This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Guns

Yes but when they say "I want an USMC/SAS loadout" then go and base it off of COD it is a COD loadout not USMC/SAS. They need to either say a COD loadout (in which case we would stop berating them) or do the loadout properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
      They need to either say a COD loadout (in which case we would stop berating them)
      Based on hundreds of pages on this and other forums, I can say this is unlikely at best.
      - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
      - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post
        Clearly it makes me a rubbish player.
        You're a rubbish Cosplayer.

I like to get things vaguely time period correct, but seeing as the current time period is now, and everything we have available is actually available, seeing as we are not yet able to purchase ACM stuff from the future.

Fair enough, if I'm playing a Vietnam themed game for instance, I'll try and do my best for the sake of the other players as I understand they paid for an experience.

I do agree though, MW2 is as valid a source of inspiration as any other film or dramatised interpretation, especially seeing as the MW2 is actually set in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
          I do agree though, MW2 is as valid a source of inspiration as any other film or dramatised interpretation, especially seeing as the MW2 is actually set in the future.
          Only if you are doing a COD loadout though as that is all it is a reference to. I have no problem with COD loadouts and have seen some very good ones, but most people say they want to do loadout "X" and can some one give them some ideas, and then get fed up when they get told something that isn't COD. If you want a COD loadout have a COD loadout but don't claim it is accurate to anything other than COD.

Anyway back on topic

My new Gat.

Comment

Yes but when they say "I want an USMC/SAS loadout" then go and base it off of COD it is a COD loadout not USMC/SAS. They need to either say a COD loadout (in which case we would stop berating them) or do the loadout properly.
            Airsoft is gun-LARP. It's a couple of expensive replica gun and gear purchases away from foam swords and I Cast Magic Missile. And yet yet we get people feeling superior because they copied one supposedly more accurate depiction of gear and guns while others copied what they thought looked cool. =p Straying away from 100% realistic loadouts may also be an issue of something not looking good to the buyer or downright being expensive as hell. I for one try and avoid looking down on people for stuff like that.

If I come along in a suit, sunglasses and M4 are people going to criticise my Heat loadout because I got the colour of my suit wrong?

pew pew

Comment

Lets be honest here the best load out has to be the arctic avenger from CSS the end.
              Hate.
              "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Chris View Post

If I come along in a suit, sunglasses and M4 are people going to criticise my Heat loadout because I got the colour of my suit wrong?
                No that you got the gun wrong.

Comment

Hmmm, pretty sure they were Colt Model 733, rather than M4's lol :D

Perhaps it would be more accuate if people said they wanted an x-inspired loadout. I.E. a 'USMC Inspired loadout' or a 'US Army inspired loadout'..

And by the way anyone turning up in a 'Heat-Inspired' set-up, regardless of suit colour or M4 variation...frickin genius. What an awesome movie! :D
                  Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                  There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Chris View Post
                    some people on here would....

but quite frankly, i dont do "loadouts" I have a vest, and some combats. Anyway, i spent all my money on guns.

edit: oh and i do have an old crap suit, that i may just wear at the weekender....

Comment

And this is what's wrong with airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by cornishpotshot View Post
                        some people on here would....
                        edit: oh and i do have an old crap suit, that i may just wear at the weekender....

A Heat theme...might have to do the same...:D Sure I have a grey suit somewhere...not so much a 733, but I do have an M4...and that'll do.

nos periclitor proprius

sigpic

Comment

Complete pistol collection:

nos periclitor proprius

sigpic

Comment

Like the Sig Pro.

Comment

Took forever to find one, but it performs brilliantly, 300 fps + on .20's. More accuarate with .25's but then what isnt? Compact and with a fobus-drop-leg, does the backup job perfectly. Tend to find myself looking for opportunties to sling my primary and go pistol...just to use it

nos periclitor proprius

sigpic

Comment

Here is my brand new toy : ICS CXP.08 concept rifle. it runs like a dream, just waiting on a forgirp.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sam_s.o Find out more about Sam_s.o
                                Working...
                                X