sniping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniping

"Sniper smocks who owns one and who has contemplated getting one" - I bought one and it never turned up - I PM the ebay seller all the time (I HATE HIM, lol)...

I think Ghillie Ponchos are the way forward in my opinion...
    Trader Feedback:
    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Do you really need a gillie ?
      To the man who would be king, I will say only one thing

Comment

No, not at all... If you are good enough, you can blend in without one, but it does make things A LOT easier as far as blending in goes.

I only use a ghillie blanket, and that's not all the time...
        Trader Feedback:
        New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
        Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

I love my sniper smock but its bloody heavy and will be a struggle to wear in the summer. but will keep me nice and snugly in the winter which will be nice.

Edit:

No ghillys aren't all ways needed, as demonstrated at jersey camp residential we had to cam and conceal our self using cam cream and our smocks, i was not found for over 3 hours and had a search team out for me.

Comment

I don't have one. Field craft can take many forms. GZ has a lot of tunnels. Ghillie suits snag on wood. So I just go plain clothed, and keep in the dark areas. For those of you who don't believe it's possible to effectively snipe without a ghillie, I'll tell you a story :P.

Not so long ago at GZ, I went on a little sniper op. Worked my way towards the enemy base, useing the tunnel systems, and keeping the nosie level down and staying out of sight. Got there fairly fast. Stayed out of the way for a good long while, over an hour I think. Waited for the best moment, to make my way into a possition where I had eyes on the enemy. Finally got there. Stayed low, kept quiet, and took out 3 of them. First one was a regular, he was baffled by being shot at. A very well taken hit, I thanked him for it afterwards. Second guy was a couple of minutes later. I wasn't planning to stay anymore than 5 min, so the guy didn't have a chance to respawn and come find me. So the second and third shots where within 1 min of each other. But keeping quiet, and not shooting when people were looking in my direction. After taking them out, I quietly made my way out of the place, back to my little hidey hole where I'd been for an hour or so earlier. Then through the tunnel system back to base. I was wearing some OD trousers from primark, a black t shirt, and a black shirt on top of it. Glock was in my belt on a clipdraw, 1 spare rifle mag and pistol mag in my pockets. 350fps gas sniper rifle. I managed to make it in and out unseen, and take down 3 targets. The best bit, is when I saw the first guy in the carpark later, he told me they'd spent around 45 min looking for me after I'd left.

All that said, there's situations where I'd kill for a good ghillie suit.
            While we're on the subject. Can we please refer to them as ghillie suits. A ghillie is a Scotish game keeper.
            sigpic
            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Little history lesson on the word ghillie

http://ezinearticles.com/?Ghillie-Su...ory&id=2461375

Ghillie suits are a snipers icon, also adds a personal touch to the whole experience doing it your self, i love it

Comment

one of my 4 ghillie suits

Comment

heres my tool. isnt finished, but for the colours at cerberus earth centre its appropriate.

Comment

sweet.
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

nice ian looks like duracoat almost

For me as a sniper id feel complete if i had the china barrett m99

Comment

I'm expecting a "Navy seal sniper look" in the gear's & loadouts any minute now... :p

Comment

By who? me? lol naahh i aint even got my hessian sacks yet

if you are talking to me and about the whole ghillie assault rifle thing that wont be my loadout lol my assault rifle is my back up however

Comment

im not ex military at all.
                            ive just played as a sniper for around 8 years now.
                            its all about practice, and even now i havnt learnt as much as i could, its all on going learning.
                            user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

I want to revive this thread and carry it on

any idea what they have done for their ghillie, some sort of netting, concealment vest? or just netting over a jacket and loops.

thing is if you look at the guy nearest it looks like he has a hood on

Comment

looks like the sweedish sniper body veil underneath the scrim....dam good pic as well mate
                                Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X