X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolate
    replied
    Re: Very bad news for airsoft

I'm also in agreement with Scooby; get rid of two tones and use the clear bodies instead.
    Not only is it alot harder (if not near impossible) for criminals to copy it on real guns, but a number of airsofters I've spoken to say they prefer the look of them to the flourescent crap on two tones.
    I dunno about everyone's opinion but I for one agree with them.

Leave a comment:

• TheLazyMarksman
    replied

Originally posted by Silky View Post
    Isn't this exactly the same tactics which led to the cold war?
    Relatively the same, but not nukes involved. But I don't see how it could lead up to more crime, because it was a lot less before the gun ban, as soon as it came into place in '87 and 96' , it sore up.

I don't know how things are in South Africa Fizzy, all I know I was told I shouldn't visit certain places because of the extreme crime there.

Leave a comment:

• Fizzy
    replied

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
    I'd have to disagree with what you're saying, owning a firearm as a self-defense is a good thing, it gets to the point everyone is afraid of everyone, resulting in less gun crime.
    Or it gets to how it is in South Africa. Because burglars know householders are likely to be armed, they simply go upstairs and shoot them dead first.

Leave a comment:

• Silky
    replied

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
    I'd have to disagree with what you're saying, owning a firearm as a self-defense is a good thing, it gets to the point everyone is afraid of everyone, resulting in less gun crime. When the gun ban came, gun crimes shot up to stupid amounts of crime.
    Isn't this exactly the same tactics which led to the cold war?

Leave a comment:

• Arnie013
    replied

Just look at the statistics and you will see their is a much higher amount of deaths through use of firearms per thousands in the USA compared to the UK.
    Per thousand not across whole population.

:edit: Damn beaten to it again! M u s t t y p e f a s t e r!!

Leave a comment:

• TheLazyMarksman
    replied

Wait, hold it Silky. America is much larger than us, I'm sure that before the ban of specific guns, America's gun crime is still much higher.

I'd have to disagree with what you're saying, owning a firearm as a self-defense is a good thing, it gets to the point everyone is afraid of everyone, resulting in less gun crime. When the gun ban came, gun crimes shot up to stupid amounts of crime.

*EDIT* - crimes were in '87, that banned most firearms. '96 was pistols.
    Last edited by TheLazyMarksman; 26 February, 2010, 17:39.

Leave a comment:

• ejtrent
    replied

Purcy.. He said per thousand, thats a statistic that doesnt matter when population is concerned..

YOu just ruined your argument saying that

Leave a comment:

• LtPurcy
    replied

This has to be the most stupid argument i heard; how can you say having a firearm for self defence is good. Just look at the statistics and you will see their is a much higher amount of deaths through use of firearms per thousands in the USA compared to the UK. There was a case recently where a police detective from London swapped with a police officer from america for training. The ploice officer from the UK said on his first shift he went to 6 murders from gun crime (in one shift). Now use your common sense. How in any way is having a higher amount of gun crime per thousand a good thing and how can you then say its common sense thats it's good to let people buy firearms.
    Do you even realize how much bigger the USA is to the UK? that in it self makes your argument fail entirely.

thousands of lives have been saved by good people carrying firearms, its a vicious circle you will never solve and your stuck in it thinking letting people own guns is bad, its not, its necessary, what happens when the country goes in WROL (without rule of law) and all those pikeys with their guns let loose, what you gonna do hit them with a stick?

weapons will never go away, banning good people from owning them like i said is not the answer.

Leave a comment:

• Arnie013
    replied

I must agree with N_scooby on this one. Ban two tones and make them all clear (contrary to popular belief spraying them with lacquer doesnt make real guns go clear!! :P)

Leave a comment:

• TheLazyMarksman
    replied

But the point of discussion is, criminals are taking real guns and making them look like two-tones. -not guy above.

Leave a comment:

• Silky
    replied

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
    Why dont they use whats known as common sense and let the good people buy weapons for self defense, we say the Americans are stupid with there second amendment but actually no, countries who ban guns to the good guys (take note of the good guys) and just let the bandits buy there guns they are the stupid countries, youll never ban guns weapons or anything, its not possible..ever until the world explodes.
    This has to be the most stupid argument i heard; how can you say having a firearm for self defence is good. Just look at the statistics and you will see their is a much higher amount of deaths through use of firearms per thousands in the USA compared to the UK. There was a case recently where a police detective from London swapped with a police officer from america for training. The ploice officer from the UK said on his first shift he went to 6 murders from gun crime (in one shift). Now use your common sense. How in any way is having a higher amount of gun crime per thousand a good thing and how can you then say its common sense thats it's good to let people buy firearms.

Leave a comment:

• summosteve
    replied

i would stop two tone as its just too easy to buy then spray it black to make it a RIF

Leave a comment:

• spetsnazdave87
    replied

Im sure ******* ******** did too and I've heard a couple of others have stopped doing it? Tbh I dont attribute enough importance to them to really care.

I discourage my airsoft society to buy two tones. Basically if the powers that be got wind that two tones are permissable, my personal opinion is that theyd probably try and get all airsoft guns made into IFs.

I completely disagree that they have 'no other choice' too. Three games in more than two months is hardly difficult, and proving yourself a skirmisher isnt exactly hard either. Let's not start debating the under eighteen thing again because that really is illegal.

Leave a comment:

• Panoptes
    replied

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
    Doubt it, especially as many retailers are stopping selling them.

Two tones are just a really, really bad idea.
    Who's stopped selling them? IIRC, only LWA have.

Leave a comment:

• ejtrent
    replied

I dont see why everyone is instantly assuming that you would be treated any differently with a RIF or an IF, its all about HOW you react in that situation of the police pointing thier rifles at you (or what youve been doing with it previously to the call), they wont shoot you putting it into the boot of your car, you should just drop the rif/if the hell down and put your hands behind your head!

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Splitter Find out more about Splitter
Working...
X