KSC / KWA C02 Glock Mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KSC / KWA C02 Glock Mags

I like the idea but the fact that you can see the CO2 bottle in the back of the mag would bother me.
    WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

It's not ideal, and ofcouse the baseplate is a bit fugly!

But, they going to be in pouches most the time I suppose!

Comment

It would be good if you could get a rear plate for them so that if you wish after you have added in the CO2 capsule you could slide in the plate and conceal it.

One thing that does strike me is that I would waste a lot of the gas, usually when I play you get about 2 mags for each fill of gas and if I'm running multiple mags that's plenty for one day. But if these CO2 capsules are giving over 100 rounds each, you would need to use each mag about 4 times which I don't see myself doing.
        WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
          i find it hard to believe that they could fire 120 shots on one bulb...
          They didn't. They fired 131 on my count

Comment

right, i've been swamped recently so full blown review will have to wait.

however i've done some minor tests:

TESTED WITH CROSSMAN 12g CO2 bulbs (have been inactive for well over a year so i'm not sure if stagnant bulbs are affect by anything for referance), at above room temp (heating is on and off with the cold.)

1# My chrono has just died however when Chrono'ing they came in at about 290-311 again, my chrono has just decided to stop chrono'ing shots so i wouldn't take that fps reading too seriously as it was abit dodgy to begin with.

2# Recoil is certainly more responsive and much crisper.

3# looking at roughly 90-100 shots of pretty rapid dry firering. obviously you'd get more shots if you adopted a sensible trigger finger. like in the demo video.

4# i did have to slightly modify the gun for the mags to fit properly. there is a little red spacer rubber on the top of the exfil valve (top of the mag) and this is aprox 1mm too think, and stops the slide moving forward fully. (were only talking 2-4MM of slide sticki-ness however thats far to much than i want.

what i did was shave a 1mm off the feed nozzle this has seemed to cure the problem, i've no doubt you could probably just use a razor and take a layer off the spacer i'm sure that would do a trick aswell. either way it wasn't a major problem. when i get more time i'll put pics/full explaination into it.

think thats everything so far.
            no idea what the range/ect is like as i havnt has chance to test fire outside where i can see the BB's.

any questions ask away. as i say though i'll put an in-depth review up when i can.

Comment

i hope these work i'm so fed up with gasing out al the time in the cold.
              Never Really Got that: BOOM ha ha Big 50

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing something but I just got two of these today and I've wasted 4 CO2 bulbs trying fit them- CO2 spewed out. I have a cold burn as a result on my hand.

I haven't tried the other mag but so far. What I have received is pile of something nasty and smelly.

Not happy. Is this a one-off or a symptom of complacent quality control? I'm going to test RA-tech's customer service when I ask for a refund.
                Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Are you fitting them correctly?

Comment

i would imagine your missing something. check the instructions (if any) thoroughly!

if you keep ballsing it up, then send an email. have you looked for a video or something and tried following thaT?

Comment

Well there is only one way the bulbs will go. The 2nd mag is just about OK leaks for a couple of secs.

Of course the slide rubs too much on mag rubber lip! Arrggghhhh. Didn't they test!

This is reminding me of WE mag reliability- hit and miss! No doubt in a few months when us 'beta' testers do RA-tech's job everyone else will get 2nd gen mags leaving us with the mix of hit and miss flakey mags.

I knew I should have waited- I did actually consider the above possibility but thought with my wallet instead.

Comment

Well the one mag that spits out CO2 continues to do so despite lubing it. The one that did not spit gas but prevented the slide from working is now screwed since I attempted to slice off 1mm from the lip and I screwed up the cut so now it bleeds gas when firing.

Well what a ##beep## mess. I guess I'll wait for V2. Thoroughly peed off. If only these companies would beta test these things properly. In this case they may have recognised different lip sizes among KSC owners and included an extra slimmer mag lip They would have also paid closer attention to the CO2 bulb connecting neck. Two in post and one is totally ###ggered.

Can you tell I'm a tad unhappy????

I might try the mag lip from a standard gas mag.

Comment

Could use some glass paper to sand down the rubber lip, rather than trying to cut it with a knife.
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Now you tell me! :D

I am totally useless at 'craft' - that's why I never fiddle with my kit. It's always stock specification with the exception of upgrading barrels.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Sounds like sanding down the mag lip would have been the way to go- at least for my useless craft skills!

Comment

if they're buggered then you best sling off an email to Ra-tech. i;d hope they refund/send new ones.

as its a bit worrying for me as i intend to buy two of them after the new year when my student loan comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by kipper66 View Post
                                if they're buggered then you best sling off an email to Ra-tech. i;d hope they refund/send new ones.

as its a bit worrying for me as i intend to buy two of them after the new year when my student loan comes in.
                                i'd like to say i bought 10 of these mags as i intend to do a dual sidearm glock loadout.

i've not had a single issue with these.

i did however end up with one mag (out of 10) with a glock 19 baseplate, however RA tech are sending me the correct G17 baseplate for the mag so i can use it in my 17.

as for the guy above,
                                what Co2 bulbs are you using? as there are different types, pressure/weights and ends. e.g threaded/non threaded ect. also make sure to hold the bulb in place when you screw it in. not to sound like i'm trying to minder you or anything. you'll be amazed at the amount of people who put bulbs into mags and just expect them to work lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                                Working...
                                X