• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diemaco L119A1 SFW

Okay, thanks for that. I'll have a look now

Comment

C8 markings is fine for early UKSF guns, not all of them had the L119 designation on the lowers. DragonRed are the ones Delta is referring to, but they are impossible to find.

Alternatively, and probably the easiest option is to buy a blank lower and get it engraved.

Comment

How legit would an L119a1 be with a Spectre DR? I'm looking for the correct ACOG but they seem to be silly money sadly. I only ask as British forces are being issued with the Spectre OS for the L85 so I figure it wouldn't be too unreasonable to see and SFW with a similar optic?
        The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My TM Recoil. Not 100% but close enough for my liking. Gunna fill the Colt trades and leave it as a blank receiver. Flash hider sits on the squint a little so I'll pack it out so it sits straight. Gunna replace the rear iron sight too, possibly with a Troy battle sight.
          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Move on, nothing to see here.
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

A little of topic but would anyone have the dimensions for the reinforced front sight post? If you have one and wouldn't mind helping me then please Pm me.

Comment

Hi Folks, some really nice conversions here which have inspired me to have a go myself. Like SBS Rusty from a few pages back I'm more into Falklands and 90's kit but an L119A1 would be a perfect excuse for some more up to date kit Also just bought a G&P M653 for my Falklands loadout so my M4A1 that I had been carrying (heavily disguised with hessian, scrim and an XM177 stock) is now available for transformation.

I've ordered a full length barrel, Sling Mount, Fore Sight and Butt Pad from Taiwan and a repro DIS. Also bought a Storm Grip and a used RIS. Already have an ACOG with a piggy back red-dot on my L85A1 which I can probably use if I get a Wing Mount although I'm leaning towards the repro DIS. If I understand correctly an early full length barrel L119A1 will use a standard M4 flash hider while a newer version would use a Surefire type that looks a bit like a G36 K flash hider with a step down towards the end.

My base gun is the aforementioned M4, an AGM version with easily concealed trades, will this be a suitable donor?

I've also been looking at the offerings from Dboys and Cyma, both do CQB versions with no trades and RIS already fitted as well as full length RIS equipped versions. Has anyone any advice on using these as a base gun.

Any advice appreciated, thanks in advance.
                Last edited by Mehringer; 3 March, 2015, 20:44.

Comment

My L119

Parts:
                  • Very old Classic Army M4 basis, all Markings removed and repainted
                  • Systema 120 Mechbox
                  • Oldschool Stock
                  • Madbull Ultimate T6 7075 Tuninglauf 6.01mm
                  • L119A1 rubber stock pad
                  • L119A1(C8 SFW) steel front sight (AEG)
                  • L119A1(C8 SFW) steel sling (AEG)
                  • G&P Storm Pistol Grip
                  • L119 Tactical Warlord Barrel Extension
                  • Shortend M4 Outer Barrel (Tactical Warlord "Main"-Barrel was too short for my RIS)
                  • Cheap China ACOG
                  • L85 Sling
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by RaynaButler; 4 March, 2015, 08:53.

Comment

I like that, personally that's the look I'm after. Would that be an early version with the TA-01 and the standard M4 type flash hider?

I see you're using an L85 sling but what is the para cord for at the stock and fore sight, also what base gun did you use?

Also what is that you've fitted to the RIS?

Comment

AFAIK it would be an early version. The paracord at the stock is just because I like it, at the frontsight it is for the sling. The base gun is a very old classic army M4 (I added a partlist to my post above). Fitted to the RIS is my Garmin Foretrex.

cheers,

Dirk

Comment

EDIT: nevermind op beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by RaynaButler View Post
                          AFAIK it would be an early version. The paracord at the stock is just because I like it, at the frontsight it is for the sling. The base gun is a very old classic army M4 (I added a partlist to my post above). Fitted to the RIS is my Garmin Foretrex.

cheers,

Dirk
                          Looking at my AGM M4 the barrel seems to be attached differently to the barrel on my G&P (and most others I've seen) as it doesn't have the collar that looks like a sprocket (best way I can describe it) so there's a possibility that the barrel I've ordered won't fit (same as yours but I assumed it was a full replacement barrel) and as the 2nd hand RIS fore grip most likely isn't off an AGM M4 it might not fit properly either.

That's why I was looking at maybe buying a base gun that already has a RIS fore grip fitted and that uses the more common serrated/sprocket ring that screws to the receiver. Looking at the Cyma and Dboys versions I think the Dboys CQB might be the best option, although I'm not 100% sure

Comment

Does the delta ring still screw onto the body? If so the barrel will probably be secured.

Comment

If the Delta ring is the part that looks like a sprocket on some guns then yes I thing the 'Ring' screws off. I can move it clockwise/anti clockwise a bit but haven't tried to force it, yet.

I've added a pic to show what my receiver/barrel looks like.

I've also added a pic showing the 2 version of the early stock I have, the one highlighted is the one I intend using and has the 2 vertical ribs that seem to be on most everyone else's stock. The other is on my G&P M653/AR15 carbine

Attached Files

Comment

Ok I got the ring screwed off and this is what the barrel and receiver look like.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X