Collapse

High capacity mags, justify your hatred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: High capacity mags, justify your hatred !!

Let me say this first. I use high-caps for my m4. And in total I have ten of them. I use a mix of full auto and semi. I prefer to play on semi but sometimes people being idiots require being hit more than once. Hence full atuo. Now you may say 'but you can get 120rnds into a mid cap and thats more than enough to go full auto with'. Yeah you're right but 10x300=3000 where as 10x120=1200. Thats the reason I use high-caps for my m4, its just my personal preference. Btw I have 4 high-caps and 7 low-caps for my mp5 (cqb gun).

There's some games I only use 1 or 2 mags and there are some where i'd pop out 5 or 6. It all just depends on who you are playing against and their willingness to be fair and not cheat.
    Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

At the minute I use High Caps, because my Socom Mags arent working reliably at the moment, and Im struggling to get them to work as they should!

So heres how I do it:

Young Guns day, General (dont give a shit days) = 5 High Caps
      Days playing as part of a proper team, or days when I care how I play = 7 Socom Midcaps
      CQB = 7 Socom Midcaps
      Light loadouts (running this thursday with just a couple of belt pouches, no rig or chest rig etc) 3 High Caps

Comment

I don't hate high caps, but I prefer midcaps (about 100rd should do). I like to have enough ammo out with me but I also want to reload every now and again as it adds and edge to the game and reloading actually makes you feel like your using an actual gun not a BB hose. Winding is annoying, especially during a firefight and the noise can be a dead giveaway when sneaking. I'v never hated on anyone for using high caps. Its personal preference after all and a lot of people are stuck with high caps as they can't get anything else. What I DO hate is drum mags. Everyone I have encountered so far using a drum mag was a sprayer.
        For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
        Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
          Really? I used mid caps when i started out, the small vn types that heald 80bbs per mag, sure it was fun bit you soon tire of having to constantly change mags and reload. Plus 5 midcaps to 1 hicap does not really amount to much fun.

so now its all about the hi caps.

If they eliminated the rattle in hicaps most people would use them.

Also what purpose of teh game does it actually defeat, we are playing airsoft not milsim. besides which M4 mag do you know that holds the same equvalent of a mid cap (120) in real life? None i think
          I use G&P mid caps so 130 rounds, but I actually love re-loading. It adds something to the playing dynamic. When I was borrowing someone's TM-SOPMOD with 30 round mags for me it was bliss. Even having to slap the bolt release to continue firing adding a new way of playing for me. It just makes the game more challenging and means that you actually have to aim and suppress more tactically, instead of firing at everything that moves, which a lot of the hi-cap players I've played against seem to do.

I personally don't play airsoft just to spray and pray, it ruins it for me doing that.

Comment

Plie of shit

pretty much sums it up

Comment

Not used either of my M4 hi-caps since I discovered mid-caps. Now own ten M4 mid-cap mags and six L1A1 mid-cap mags. Don't think i'd ever go back. I don't miss the winding and I don't miss the rattling.

| Cold War FilmSim player | Airsoft combat photographer |

Comment

[QUOTE=blytm;878045]
                Originally posted by tristan View Post

Wow really?? i was generalising but obviously you take this a little to serious much like emailing me the following

"I would also like to inform you without future enbaressment on the forums that it take a a little more skill using mid/low cap rather then a full 450rd mag. and the same with tactics as you must make ever shot. Count as well as providing cover to allow team mates to move.
                Just thought I would let you know"

Can I draw your attention to the the word 'enbaressment' and refer you to you peacocking your degrees, I may not be the best speller but I'm not the one claiming my intelligence to be greater.

Now I never meant to insult you as airsoft isnt real (shocking i know) now you may think that your some hot shot player using Mid caps but your no better than anyone else at this sport. Airsoft is about fun and people like you who have a Barrett outer barrel up your arse take all the living fun out of it.

Ok? Lovely.

I use Hi-Caps I have 4 of them, love them. I dont have a matching kit or specfic loadout but funny enough I still enjoy myself and have FUN!!!!
                Hehe nicely put good sir, just to give the pot a good stir i would like to recommend flanking that guy and delivering a good burst with a high cap if you ever encounter him onsite , It will prove to be a most enjoyable experience sniggering in the bushes while he's screaming out, threatening to kick your head in

Sometimes its all about the right kit for the right job!

peace out

Bsc (Hons) eztiger

Comment

[QUOTE=eztiger;879284]
                  Originally posted by blytm View Post

Hehe nicely put good sir, just to give the pot a good stir i would like to recommend flanking that guy and delivering a good burst with a high cap if you ever encounter him onsite , It will prove to be a most enjoyable experience sniggering in the bushes while he's screaming out, threatening to kick your head in

Sometimes its all about the right kit for the right job!

peace out

Bsc (Hons) eztiger
                  Hehe i like your thinking but rather shoot him with a hi-cap i should just throw it at him along with a torch on the hope he will lighten up lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=blytm;879293]
                    Originally posted by eztiger View Post

Hehe i like your thinking but rather shoot him with a hi-cap i should just throw it at him along with a torch on the hope he will lighten up lol.
                    just speaking from experience, suppose the torch would work just as well :D

Comment

[QUOTE=eztiger;879296]
                      Originally posted by blytm View Post

just speaking from experience, suppose the torch would work just as well :D
                      In all seriousness lighting anyone up like that isnt fair not matter how much they need teaching a lesson whether its a Hi-cap, mid cap its doesnt matter we're suspose to have fun end of.

Comment

[QUOTE=blytm;879299]
                        Originally posted by eztiger View Post

In all seriousness lighting anyone up like that isnt fair not matter how much they need teaching a lesson whether its a Hi-cap, mid cap its doesnt matter we're suspose to have fun end of.
                        Yes I agree, I only reserve such antics for the rare occasions where the need to encourage good sportsmanship is required, especially if its negativley affecting my (and team mates) fun.

Comment

Well I have 8 m4 hi caps and 4 g36 hi caps but I rarely spray and I like knowing I have a lot of rounds with me as I used rental guns twice with just one mag and it drove me made how much I had to reload

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
                            I don't use magazines. I put the bbs in my M4 one at a time.

High capacity magazines are for shaking at football games.
                            I'm Chuck Norris and I just run around shouting "BANG you're dead"....more like Norris from Corrie tbh LOL

I started off with 2 Hi Caps for my M4 which I still have but have recently been buying up secondhand 100-120 Mids as they are cheap enough if you keep your Eyes open ;-)

Comment

I don't hate hicaps. I roll two Lonex hicaps taped together and carry a bag of BBs and I am hugely comfortable in my masculinity.
                              Last edited by Ginger Chris; 2 November, 2011, 23:48.

Comment

One Highcap for M4
                                One mag for my Luger
                                8 30x10 Shells for my SAS 12

Can you see where I put stock in my ammo count? :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                                Working...
                                X