• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vfc mp7a1

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
    Nope.

The 417 has a V2.5 gearbox.

The 416 has a standard V2 gearbox.
    That's AEG, he's talking about the GBB mechanism. The GBB 417 is probably just an enlarged 416 style assembly, which wasn't very impressive like their MP5. With the larger bolt, it will probably be less efficient and cool down more noticeable.

Comment

Ah, I see! My apologies!

Comment

It wont work, just like everything else they release.

Comment

Any confirmation that this one is 1:1? That's interesting, if it's true.

Comment

Sod the MP7 I'd much rather have KWAs anyway.

But their MP5k..mmmmmmm,

I have been waiting for a metal GBB MP5k since forever, I thought WE would have got to that one before, and done a better job than VFC, but I have to admit even if I had to fabricate my own parts I'd jump on that thing in a heartbeat.

Unless WE announce one for the near future.

Comment

Ah so this is what we were seeing before, a few people were speculating those footage / images being WE, but it makes sense that it's VFC since they're friends with Umarex now, allowing them access to drawings of the real thing, with the 1:1 scale and the gas system cosmetically replicated, the recoil looks like it kicks harder than the KWA (since that doesn't kick at all) and the TM one. let's hope this will be a big step up from VFC's GBB development. Annoyingly I've already bought the TM one, so I won't be buying this until solid reviews are released after it's on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                MP5k..mmmmmmm,

I have been waiting for a metal GBB MP5k since forever, I thought WE would have got to that one before, and done a better job than VFC, but I have to admit even if I had to fabricate my own parts I'd jump on that thing in a heartbeat.
                I agree. The MP5K - particularly the PDW variant - makes so much sense as an airsoft platform that it's unreal. The K is 95mm shorter than the MP7, so if you're looking for something small to use without a stock it's smaller. Since airsofters spend 100% of their time in 'combat' where shouldering the weapon is the preferred shooting style, the PDW sports a solid locking side-folder rather than the flimsy-looking retractable stock on the MP7. Plus, the K will quite happily use standard MP5 magazines without looking stupid so you can have a larger gas reservoir. I'm not knocking the MP7 - it has some advantages, especially the rails - but the MP5K is a great design that's been overlooked by everyone except Maruzen and Well. A nice steel-bodied MP5K? I'd buy one.

Speaking of fabricating your own parts - it can be done, since RS MP5K receiver blanks can be purchased quite legally in the US and take only a press, jig and mandrel to turn into finished receivers. The remainder of the hard-to-make parts can be bought as RS HK spares. Admittedly, that's a lot of work for one gun, but if you had orders for, say, ten or twenty it would be financially viable.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post
                  It wont work, just like everything else they release.
                  Thats a fact! Even in Taiwan, most airsoft sellers consider WE to be more reliable than VFC. VFC are beautiful as one seller her said, but VFC look better hanging on a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
                    Thats a fact! Even in Taiwan, most airsoft sellers consider WE to be more reliable than VFC. VFC are beautiful as one seller her said, but VFC look better hanging on a wall.
                    As long as you're talking about their GBB range, every VFC AEG that I've owned has worked flawlessly despite being put through harsh games in snow and ice.

VFC are like any other company. You get lemons but you might also get the best gun you've ever owned from them. Same with G&P, G&G, ICS, KA etc, I've seen great guns from all the aforementioned but I've also seen some pretty terrible guns.

/generalising off a small sample is not representative.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
                      As long as you're talking about their GBB range, every VFC AEG that I've owned has worked flawlessly despite being put through harsh games in snow and ice.

VFC are like any other company. You get lemons but you might also get the best gun you've ever owned from them. Same with G&P, G&G, ICS, KA etc, I've seen great guns from all the aforementioned but I've also seen some pretty terrible guns.

/generalising off a small sample is not representative.
                      Yes I am refering to their GBB range. I have to M4s and the take down pins are far too stiff and need a hammer to tap them out compared to WE. But the materials used in the construction of their guns are good quality.

Comment

I'd rather have WE but to be honest my VFC MP5 has never vented on me and works great .

That said i'm not sure i'll be swapping my KSC Mp7 for the VFC as the TM one was a let down so it would need to be very impressive indeed

Comment

[QUOTE=1st commando;1112004]I'd rather have WE but to be honest my VFC MP5 has never vented on me and works great .

Yeah? Have you upgraded your VFC MP5 as it is a real stinker?

Comment

I did change the loading nozzle due to my habit of using propane (i wanted a harder nozzle)

But aside from that I think i've been lucky

Comment

So you've had nothing go wrong with it at all then? How long you had it?

Comment

12 months or so now

edit - I did also put in a restricted flow valve to bring it down to UK levels

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Desert.Express Find out more about Desert.Express
                                Working...
                                X