New hop unit for CTW and PTW owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New hop unit for CTW and PTW owners

Between MDD and STTS i am gonna need to start offering hand jobs for bingo cash!

Too much cool stuff and not enough enough expendable income!

Comment

I have never had one move yet :-) , but there is always a possibility and the problem with a clicker system would be that it limits the very fine adjustment, as in the click position may not be in the perfect sweet spot for your gun ! Also because of the design, the hop itself cannot move the adjuster, so the only other way it can be moved is intentionally.

The end stop is an option but when STTS chose to produce it, the cost of adding an endstop outweighed the need for one, as once you are close to your hop setting, you never need that much movement to fine tune it, it also enbles you to have the dial setup how you want it, ie up for off or up for on .

On the hops I make I always mark the setting point (except for CKs :-) )for .3 bb so that it gives you a starting point, it also takes away the need for an end stop

Comment

I'm no gun tech guys, so possibly a silly question, but would this hop fit any other guns, or only TW's,?....i'm currently very much a TM recoil man.
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

It is specific for the CTW / PTW as part of it is for the magazine feed lips which are bespoke to the TW platforms.

Comment

Loki is correct about that.

More to the point, the TM recoil AEG's have one of the best hop units on the market, don't change it

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Okay came across a problem today, some how my o-ring has snapped that holds the adjuster dial on....
              sigpic

Comment

Give the retailer you purchased it a call, they will have spares. Or pop to your local hardware store, they will have o rings.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Thought there was only Zero one?

Comment

Zeroone do not deny there are other retailers, they merely do not have names, or locations.

Comment

well i got it new off someone on here that ordered it for a mate, then didnt need it, but i managed to find some cheap online for like £1.20 each so ill b ordering a few for spares just incase lol
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CK Find out more about CK
                      Working...
                      X