KSC / KWA C02 Glock Mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KSC / KWA C02 Glock Mags

My 3 should arrive tomorrow, didn't expect them so quick I'll have to find some co2 bulbs over Christmas now.

Comment

Just be aware that Co2 in any more than I think 5% atmosphere is not very good for you. So if you are having problems you need to be doing things out side in the open, not in doors.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Well one mag has no issues on the Co2 bulb. The other mag clearly has a crap insert neck- it's just a DOA.

The mag that has no issues with the CO2 bulb has a higher sitting mag lip and so prevents the glock slide from working properly.

I'm afraid it's all totally useless- I have two paper weights.

DxniB1- I think you're lucky with your mags but you did also have issues with the mag lip preventing the slide from working properly.

If I buy 2nd hand I expect to have to fiddle/ fix stuff. If I buy brand new I don't expect to cut, shave or sand down anything. It's a poor show and I suspect others will have same issue. So far we share the mag lip problem.

As I said earlier- I'll have to wait for version 2 whenever RA-Tech sort out these mags to work straight out of the box.
        Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

I got mine the other day and while I don't have any co2 to test them with yet they all seem to work fine as in the slide moves forward and back fine.

Can any one confirm if these will work in these mags

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5068

before I buy a box.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tayste_2000 View Post
            I got mine the other day and while I don't have any co2 to test them with yet they all seem to work fine as in the slide moves forward and back fine.

Can any one confirm if these will work in these mags

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5068

before I buy a box.

Cheers
            Honestly. you'de be better off searching the net.
            preferance wise i always buy crossman co2 bulbs. they've never let me down thus far, unlike some other brands. the above included.

as i say, search the net, visit some gas/shooting sales sites (for Diy/sports shooting sites ect ect)

you can get some pretty good deals like 50 crossman bulbs for 20posted on certain UK sites. i'm not discouraging you from buying from Z1 or anything, they are a fantastic retailer. but non-airsoft sites seem to take the lead in Co2 when buying boxed packages.

as for if they will work in the mags. yes they will. however if the bulbs work themselves. well that's another issue altogether.

as long as the bulbs are 12G and not 12OZ and are NOT threaded then they will work.

Comment

I've found out my local site will allow CO2 if the gun chronos within site limits, so I think I might investigate this CO2 lark.

Comment

Originally posted by dxnib1 View Post

as long as the bulbs are 12G and not 12OZ and are NOT threaded then they will work.
                Thanks, that's the bit I needed to know the most.

Cheers

Comment

Any more horror or success stories?

Looking to get some of my own so I can use my pistol in the cold!

Comment

Right well I finally got to try my 3 out last night. Firstly let me just say wearing gloves with these is a must or you will end up with a cold burn.

First mag I tried whole mag vented all over me, luckily I had planned ahead an had gloves on

2nd Mag co2 went in like a charm and gun fires fantastically, the recoil is much better than green gas

3rd mag, had a few issues at first, this one does cause the slide to slightly stick sometimes and it started hissing once I put the mag in but it slowly stopped and the magazine still had plenty of co2 in it to fire plenty of times, the hissing has now stopped completely and as stated mag is still functional so I assume some of the lube in the co2 sealed any issues.

So back to the first mag, no matter what I do when ever I put in the co2 canister the mag vents all over my hand almost as if the valve is blocked as the co2 just spews round the side of canister.

I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to the valve to check it works or if I should just send this back to the shop.

All in all I'm quite happy, obviously I wish all 3 worked perfectly but the 2 that do are absolutely fantastic it makes up for the one dodgy one (which might be fixable)

Cheers

Comment

are these in uk shops yet?

had a little look around but couldnt find any in the uk. so i'm guessing ordering from Ra-tech themselves is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by kipper66 View Post
                        are these in uk shops yet?

had a little look around but couldn't find any in the uk. so i'm guessing ordering from Ra-tech themselves is the only way.
                        No, and i highly doubt they will ever be to be honest. RAtech parts are very hard to come by in the UK, not impossible but shops here seem to only buy a small quantity of parts then never re-order. (and were only talking about the odd barrel or NPAS here. not the millions of other 'little' bits that RAtech do, although you'll probably find them on some obscure website somewhere...)

i sent them an email inquiring about this, and i got a reply for Erica saying that outside shop sales are not being descussed at the moment however may be considdered in the future.

i asked because i've been playing with the idea of buying ALOT of R.A tech parts and setting up my own online shop. however with no bulk discount and the rise in VAT its no longer an option. Sadly.

EDIT:

As for a mag review i finally got to skirmish with these yesterday, Now to say it was cold outside is an understatement. it was F*cking freezing, WELL below freezing. something like -10. anyway, i esily got a mag off which i am thrilled about, however it struggled with the next mag. so roughly a mag and a half before they vented with the cold. Overall i'm overjoyed at being able to use a sidearm in the cold. :D

i did have some issues like whats being said above, sticking slides/ect this ultimately is just about modding a tiny bit of the feed nozzle or magpad (red rubber on top of the mag) and should be a relatively easy fix. I'll post more when i have time to look it over, which shouldn't be for some time.
                        Last edited by dxnib1; 9 January, 2011, 14:12.

Comment

cheers for the reply,

all the reviews seem good (when they work) so i'm gonna order some. already sent them an email. might actually get to use my 23f on full-auto at a skirmish!

Comment

I don't think Glock 17/18 mags fit the Glock 23f- perhaps I'm wrong?

DUe to the huge (orange) mag lip rubber on this RA-Tech CO2 mags, I have had to use a standard KSC Glock mag lip rubber which solves the problem of the weapon not cycling due to friction on the slide.

Also, I think there's a potentially very dangerous aspect to these RA-Tech mags. The release valve sits perhaps 0.5 to 1mm off the mag side. This has the effect of prematurely release a shot of gas as you load the mag. If you've got a round in the chamber you have yourself a negligent discharge! I think the same may happen if the chamber is clear- the first round in the mag will be fired off. This is very bad! I'm experiencing this with my KSC Glock 17.

Also, although my Glock 17 Full metal) is clearly semi, I'm getting full auto!

I'm sending one mag back because it spits all the CO2 and now nursing the second mag to allow my slide to work and trying to work out how I stop this full auto behaviour.

Not a good experience so far. Many users report good experience here but I think inconsistent quality control is at play. Seems that when my two mags were manufactured the QA staff were away on annual leave or on a course or they were asleep on the job.

Comment

I'm rapidly going of the idea of these, was going to order some this week. Might leave it now!

Comment

Well, as I write to the sound of slowly venting gas in my remaining Co2 mag I can just say that if you've got these mags and they work- well done and good luck.

I loaded the mag in my KSC Glock 18C and it fired off a round with no trigger!

My advice? Buy a mag from someone who's actually tested one. For me- that's best part of $90 I'll never see again.

I'll wait for 12 months for the 2nd generation mags- the version that the manufacturer claims is 100% but then fixes and releases as an 'improved' version. I hate being a beta tester!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                                Working...
                                X