L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Need to swap out the flashider.. and looks like they're PMAG's which I've never seen used.

Generally UK forces use STANAGs or EMAG's.

May be worth trying to find a way to hide the wires through the RIS too.

Comment

Being an ics gun the flash hider is almost impossible to get as its no longer in production.

Finding the mags is equally troublesome especially for a price that is affordable hence the beta project pmags. Believe me i spent a lot of hours hunting both those items lol.

Comment

My G&G L85a2 all Gucci'd up, seems that every single piece bar the riser and spectre, have an unconventional way of connecting, just to be difficult

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5i2kxee7n...56.09.jpg?dl=0

What does eveyone do to fit batteries in? I've got a 1000mah 9.9 LIFE batt in that only just fits, can only get it in by taking the whole gun apart every time, any one come up with a better solution thats not a PEQ box?

Cant upload pictures to forum for some reason

Comment

Hi all i have just fitted a real steel DD onto my ics and there is next to no room for my battery, i was going to get a req box but hate to look of the mon the top or side, has anyone else got an ics with a real steel dd and a batt hidden inside?
          If so heres a medal and how did you do it?

Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Isn't there loads of space in the back of an ICS? Just re route the wiring into the rear of the body and put a small LIPO in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

remove the fake gas parts......or get a split cell 7.4v lipo, the really thing saddle/crane style one and slot each cell either side of the gas parts
              Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

I put the battery inside the gripod. If you take out the legs, it's about the same size as buffer tube on a M4

Comment

Here's my 80'. Started off as an AA R85A1, but over the years it's been modded to look the way it is now. Some of the furniture, Gripod and Mag were sprayed in OD, then weathered, but I was thinking of spraying the black in a Tan/Darkearth??

Richie.

Comment

Oh by the way did you lads see the new updated SA-80A3 variant in the "Combat & Survival" magazine?? I thought it looked gorgeous so I googled further images when I got home. I read It's the improved HK made model to extend it's life to maybe beyond 2025?? I must say it's the best looking model to date, including the UGL version, which can quickly detach leaving just the rifle again.

Right, ready for wet dream time to all who have not seen yet!

Richie.

Comment

Richie your just a show off but keep showing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Now all everyone needs is a compatible airsoft kit to a3 the l85's

Comment

My ICS

I know some of you hate seeing an afg on the rifle...but it's just airsoft. I love the look of an afg and eotech on it. Thinking about painting the metal casing of the eotech od green too. The afg and rail ladders are both od green. As you can see they are a different shade to the existing od parts. Not sure if foliage green would have been a better match or not but it doesn't bother me that much.

Side note...the mag is a cheap ares amoeba mid cap - not the more expensive type - and I have found no issues with fitting and feeding like I have read before. Maybe my ICS was slightly different because all my mags fit and feed. (Not thrown many bb's through it though).
                          CM16 Raider (G&G)
                          Scar-L CQC (TM recoil)
                          L85A2 (ICS)

Dan Wesson 715 snub (ASG)

Comment

Tell you what steve i think you should send that to me for christmas and it does look very nic

Comment

Haha I think there is more chance of me sending my wife instead! Cheers
                              CM16 Raider (G&G)
                              Scar-L CQC (TM recoil)
                              L85A2 (ICS)

Dan Wesson 715 snub (ASG)

Comment

No thanks i like the peace and quite

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X