Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul pulling out of airsoft!

http://airsoftoperator.com/magpul-pt...-discontinued/

I've spoke to a shop that patrols this kind of stuff, they've backed this up. People have told me other suppliers have said the same.

Big news in the ******* ***** (at a guess I'd say 70% of airsoft guns have magpul stuff on them, certainly at my locals).

Of course, the (in some cases better quality than PTS) clones will no doubt continue, but this is quite upsetting!
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Re: Magpul pulling out of airsoft!

Well, that's just at least trebled the price of all guns with Magpul tat stuck on them. As they'll now be "Rare" or "Collectable" when being listed for sale.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Yeah - I found out yesterday, so I panic bought precisely one VN Pmag in OD, because I've had my eye on it for a while :P

Time will tell just how serious it is.

Comment

Personally I hate just about everything Magpul related so its no biggie for me, but I can see a lot of junkies shi££ing bricks over this...lol

But as said though, clones will live on, and probably flourish given that the overpriced competition is out of the way.

Whatever the reason for the decision they are only going to loose money and followers.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
          Well, that's just at least trebled the price of all guns with Magpul tat stuck on them. As they'll now be "Rare" or "Collectable" when being listed for sale.
          Thats a given, but then watch as those guns go unsold or go through massive price drops as anyone with at least one brain cell wont buy them unless they are ACTUALLY worth it (being a tad anti magpul now, they wont be).

Reaver

- - - Updated - - -

"Rare" or "Collectable"
          Now, and this is new to me, thinking about it logically for a second, how can it be considered either of those things when farmers and farmers mums all have some degree of magpul on their weapon, if anything the market is, and feel free to tell me to shut up, pretty much saturated with bloody fagpul (clone or otherwise).

Reaver
          "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

The sole reason they are doing this is lack of profit. Clones go for up to six times less. And the quality of some isn't that far off the PTS stuff.

Comment

do I care ?

not really, if i want something then i'll have to make do with clone stuff, they are "toys" after all.
              as for magpul themselves, maybe they've got too far up their own backsides to cater for airsofters any more, we've always known that there is a divide between RS & airsoft, which is only enforced by the RS fucktards who feel we are an inferior species & shouldn't be catered for.
              magpuls financial loss will acm's gain.

Comment

Well hopefully the upshot of this is that KWA's new ERG M4's won't have that Fagpul body or furniture on them in the not too distant future...

Comment

Originally posted by R34V3R View Post
                  Thats a given, but then watch as those guns go unsold or go through massive price drops as anyone with at least one brain cell wont buy them unless they are ACTUALLY worth it (being a tad anti magpul now, they wont be).

Reaver

- - - Updated - - -

Now, and this is new to me, thinking about it logically for a second, how can it be considered either of those things when farmers and farmers mums all have some degree of magpul on their weapon, if anything the market is, and feel free to tell me to shut up, pretty much saturated with bloody fagpul (clone or otherwise).

Reaver
                  I was merely being sardonic.

I've never been a fan of it myself. You can just see it now though, all the sales listings with "Ultra-rare" Magpul tat clipped on, being bumped into eternity.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Come on, people are still trying to sell the old style BFGs for 100+ quid!

The new ones are cheaper and better.
                    How does that work?!
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

You can just see it now though, all the sales listings with "Ultra-rare" Magpul tat clipped on, being bumped into eternity.
                      And thats just page one thru four of the classifieds

ive never been a big fan of magpul, sure the miad grip is comfortable but thats as far as i go with it. I've personally owned 2 rifles with magpul stuff attached, and whilst i liked the feel of some parts and slated others, i wouldnt have gone out of my way to BUY those parts, and i know a few 'softer friends would agree with me, and if they had i can pretty much guarentee they would have bought clone copies.

my 2 cents then i will vacate this thread. its no loss that magpul are pulling out, not whilst copies are being made and sold, i agree with HuntR, the quality of some of the clone stuff is pretty good compared to the actual PTS stuff. i know 1 or 2 people that will bitch, moan and be upset about it, and i will take great pleasure in laughing maniacally whilst they try and sell it and get no where near what they want for it.

Reaver
                      "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

Magpul PTS, by design only and not the same quality.

I cant see it affecting us that much to be honest, plenty of Magpul clones around. Did I just imply that clones are acceptable for airsoft? yup at the end of the day that is ''All'' Magpul PTS range is, a copy using inferior materials for trade outside of the US without ITAR restrictions.

If all this is indeed true, I still doubt the Magpul PTS range will be gone though. You can guarantee it will be bought out and sold under a new name of some sort at some point.

Comment

I have to say, as much as I hate 'Magpul for the sake of Magpul', the AFG 2 and their ACS stock have both been very useful on my rifle, making it very comfortable to use. Admittedly the acs was a clone (quarter of the price, as good quality - I've put the two side by side), the only downside being that its based off the RS one, making it quite wobbly on my buffer tube.

Sent from outer space

Comment

Originally posted by O.G-Palmer View Post
                            Magpul PTS, by design only and not the same quality.

I cant see it affecting us that much to be honest, plenty of Magpul clones around. Did I just imply that clones are acceptable for airsoft? yup at the end of the day that is ''All'' Magpul PTS range is, a copy using inferior materials for trade outside of the US without ITAR restrictions.

If all this is indeed true, I still doubt the Magpul PTS range will be gone though. You can guarantee it will be bought out and sold under a new name of some sort at some point.
                            If it is fully bought out, it will likely be Beta Project. Which from what i can make it is just a sub division of magpul anyways. Either that or just rebranding to let other manufacturers use the design

Comment

Only time will tell if this matters. If Magpul releases some more kit that's genuinely worth having, how likely is it that clones will be made for airsoft based on the real steel? Sounds like R&D to me...

- - - Updated - - -

Only time will tell if this matters. If Magpul releases some more kit that's genuinely worth having, how likely is it that clones will be made for airsoft based on the real steel? Sounds like R&D to me...
                              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
                              Working...
                              X