L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Been told the ACOG is been replaces by the Specter, something to do with the misunderstanding about the unit cost of ACOGs.
    Brother in aw was at the ranges last month and every 80 had a Specter on it.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Yeah they are being replaced, I work near an amry barracks in London and they are as standard by the looks of it

Comment

Originally posted by simon View Post
        something to do with the misunderstanding about the unit cost of ACOGs.
        Acogs where brought in as a operational requirement in afghan, and where only a short term solution anyway.
        They are going to spectre OS as the standard scope as the susats are coming to the end of their life span.

Comment

Army*

Comment

The Spectre OS are known as Light weight day sight (LDS) these are going to all 1st line units (infantry). The ACOG's were a UOR buy and cannot be repaired as they are sealed units, these are still in service and are issued to 1st line CSS units (non infantry). SUSAT are staying in service until spares run out and have been issued to 2nd and 3rd line units. Even TA infantry have been issued LDS before field army units.

Comment

Yeah, even the guards at Buckingham Palace have the LDS now.

Comment

Would anyone be interested in a RA tech level 1 WE L85A2? I might be selling mine with 6 mags and riser for acog.

Comment

• L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

My good old faithful ares l85 afv yes I know it has a slow rate of fire but it's compact and damn accurate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know what other brand magazines will fit the G&G L85 series guns?

Comment

Im doing my basic training for the RAF regiment and we only get the old school green handguards and SUSAT`s looking forward to graduating so we get the GUCCI kit!

Comment

You'll need it for guarding the NAAFI

Comment

RAF only kit the gucci kit for op tours!

Comment

Any of you guys with WE L85's tried the CO2 mags?
                            Any good?
                            Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                            Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Can anybody help with a modding problem I am having.

I have a AA L85A1 and am trying to find a A2 handguard to fit it.

As there is no commercially available A2 handguard for the G&G/AA L85 I am left with getting one made for one of the other brands.

Sorry about the lighting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Muzlie has made what I am trying to get to, even with the custom rail attached to the base of the guard, though his looks like an ICS.

I know that the ICS and WE ones are not compatible so I was looking towards the ARES one.

I know the ARES one is not interchangeable with the G&G/AA but I am not afraid of doing some DIY work to make it fit.

All the pictures that I have seen on the ARES handguard show that the notches in the rear of the guard are wider than the AA ones but the only bit that I can not find pictures of the Gas block attachment.

I am also not looking to get the railed handguard as I really like the huge 4500Mah battery I have got at the moment (Lasts all weekend even under intense use) I already have the A2 cocking handle, ACOG RMR, flash hider, and DR rail mount so the only thing left is the Handguard.

If anybody knows if one of the A2 handguards can be modded to fit a AAL85 I would definitely appreciate the help.

Comment

how do you find the sight that far back? im assuming the magnifier only comes into play on a few occasions but is it uncomfortable to use? in ref to the handguard have no idea sorry. i have an a2 g&g one that i dont use that i can send you to trial fit if you want. im assuming it might be close as isnt the AA a clone of the g&g?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X