Magpul pulling out of airsoft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magpul pulling out of airsoft!

Damn, I wanted those 120 round M type Pmags...
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Guess I won't be getting my TM Recoil P mags now

Comment

Magpul PTS as we know it has decided the bubble has burst... In sure somebody else will pick up the license and continue to produce products...

"PTS" appears to have been attempting to broaden beyond Magpul for a while, especially since costa snd Hayley packed it in...

Comment

The Chinese copies are great and work. They will continue making them so it's only the Gucci crew who have to have the best who will be impacted, and we all know when magpul leave a gap in the market someone else will fill it providing the Gucci crew something else to buy and gloat about

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I wonder if this is to do with their real steel stuff dropping. I know a few lads with .22lr ar-15s and they buy airsoft stuff for them because its 1/3 the price. I've heard a lot of people are doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
              The sole reason they are doing this is lack of profit. Clones go for up to six times less. And the quality of some isn't that far off the PTS stuff.
              Apparently quite a few unscrupulous firearms dealers in the states were selling the clone/PTS kit as real magpul, so it was starting to damage their reputation when the stuff started breaking while being used on real firearms.
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

They are probably more concerned with the money issues they're having from moving their HQ/factory to a gun-friendly state, and the fact they have been giving away thousands of free P Mags before Colorado bans them. They should have given out the new 40 round P Mags, that'd really annoy the gun grabbers. That said though, PTS make them for Magpul so I don't know how much involvement the real company actually has with the airsoft products.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly68 View Post
                  Guess I won't be getting my TM Recoil P mags now
                  Dude these things are massively available still.

Not a great loss to be honest in my opinion - nice parts but never used them.
                  TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                    the only downside being that its based off the RS one, making it quite wobbly on my buffer tube.e
                    Easy fix, apply a strip of duct tape along the top of your buffer tube and then put the stock on, should be nice and stiff now. Obviously keep layering on top till it is firm enough, and then if there is side to side wobble do the same on each side until it is good to go (don't worry about being symmetrical)

The only thing that I will miss are the G36 PMags, only good thing they ever made. Even then you could just get the M4 magwell conversion and use M4 clone Pmags
                    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Do you think magpul will pull out of the ******* ***** completely and focus on real steal?

Comment

Has anyone seen their new PTS sleeves? Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by kaza66 View Post
                          Do you think magpul will pull out of the ******* ***** completely and focus on real steal?
                          As others have said, it seems to be because people in the US were being sold the airsoft gear for use with real steel firearms and finding that it doesn't stand up to the task.

That being the case, a lot of people buying the fake stuff gained the opinion that Magpul were a bit shit because they didn't realise what they had wasn't the genuine article, and it caused a drop in Magpul's reputation. So to avoid it getting worse, they've revoked PTS' licensing rights, preventing the properly licensed Magpul stuff from being produced.

Stupid thing is, people could still be sold the even worse, clone Chinese shit which will either still break down, or do so even faster than the PTS stuff. So limiting the market to just the real stuff, or the fake Chinese stuff, it's just going to harm their rep even more when people are sold the fake stuff without realising. Except now, Magpul won't be able to do anything about it because none of the ACM stuff has permission from Magpul to be making it in the first place.

It's all a bit stupid. Though I am sad to see the dual window Emags and 7.62 Pmags go, as I don't think there is a China made copy of either of those yet. Makes it that bit harder to build up accurate British weapons.

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
                          : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
                          AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            The new ones are cheaper and better.
                            How does that work?!
                            Cheaper yes, better? Extremely open to debate.
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Maybe they should just make everything that would fit a real gun to real gun standards and put the Magpul name on it... Not like the prices would be THAT different.

Comment

Very annoying indeed. Gotta get some funds extremely quick then so i can get my UBR stock.. Feckers...
                                If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
                                Working...
                                X