power which in the long run makes you better.

mac
                        Originally posted by Coz
                        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Ready made ghillie suit?

pfft you call your self a sniper do it properly and make your own

Originally posted by Tr4shed View Post
                          Just gonna get into sniping, getting my first sniper rifle soon (TM VSR), so im going to give that a go in August, see how well i do.

I like the idea of a ghillie suit, but ill probs just buy a ready made one.

Comment

Elitist bunch aren't we. Nothing wrong with a ready made suit. They can be customized and made to be just as effective as a hand made hessian one. Some people are allergic to hessian too. So synthetics are their only option.
                            I wouldn't go for a bushrag suit though. Jack Pyke is great, but normally unaffordable. Webtex concealment jacket is a good cheap option. Just cram it full of local veg. Job done.
                            sigpic
                            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Webtex concealment vest is a real ghillie suit, the army, marines, paras are all issued them

Comment

You're contradicting yourself. It's ready made, you buy it from a shop, and use it in that condition. But it's also not a ready made suit, because it's issued. I know you add foliage to it, but if you don't add foliage to a hessian ghillie suit, you're still missing out.

Maby he meant he'd get a webtex vest.
                                I still hold to the fact that ready made suits can be as good as home made ones. They can usually be improved with modification, but it's a good base, and much quicker.
                                sigpic
                                Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                                I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X