Collapse

High capacity mags, justify your hatred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: High capacity mags, justify your hatred !!

Problem I've found is that getting hold of midcaps is a nightmare, even more so if you don't own an M4 !!

Comment

• Re: High capacity mags, justify your hatred !!

Originally posted by Subfan View Post
      Problem I've found is that getting hold of midcaps is a nightmare, even more so if you don't own an M4 !!
      Exactly. I prefer mid caps, but I often get high caps because its all that is available. And your right, it is even worse if your not an M4 user. It was a nightmare tyring to find mags for SIG 551s.
      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
      Check out my other sales!

Comment

• Re: High capacity mags, justify your hatred

There's something about having to repeatedly finger your magazine that bothers me, and the noise they make. I play CQB a lot of time, having any sort of high cap magazines on you make a huge amount of noise when you are flanking in the dark, I've also been sprayed at by some guy from a corner when I carelessly entered a room which I thought was clear, his magazine hasn't been winded since empty, so that was pretty funny.

I own mainly midcaps and real cap, however, I do have a few high caps, they are all autowinding or cord pull flash mags, and those are for the days when I'm not playing milsim or CQB, games where players hold down the trigger for ages, games where players shoulder the guns as if their shoulder was next to their ear..

Comment

I ran a few hi caps for about 6 months when I first started airsofting. As my experience has grown I've switched to mids.

I think hi-caps serve a purpose, especially for those who are new to the sport. People who turn their noses up at them I think need to get a little perspective.

Can you imagine a first timer with a rental, given 6 mid caps and a speed loader?

Comment

Originally posted by clay_9 View Post
            Can you imagine a first timer with a rental, given 6 mid caps and a speed loader?
            There are CQB sites I've been to in Hong Kong where rental comes with mid caps (magpul m4 mags clone... pretty fancy if you ask me), they load all the mags in the safe zone together (first time I've seen a battery powered speed loader in person), however, I do agree that's extremely rare. Midcaps are much better even for a first timer, it's pretty straight forward, you pull the old mag out and put a new one in, you know the magazine is fresh and you're good to go for another 100 rounds or so. High caps however, for a first timer, they simply have no idea how much they will have to wind, and how much they will be able to shoot after the random amount of winding they have done. Hence how I've been shot at by empty guns often by people with rentals.

Comment

As I use a PTW my only option is to use mid caps... I can change the Vaneras mags but I leave em set at 120.

I don't like what most people don't like about high caps but I do like the fact that you don't have to carry as many mags.. and the fact that they are quicker to reload. Only reason I would use a high cap if I had a gun that supported them would be to reduce the amount of mags that I carry as I currently carry up to 13 mags... at £30 a piece... never mind the original PTW mags which cost me £40 a piece so to sum up a high cap, it's cheap, light and less changing involved.... But yes I do HATE the noise they make and the way they kill your fingers whilst winding them constantly in the field.
              Old feedback :D http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7655

Current Armoury: Systema PTW M4A1 2008 MAX2 Modded by Tac, KSC Glock 17

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
              Working...
              X