Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magpul pulling out of airsoft!

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
    There there CKinnerly, there there. Another fad will be along shortly. In the meantime, mould some plasticine to make your gun look "L33T"

Curse you Mister Zsasz!

It appears that you've discovered my secret!
    Making my gun look L33T is the most important thing to me. Where can I buy FDE plasticine?
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I'll miss the P and Emags, they are excellent. The rest of it? Nah, wont miss much of it as the price difference between many of the PTS produced itmes (such as CTR and MOE stocks) and genuine Magpul items isn't that much (around £15 more for a pukka Magpul CTR than a PTS one from my usual supplier)

Comment

P Mags are pretty cool, i guess im just drawn to the nostalgia-ish look of the old style M4 mags
        Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Short lived fad? Magpul airsoft bits have been going strong for six years and showed no sign of stopping before this announcement.

Some solid details over on arnies, basically there will be no more magpul based products, by PTS or anyone else, other than the upcoming ERG and ERG specific Pmags.
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

My most crushing disappointment. Daughters who have no interest in Lego.

As Magpul have never done anything with a Sten/SLR/GPMG, I bear them no ill will.
            However, if they had started cocking about with the Guns of the Gods, I'd have hunted them down, and killed them, their families, and their pets.
            Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

You were saying hawke:
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

They die. That's just wrong.
                Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Also leave lego out of this its awesome!
                    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

went to lego land for my birthday (26th) come home with £200 of plastic (got a technic f1 car to)

Comment

I love how this went from Magpul to Lego...

Personally, the only Magpul part I don't mind paying for are the mags. They just feel better.
                        I don't mind the CTR and MOE Stocks but I'm certainly not paying over the odds for PTS...

Comment

Luckily this wont effect me as ive been buying the RS Magpul stuff for a while now. And even then, mostly just mags and ancillaries like trigger guards. Feel bad for others though. The AEG Pmags were the best mags going.

I cant blame Magpul. Airsoft is a secondary market, and during their massive upheaval to move states, its not really all that important compared to catering to the RS Market. The 2nd Amendment Rights are fundamental to their entire business image, and to neglect RS shooters in any way during this period of political madness; to continue financing airsofters, would kill them stone dead literally overnight. Sorry folks, were not that important. The average american RS shooting enthusiast spends more a month than most airsofters do a year. And theres more of them. Its just economics in action.

Besides, as rightly pointed out; the PTS range are not manufactured to RS tolerances, and people adding them to their 5.56 shooters wasn't doing the brand any favours.

Regards price, a lot of the ludicrous markup can be attributed to the complete bellends that have a stranglehold on the UK distribution rights. Who are also ruining Blue Force Gear and a number of other brands for us all. I cant name them on here (forum rules), but i have a severe dislike of them. How MOE stocks can have doubled in price in 3 years yet the trade price and import prices havent gone up more than 10% in that time is just criminal. You know who you are, you scalping price-fixing scumbags...

Originally posted by captain dog View Post
                          Its a bit like slings. Does it hold you rifle in position? Yes it does. Then there is no need to spend £40 on the latest in arse tickling technology. Bit off topic towards the end but you catch my drift.
                          Actually, no i dont regarding slings. You get what you pay for. And why spend a lot of money on a gun and hang it off cheap tat? Its something i dont get at all. Like spending £500 on a gun and using a £10 trickle charger. Mental.
                          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                            Regards price, a lot of the ludicrous markup can be attributed to the complete bellends that have a stranglehold on the UK distribution rights. Who are also ruining Blue Force Gear and a number of other brands for us all. I cant name them on here (forum rules), but i have a severe dislike of them. How MOE stocks can have doubled in price in 3 years yet the trade price and import prices havent gone up more than 10% in that time is just criminal. You know who you are, you scalping price-fixing scumbags...
                            Oh Amen to this sentiment.

Comment

If it wasn't for this thread id of never noticed they pulled out of airsoft.

I own 1 magpul product and thats only because it come with my ptw. (A tiny trigger guard)
                              Originally posted by B.E.N.
                              Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                                I cant blame Magpul. Airsoft is a secondary market, and during their massive upheaval to move states, its not really all that important compared to catering to the RS Market. The 2nd Amendment Rights are fundamental to their entire business image, and to neglect RS shooters in any way during this period of political madness; to continue financing airsofters, would kill them stone dead literally overnight. Sorry folks, were not that important. The average american RS shooting enthusiast spends more a month than most airsofters do a year. And theres more of them. Its just economics in action.
                                What has any of that got do with it? MagPul and PTS are two entirely different companies, based on two different continents! MagPul has nothing to do with the production of PTS products other than licensing their designs to PTS. Having an existing license with a company whilst you are moving is not going to create any extra work whatsoever.

I've noticed this a few times in this thread, and others discussing the same issue. People seem to believe that MagPul and PTS are one and the same. They aren't and never have been, it's purely a licensing agreement. Perhaps consider it this way: PTS is Cybergun + Actually Making Their Own Products. That is why PTS manufacture Airsoft products from various other companies such as AAC and GoGun amongst others.

As has been stated before, the real issue behind all this seems to be the fact that many retailers have been passing off PTS products, and Clone Products, as the real deal, which has bought a bit of a bad reputation for MagPul. I can only assume that by revoking PTS's license, MagPul hope that they will be able to say "Well, you didn't buy from an approved MagPul dealer which stocks real MagPul products, so it's your own fault that your cheap clone CTR broke in two when you fitted it to your AR15."

In the end, it's a shame, but not a disaster. A fair amount of the real stuff is usable on AEGs (Stocks, rail covers, trigger guards, AFGs, RVGs) and a lot of retailers still have generous stock of products that aren't available (Magazines and Pistol grips for AEGs).
                                Current Arsenal:
                                G&P LMT Tactical Rifle
                                ASG CZ Scorpion EVO 3A1
                                TM 1911 MEU(SOC)

scoutthedoggie approved commenter!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
                                Working...
                                X