X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spetsnazdave87
    replied
    Re: Very bad news for airsoft

Well I appreciate your position dude but to be honest I think you're biased because of your situation. Two-tone as it stands undermines airsoft, and making noise about getting under eighteens able to buy them undermines it even more.

Leave a comment:

• reflexsnipe
    replied

Originally posted by 2dgreengiant View Post
    A person should not be using a 2-tone gun in the street anyway so police should act 2-tone or not.
    That is actually a very good point. Mind you, couldn't you say then that a 7 yr old running around with a bright blue toy MP5 should be treated as if he has a real firearm? I saw a kid doing just that a few days ago down the high street (+ past a police station )

Like I've said before it does suck but banning two-tone will be better for airsoft in the long run. Get the adult to come along and get into the sport and buy them a RiF with ukara.
    I've been trying to get my dad to do it for ages, but the idea of running around a forest for 7 hours pretending to be a soldier doesn't appeal to him that much, being a 58yr old smoker that is too lazy to even walk out the front door. lol. He can just about find the energy to drive us to the site, let alone play. I'll be recieving a WE hi-capa 5.1 soon, i'll make him fire a few shots from that to try persuade him to go! haha
    Last edited by reflexsnipe; 26 February, 2010, 19:37.

Leave a comment:

• spetsnazdave87
    replied

Is it legal for a non-ukara'd over-eighteen year old to buy a two tone and gift it to a teenager then?

Like I've said before it does suck but banning two-tone will be better for airsoft in the long run. Get the adult to come along and get into the sport and buy them a RiF with ukara.

Leave a comment:

• 2dgreengiant
    replied

A person should not be using a 2-tone gun in the street anyway so police should act 2-tone or not.

Leave a comment:

• reflexsnipe
    replied

Mmm. so easy for a party to get votes by pretending to be doing something about gun crime (banning airsoft). If it does end up banned, when I get to 18 I'll be moving to america, I love airsoft too much to just give it up :p

Can we get off the topic of under eighteen airsofters? It has nothing to do with the OP.

At all.
    Yes it does, becuase the majority of people that use them are -18 and so will be affected if they are banned.

Leave a comment:

• spetsnazdave87
    replied

Can we get off the topic of under eighteen airsofters? It has nothing to do with the OP.

At all.

Leave a comment:

• sandyt87
    replied

With a general election just round the corner it'll be interesting to see how things go for us
    with respect to us being allowed to continue what we all love to do (when weddings, work general family nonsense,) don't get in the way ofc.

I always worry that some MP idiot wanting a cheap few votes may actually decide that its easier to get rid of what the public don't really understand (us) than to actually do what they say in front of their podiums and cameras and to tackle the heart of gun crime and culture within the UK.

In this case chaps it may be better to have the devil you know (labour) or risk the devil you don't with the conservatives.

Do we have any media feeds about criminals with 2 toned weapons? To me it seems a lot of effort to go to to rob a bank. Lets face it, would anyone really walk into a bank with a gun real or not and expect no one to panic?

Leave a comment:

• Arnie013
    replied

Thanks mate. That btw is not against anyone on here who is a reporter they have a job to do at the end of the day. However the government needs to get a back bone and clamp down on the press. One example that springs to mind where the press really dropped a b*****k is when they reported the Black Watchs move to Camp Dogwood on Telic 5 (i think it was 5) And what happened? Oh yeah they got absolutely hammered!! Because it was all over national and international news. If they had kept their mouths shut then there would have been a lot less casualties/deaths on that particular tour.

Leave a comment:

• reflexsnipe
    replied

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
    That won't solve the problem mentioned by the OP, though.
    If 2-tones are allowed to be kept after a ban, the criminals can, and will, paint their guns. There'd be no effect whatsoever on the criminals, and law-abiding citizens will be penalised - again...

Ok then maybe impose more stict laws against them so that people recognise if they wave them about in public they will be treated as if they are holding a real firearm?

Or it could just end up being a case of destroying them...... maybe could have them dissasembled and have the bright parts replaced by clear ones at the owners expense?

Leave a comment:

• Caveira
    replied

Please go ahead and speak your mind Arnie!

Leave a comment:

• reflexsnipe
    replied

Originally posted by kommissarboris View Post
    lol,

smart criminals, lets be honest, its a good idea.

its not great for us obviously.

i still stand by a proper licencing system for owning RIF's, i was never a supporter of 2-tones.

if you really like and enjoy the sport, £20 a year for a licence.

just what i think anyway.

Boris
    I agree with that but that still means -18s cant play. Maybe they could get a membership which would allow their parents to buy them RIFs providing they were responsible and legitimate skirmishers. That or allow the legit -18s access to the same membership but instead allow them to be gifted clear guns instead of bright coloured ones?

Leave a comment:

• Arnie013
    replied

Imo the biggest f***er is the press, reporting bad stuff bowt the police and firearms (and the army) all they are doing is adding fuel to the fire and giving the criminals yet another loophole/excuse/whatever. On one hand they paint the ARTs in a bad light yet then when some armed crim isnt caught or shot then theyre all like "the police and powers that be should have done more to prevent this" Hypocritical C**Ts i hate them which is why out of principal i dont watch the news or buy papers. The only thing im interested in, in the news is fellow soldiers killed and injured in Afghan/NI/anywhere in the world and stuff that applies to my job. Which i can get off the Defence internet thingymajig. S**t em bunch of jobsworth p****s!

Leave a comment:

• spetsnazdave87
    replied

To be honest though theres only so far painting your real firearm green will take you... if any police officer takes a close look at it they should be able to tell, if you do something illegal with it you're f***ed anyway

Leave a comment:

• Scarface73
    replied

Clear guns have a purpose, two tones don't.

An expert can quickly assess a clear gun, see the internals and deduce its not real. What is the difference between a real bright orange glock and a fake metal bright orange glock? Not a great deal!

Leave a comment:

• No1_sonuk
    replied

Originally posted by reflexsnipe View Post
    I'd be very happy to back getting the bright two tones banned (keeping the ones people already own) and to have clear guns for legit -18 skirmishers (they'd still have to be gifted them).
    That won't solve the problem mentioned by the OP, though.
    If 2-tones are allowed to be kept after a ban, the criminals can, and will, paint their guns. There'd be no effect whatsoever on the criminals, and law-abiding citizens will be penalised - again...

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Splitter Find out more about Splitter
Working...
X