Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two tones?!?!!

Originally posted by pureairsoft11 View Post
    who will i get in trouble from if i painted my gun i use it on private land and have 2 air rifles ?
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

who will i get in trouble from if i painted my gun i use it on private land and have 2 air rifles ?
      airifles have nothing to do with Airsoft guns.. strange i know but i forgot to take my UKARA to Airsoft shop and wasn't allowed to get my new CA CQB with either my Firearms or Shotgun licnese.

as for Private land. no idea, i guess so? but what are you going to do with it as you wouldn't able to take it off the land?? unless u have under 18 member ship ? which i think means u can spray your guns?? not 100% though :S

Comment

I can officially say this is now a "I KNOW MORE ABOUT LAWS SURROUNDING AIRSOFT THAN YOU" thread...

Comment

Lets put it this way, would you buy a car thats been resprayed bright green and then sprayed back to black?

Its simply not the same, nothing to do with negative "noob" stigma or anything, at least for me anyway, its just the poor quality finish

Comment

Probably your mother. She wouldn't want a 9 year old out on his own in the middle of nowhere, would she?

Oooooontopic. I have no problem with people using two tones or under 18's engaging in airsoft. I just wouldn't want to own an ex-two tone or a two tone gun.

Comment

I would buy a 2 tone as i am one of the few older member who think the colours look spiffy, however i would not buy an ex 2 tone as they are badly sprayed, I know how to spray and know the difference between somebody saying its been professionally sprayed back to black, by who exactly? A tecky at best? or the owners mate/dad at worst thats not profesional now is it
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

surely the only reason two tone exists as a viable option is because of a loophole?

to buy a RIF you have to be over 18. to buy a two tone you have to be over 18 (dont give me any of that 'under 18 with a parent' tripe, its plainly obvious what the idea is and if it was me selling a 12 yr old vodka in my job because thier dad was standing beside them it still wouldn't be legal). or gifted to an under 18. I think that the term of 'gift' needs repeated, you CANNOT give ANYTHING of value in return for it, cleaning the car for a year would make it an illegal purchase, weeding the garden would make it a purchase, pretty much anything!

the only difference between being able to buy a RIF and a Two tone is fulfilling the skirmisher defence.

if we go down the 'its my dad's ... honest' route, then why didn't he buy a RIF? if he is a skirmisher he would do so, and if not he doesn't need an IF ... at the end of the say, its plainly obvious whenever an adult and a 16 yr old come into an airsoft shop, and theyre looking for an M4, but want it two toned that its for the child. I think its a bit dodgy to sell it in that circumstance.

now, to address the OP. people don't want to buy a resparyed to tone for the same reason they don't want to buy the M4 I have listed at the minute, its sprayed in a desert camo style (shameless plug) and because its not in the original standard you can't just whip out a couple genital enhancing magpul bits and have a nice clean looking rifle. Spraying something automatically decreses its value by up to 40% in my view, and whilst as a two tone it might have held its value (it could have been sold to other people in the same over 18, but under skirmisher situation you are obviously in yourself) it's been sprayed to look like a cheap knock off of a RIF.

best analogy I can think of it as such.

I buy a PC. it costs £1000.
                half way through the conversation with the guy at PC world, I learn the moonitor is in fact just a box with a laptop in it. It still runs word and internet explorer, but its not what I want and as soon as it starts to get wear and tear, I end up with somethign that looks silly and brings me ridicule.

EDIT - admittedly I'v been tempted on a couple of occaisions to do a proper two tone job, not with bright green though ...
                KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                mix'n'match M4
                Maruzen P99

Comment

Originally posted by stevensniper View Post
                  i'm raging so sorry if i seem offensive. ok, why the hell do people avoid two tone/ ex two tone like the plague!? so fucking annoying!!!!!!!!!
                  maybe because they could get the gun your selling as a rif cheaper brand new

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
                    On the fps " legal " thing I talked to my local shop about it and they said it's only happening in England and that the limits where pretty much the same as most sites anyway .
                    The VCRA, and the surrounding guidelines apply all over the UK.
                    Scotland's not independent yet, and airsoft may well be one of the first things that suffers if Salmond-the-Loon gets his way. And maybe even if he doesn't, "Devo-Max" proposals also include serious implications for airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
                      airifles have nothing to do with Airsoft guns.. strange i know but i forgot to take my UKARA to Airsoft shop and wasn't allowed to get my new CA CQB with either my Firearms or Shotgun licnese.

as for Private land. no idea, i guess so? but what are you going to do with it as you wouldn't able to take it off the land?? unless u have under 18 member ship ? which i think means u can spray your guns?? not 100% though :S
                      I thinkits along the lines of attempting to manufacture a rif when you are under 18. It doesn't matter where its used, its the act of doing it.

Comment

Re: Two tones?

cool thread.....hhhmmmm

2tones....................hhhmmmmmmmmhhmmmmm...... ..hhhhmmmmmmm..........hhhmmmmmmm................. ...........hhhmmmmmmmmmm..........hhhmmmmmmm...... .....................hhhmmmmmmmm.................. .................hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... .nah...not gonna say anything about the snotgreenloopholehobbydestroyingquickbuckmaking guns
                        sigpic
                        Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                        Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

I can completely understand someones reluctance to buy an ex two tone rifle. Most often, such rifles have been "gifted" to a younger user who will not give the rifle the care, and maintenance it deserves. But as for people trolling on two tones in general, it's just plain idiotic. I reckon a large proportion of you got into airsoft before you were 18. It's a good thing for a young person to get into a sport like airsoft and play it in a controlled environment, and in my oppinion there is no better way to spark that enthusiasm than for the persons to buying him/her a rifle for christmas or whatever. Young players are the reason why the sport still survives and thrives today.

Comment

dont have a problem with two tones because as an under 18 without a defense thats all you can own and you have to get started somewhere . why cant the sites sites do a newbie skirmish package with hire at a discount if you book 3 in a row for the over 18s .i know one site does a hire purchase scheme and brings the gun to site for you untill you get your ukara .and then you can bring it home .would give a lot more incentive to new players to wait a bit longer to own a rif

Comment

Alternativley the reason why its still going could well be because 30 and 40 odd year old people defended the right to keep the sport. We need younger people to sustain long term, but if anything certain scaremongering papers could used under 18s as a way to create a false perceived threat. Just about very one I know started in their 20's and 30's (with the odd 60's).

All though it sounds a bit naff, those 25+ with reasonable amount if disposable income who can buy systemas keep the money moving and help form credible businesses. What we need in this port is more ex-armed service, doctors, lawyers, police, ambulance drivers, and especialyl politicians which add credibility to a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by The only black airsofter View Post
                                . But as for people trolling on two tones in general, it's just plain idiotic. .
                                so having an opinion is idiotic?
                                sigpic
                                Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                                Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stevensniper I prefer to take my time and be accurate in airsoft, but sometimes you can't beat a good ol' rush ;) Find out more about stevensniper
                                Working...
                                X