Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sportsmanship: Is it lacking?

Originally posted by wintergraves View Post
    walking back to the dead zone with me, he told me that his dad had been in the Army, in REME, and had "killed loads of people" in Bosnia... Hell of a thing to tell your son.
    And yet he couldn't teach him how to reload his gun?
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

had been in the Army, in REME, and had "killed loads of people" in Bosnia... Hell of a thing to tell your son.
      Something in that doesnt quite add up. The bit about REME, and killing people. In Bosnia. Maybe saw loads of dead people in Bosnia, but i dont think killed. I was there in 2006, and the daily sitreps were a bit disturbing even then though. Who knows, weirder things have happened.

Kids these days dont quite grasp the rules to begin with. Kids going for headshots and stuff then getting frustrated when they cant get a hit because its not COD just crack me up. They either learn to play the game or get bored after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
        Something in that doesnt quite add up. The bit about REME, and killing people. In Bosnia.
        Funny, I was going to mention that... I was also going to mention something to him, but thought having him then say that to his dad, and then having his dad talking to me would not be worth the hassle.

REME were in Bosnia with NATO, but killing people? I don't think so!
        WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
        After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
          And yet he couldn't teach him how to reload his gun?
          Or how to even remove the magazine from the gun...
          After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Or how to even remove the magazine from the gun...
            i have already taught my 5 and 6 year old girls how to do that. the 10 year old boy knows how to do a lot more
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              i have already taught my 5 and 6 year old girls how to do that. the 10 year old boy knows how to do a lot more
              Can he take apart a V2 gearbox blindfolded?

Comment

Can he take apart a V2 gearbox blindfolded?
                Like a Groznyj Grad child soldier, mate :D
                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

personally. i dont feel like sportmanship is declining. yes occasionally you get somebody who take it all too seriously. but at the sites myself and my team go to. Anzio/Asylumn and a few others, courtesy has been rather common. people are more than willing to help with problems with guns, show off their kit is asked and just generally polite and nice. I mean myself and my team are always polite and chatty. lending tools out to help with repairs, showing kit off when asked about it, and just generally causing friendly mayhem when out playing. :D

And i started the thread on the bang rule, for 2 reasons.

1. i wanted people opinions on it.

2. i believe the Surrender rule to be fairer and not as probmatic as the bang rule - you dont get people running into a building yelling bang and claiming they killed you. Surrender rule you must be able to see them, and its up to your opponent to take the surrender or go for the gun, thus giving them the same option as bang. (ok i'll go back to the dead zone) or go for the gun (im quicker than this old bugger). Only 2 outcomes. you either win, or you lose. no arguments, no disagreements. if you have someone at surrender and they go for their gun and your misfires. oh well. bad things happen. whats to say that wouldnt happen in real life.
                  sigpic
                  BlackWing Mercenaries
                  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

^ quite

I said a good word about Anzio in this thread (in comparison to other places I've been which have surprised me)!

Comment

WEll as a said in the bang rule thread. when a chap with some poxy AK run into a room yelling BANG BANG BANG BANG to you and your 4 mates and claims he killed you all. will just lead to a heated debate. This could then lead to an Argument. which is never good seen as both sides are armed to the teeth.
                      sigpic
                      BlackWing Mercenaries
                      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

I play with a group of about 20 people, all of whom I have come to know in some capacity or another, so we get along. We congratulate each other on good shots, we have a quiet word later if we think someone didn't take their hit, usually by mistake, and we laugh and treat it as a game. My friends let me jump around and make silly movies, we try our best not to hurt each other too much - we even lend our guns to each other. Hong Kong can be airsoft heaven :p

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

I don't think you can blame call of duty for unsportsman like behavior. I'm not a 100% sure that playing a computer game makes you a c*ck, it's just something that people like to blame things on.

Anything that brings more money to the sport (Thus meaning that sites get more money to spend on facilities, shops get better buying power etc) is surely a good thing, it's a business at the end of the day.

I saw two kids at Skirmish the other week quoting call of duty shouting "Tango down", "Changing Mag!" and "Reloading" they were having a great time and didn't cause any harm, just let them get on with it, not everyone is ex SAS and amazing at playing airsoft, it's about people having fun.

All the elitist cr@p that goes around just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul 8v View Post
                            I don't think you can blame call of duty for unsportsman like behavior. I'm not a 100% sure that playing a computer game makes you a c*ck, it's just something that people like to blame things on.All the elitist cr@p that goes around just sucks.
                            No, but there's plenty of times that I've heard people (not just young ones) talking about computer games, how good they are at shooting and the way people aren't taking their hits all in the same sentence.

These games may not be responsible for the behaviour (we're all responsible for our own behaviour, after all), but when you know that on the game you hit your target every time, it's harder to accept the laws of physics work differently in the real world than they do in gaming.
                            sigpic

Comment

We should give them a quasar/laser quest pack for force feedback so they know when they're getting a hit.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Originally posted by HunterAndy View Post
                                We should give them a quasar/laser quest pack for force feedback so they know when they're getting a hit.
                                They know they're getting hit when you see them flinch before ducking into cover already.

Now, if that system disabled their gun, that would be a different matter!
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hoggy21 Find out more about hoggy21
                                Working...
                                X