Sportsmanship: Is it lacking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sportsmanship: Is it lacking?

seems like all the good honest players are members of this forum.

I hate cheaters,
    I hate elitists
    I hate players that talk when dead
    i hate aggresive players
    i hate players who dont do this
    i hate players that dont do that
    yada yada yada

Like anybody here can claim they have not been that player at some point
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I for one blame video games eg call of duty and medal of honour.

I know im going to get shouted at for this but...

Well as this sport/hobby has got more and more popular there will be a wider audience like little teens/kids which most are nice and great ,BUT for the first few games most do think its just like the video game which got them into this hobby .

Like at a game about a week ago there was a group of about 5 of us then suddenly a kid jumps out and unloads a mag while firing from the hip and after killing us said "get owned".
      Also seeing people f-ing and blinding because they dont understand that airsoft guns really have no range at all.

Sorry to group young people together but in most cases it has been young people or people who take it way way way to seriously.

At the end of the day its a game and we all paid the same to be there and play , so why cant we all act like adult its not that hard is it?

EDIT: also thanks for reminding dead player when I get hit there is always one person who asks were are they I just ignore them adn everyone else until i respawn and everyone else should do the same keeps the game fair.

Comment

Your average airsoft player
        Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
        Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Last time someone congratulated me on my shot, he gave away my hiding place, and I got rinsed by an entire team.

leave it for the safezone, just dont yell at each other.

Comment

ok lets not blame cod for this rise in unsportmanlike behaviour,
            we had medal of honour years before.

i love seeing kids at gamedays, i love their enthusiasm.
            hell i saw a group of 3 14 year old that stuck to me an my mate the whole day, they thought we were the A Team cos we looked like a team and and had spiffy looking guns. what i liked about these kids was that one had a springer, the other 2 had those cheap 40 quid aegs with the plastic gearboxes that do 100fps. still they had a great day. fair enough they got me and my fried killed because they de3cided to stay at the top of the windmill with us. when my friend left only me with them up there somebody threw a flash bang and i tried to kick it down but the kids panicked and stumbled around and stopped me kicking it away.
            oh well
            such is life/
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              seems like all the good honest players are members of this forum.
              Funny how that always happens isn't it

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
              I for one blame video games eg call of duty and medal of honour.
              Hahahaha
              - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
              - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                ok lets not blame cod for this rise in unsportmanlike behaviour,
                we had medal of honour years before.

i love seeing kids at gamedays, i love their enthusiasm.
                hell i saw a group of 3 14 year old that stuck to me an my mate the whole day, they thought we were the A Team cos we looked like a team and and had spiffy looking guns. what i liked about these kids was that one had a springer, the other 2 had those cheap 40 quid aegs with the plastic gearboxes that do 100fps. still they had a great day. fair enough they got me and my fried killed because they de3cided to stay at the top of the windmill with us. when my friend left only me with them up there somebody threw a flash bang and i tried to kick it down but the kids panicked and stumbled around and stopped me kicking it away.
                oh well
                such is life/
                And that will make them more likely to join us in this epic sport!
                If you get kids tagging along get them involved as they generally dont know many people there if they arent regulars
                Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                  And that will make them more likely to join us in this epic sport!
                  If you get kids tagging along get them involved as they generally dont know many people there if they arent regulars
                  Agreed, I often get new young'uns tagging along near me and as often as they get me hosed down, they're almost always really enthusiastic and willing to put some covering fire while you advance and vice versa. Basic teamwork works in everyone's favour and makes it a more enjoyable day all round

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                    Last time someone congratulated me on my shot, he gave away my hiding place, and I got rinsed by an entire team.

leave it for the safezone, just dont yell at each other.
                    Haha i dont go over to them, i just shout out loud 'Good shot'.

Beef, i know what your saying, and everybody is a little guilty of sometimes not taking a hit or ignoring them. I will admit, in the past, ive raised my voice at other people, and shouted 'Take your ******* hit!!!!'

We all get wound up, but these days i dont let it get the better of me. If i have a bad game, i just dont play for a while, or go to a different site.

Ive seen the younger members play. Some of them dont quite understand the sportmanship required. After a couple of games they get used to it though and everything works out in the end. And my god when they learn the basics, ive seen some proper ninjas.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
                      Like at a game about a week ago there was a group of about 5 of us then suddenly a kid jumps out and unloads a mag while firing from the hip and after killing us said "get owned".
                      I don't know about anyone else, but that just made me laugh. I've re-read it 4 times now, and it still does.

Meh, I don't entirely blame the kids, but I'd be quite happy to see Airsoft be a 16+ sport.
                      Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                        Meh, I don't entirely blame the kids, but I'd be quite happy to see Airsoft be a 16+ sport.
                        That's partially what the VCRA should have done

Comment

simple way to deal with god-complex players is just make a simple rule beforehand that if someone is like that during the game and a few people agree, then that person becomes target of both teams til they get rinsed :D though doubt that'd happen in practice
                          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                            I play at alot of 18 and under games which are full of kids who dont want to play with adults which then makes for some very bad games sometimes ,I much prefer playing with adults and in smaller number.

Dont get me wrong so kids are amazing airsofters and take their hits just like everyone else but it just takes one person to trigger more cheaters to ruin the day.

Comment

At my local woodland site, there seem to be about a million little under 13yrs. They run around like blue-arsed flies, don't take hits, scream across the field at you for not taking yours, even though thier shots are landing 6ft in front of you. On my latest game there, I got one kid, he was supposed to walk the 150m-ish back to the regen. He took 20 paces back and tried again. I laughed, then called a marshal over and got him sorted out.

Bless 'em, they're so hyped up on sugar and adrenaline that they don't feel their hits, let alone grasp the concepts of teamwork and objectives.
                              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

I was playing the other day, a guy was with his kid, I swear he was like 12... Anyway, his dad gets hit and goes off to the dead zone, and this kid sticks to me for some reason, so I felt bad leaving him, so just let him stick to me for a while, as he obviously didn't have a clue what he was doing (despite having a brand new G&P CQB M4 etc). I ended up having to reload his weapon for him, while under fire etc, and dealing with him constantly giving away position. But kids have to learn some way, ya know, so I didn't mind all too much. I was a little concerned about the fact that walking back to the dead zone with me, he told me that his dad had been in the Army, in REME, and had "killed loads of people" in Bosnia... Hell of a thing to tell your son.
                                WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
                                After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hoggy21 Find out more about hoggy21
                                Working...
                                X