Diemaco L119A1 SFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diemaco L119A1 SFW

You'll just need a new delta ring.. a proper one rather than the AGM/G&G attempt!

Comment

The 2 vertical braces on the stock are strengthening braces which Colt put on the later versions of its carbine stocks.

You may find you can use that delta ring easily enough but it might well be worth getting a decent one as well at some point.

Also if you want a very simple very plain L119A1 you could run it with plain hand guards rather than a RIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
        You'll just need a new delta ring.. a proper one rather than the AGM/G&G attempt!
        I'd be happy to do that if I was sure that the threads on the receiver were the same but there's no guarantee that they are unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
        The 2 vertical braces on the stock are strengthening braces which Colt put on the later versions of its carbine stocks.

You may find you can use that delta ring easily enough but it might well be worth getting a decent one as well at some point.

Also if you want a very simple very plain L119A1 you could run it with plain hand guards rather than a RIS.

Fair point although I'm beginning to think that if the barrel and RIS fore grip I ordered don't fit straight off I'd probably be better in the long run just buying either a Cyma or Dboys M4 CQB both of which are reasonably priced and come fitted with a RIS fore grip. I could probably sell off my M4 to off-set the purchase of an M4 CQB. I've been re-reading the entire thread and Cyma and Dboys M4's have been used as a base.

Of course I'll see how I manage with the stuff I've already ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehringer View Post
          I'd be happy to do that if I was sure that the threads on the receiver were the same but there's no guarantee that they are unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair point although I'm beginning to think that if the barrel and RIS fore grip I ordered don't fit straight off I'd probably be better in the long run just buying either a Cyma or Dboys M4 CQB both of which are reasonably priced and come fitted with a RIS fore grip. I could probably sell off my M4 to off-set the purchase of an M4 CQB. I've been re-reading the entire thread and Cyma and Dboys M4's have been used as a base.

Of course I'll see how I manage with the stuff I've already ordered.
          I would hedge my bets the thread on that will be standard TM spec so most airsoft delta rings would fit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Fair point, well I'll wait and see what happens when all the parts arrive, should be sometime in the next 2 weeks I guess. In the meantime I see if I can find a supplier for proper delta ring in case I end up needing it.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Think I have one if you need it.
              The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Thanks for that, if you want to PM me with how much you want for it including postage I'll get back to you.

Comment

Hey guys, do you know where I'd be able to get a hold of a Car-15 style buttstock? Cheers in advance

Comment

Try the L119 owners group on Facebook, they often pop up on there.
                    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Cheers Al, instantly found what I'm looking for :D

Comment

Hello everyone, as a newbie....please let me post my diemaco c8 cqbr project (minus storm grip, jp guard wing for doctors sight and surefire fh556 + silencer)

DSC_0464.jpgDSC_0467.jpgDSC_0470.jpgDSC_0471.jpg

Comment

Latest on mine, it's pretty much done:

Tokyo Marui Recoil Diemaco. The crane stock isn't archetypal but has been pictured, and the ACOG is an older style with the QD base of the newer issue one. If anyone's interested I can run off a parts list.

Comment

Originally posted by RaynaButler View Post
                            My L119

Parts:
                            • Very old Classic Army M4 basis, all Markings removed and repainted
                            • Systema 120 Mechbox
                            • Oldschool Stock
                            • Madbull Ultimate T6 7075 Tuninglauf 6.01mm
                            • L119A1 rubber stock pad
                            • L119A1(C8 SFW) steel front sight (AEG)
                            • L119A1(C8 SFW) steel sling (AEG)
                            • G&P Storm Pistol Grip
                            • L119 Tactical Warlord Barrel Extension
                            • Shortend M4 Outer Barrel (Tactical Warlord "Main"-Barrel was too short for my RIS)
                            • Cheap China ACOG
                            • L85 Sling
                            Interesting, I ended up getting a Cyma CQB and the warlord Tactical 'Main' barrel was too short for the RIS, I opted for a Begadi L119a1 extension which allowed me to use my stock main barrel. I alos ordered a 10" Armycode 10" + 4.5" barrel to see if the join is hidden better using the WT extension on a 10" main rather than using the Begadi extension on the stock 10.5" main.

Anyone know what base gun the warlord Tactical barrel is made for?

Comment

Originally posted by Mehringer View Post
                              Anyone know what base gun the warlord Tactical barrel is made for?
                              For an old classic Marui. That's what he told me.

Comment

Right, strange that he should go that route, I guess most people now would be using more up to date base guns.

In any case my gun is looking pretty much like yours as yours was one of the ones that stood out (to me anyway) What I'm not keen on with mine is that with the longer main barrel and shorter extension I can see the join just forward of the foresight but maybe the Armycode 10" main + WT extension will sort that out.

I've seen guns pictured with what looks like brass inserts in the holes at the bottom of the storm grip, is this how it looks on an RS L119A1? it's an easy fix but just wanted to be sure.

Do you or does anyone else have an approximate timetable for when various changes happened with the L119A1, i.e. when they went from ACOG like yours to the 4X ACOG, when they switched to the surefire flash hider etc. I'm guessing that not all the changes happened at once so would it be valid to have a 1X ACOG with a Surefire?

Finally (for now ) how did you shorten your main barrel?

Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X