Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Originally posted by Mearcat View Post
    Can anybody help with a modding problem I am having.

I have a AA L85A1 and am trying to find a A2 handguard to fit it.

As there is no commercially available A2 handguard for the G&G/AA L85 I am left with getting one made for one of the other brands.

Muzlie has made what I am trying to get to, even with the custom rail attached to the base of the guard, though his looks like an ICS.

I know that the ICS and WE ones are not compatible so I was looking towards the ARES one.

I know the ARES one is not interchangeable with the G&G/AA but I am not afraid of doing some DIY work to make it fit.

All the pictures that I have seen on the ARES handguard show that the notches in the rear of the guard are wider than the AA ones but the only bit that I can not find pictures of the Gas block attachment.

I am also not looking to get the railed handguard as I really like the huge 4500Mah battery I have got at the moment (Lasts all weekend even under intense use) I already have the A2 cocking handle, ACOG RMR, flash hider, and DR rail mount so the only thing left is the Handguard.

If anybody knows if one of the A2 handguards can be modded to fit a AAL85 I would definitely appreciate the help.
    There isn't technically an A2 hand guard for the L85. H&K started replacing all hand guards when carrying out the A2 conversion program but were told to stop as it was not part of the contract. After this they were refitting the original hand guards with the L85A1 details milled out. Only about 20-25% of L85A2 have the H&K hand guard the remainder have the original type fitted.

Comment

contributing

ICS L85A2
      Madbull DD Rail
      G&G SUSAT
      Running 11.1 lipo's.

Need to buy the Hornbill flash hider and an acog riser, although mine is only a 1x and the 4x SUSAT is useful.
      ICS L85A2 - KWA Glock 17 - Bravo 22 Merseyside Regular

Comment

She's looking good!

Comment

fixed something that's a bit of a faff if anyone is interested:

removing the lower receiver every time I want to remove the DD rail to replace batteries was a needless task. I could angle in a flathead screwdriver to unbolt the DD rail, but have replaced with a 10mm M6 bolt to use a spanner in between the rail and trigger guard. Far more convenient! Thought it may be a useful idea for others.

Comment

This is a huge long shot but I've lost the small pin that joins the two parts of the gearbox on a G&G L85. Does anyone have or know where i could buy a spare?

Louis.

Comment

image.jpg

My ICS L85. Modelled on the rifle I was issued on H19. I was suppose to have the newer DE RIS, but then we had the black ones witht the DE grip. Hence mine being sprayed and then stripped, but I kinda really like that worn looked.
              Got a training bayonet from State side, SUSAT has a light up point and works really well. I've got the Hornbill mount and ACOG sight as well but wanted to get the SUSAT back on.

Comment

Ares SA80 with my newly acquired Ares UGL - little photoshoot with a Samsung NX3000 (sorry for "compressed" finish of the pics - photobucket seems to really ruin image quality during uploading, now)

Comment

Looks the dogs doodahs mate. Anyone got one of the hornbill flash hiders knocking about not getting used £?

Comment

Can anybody tell me the best way to fit the UGL to an ICS L85?

Comment

Well as nobody helped with the whole braket/best way to fit the UGL situation, I took matters in my own hand and asked my brother to cnc me a bracket to my requirement (he who makes parts for cosworth F1). Replaced some bolts and nuts with black ones with Allan key heads so the match better, new gas block fitted, and the sling hook from a sling I had spare from Kabul, means that I got the whole UGL plus fittings for less than £160. Smug, me, yeah I am!
                      image.jpg
                      image.jpg

Comment

Great thread with some cracking SA80's..

Im after a bit of advice please.... I have purchased a specter in order to fit it i need the 20mm rail.... Do i buy the one that bolts on to the existing 11mm or buy the one that totally replaces the 11mm... Im asking in terms of how they go about it with the RS

Thanks

Comment

I've not seen any bodies with the integrated 20mm rails yet, only adapters on the dovetails.

IMHO if you're not limited by the real world rules then save some bulk and pointless weight and attach some picatinny rail straight to the rifle, each to their own though.
                          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

For those with the ICS L85's how do you get the DD rail on past the gas block? Is it better to just remove the block all together or file it down to size?

Comment

Well its the start of a long journey.
                              But i bought my very first airsoft gun on tuesday. Now the grind to bring it up to afghan spec. Needs the correct sight mount, a elcan with docter, dd front guard, ladders and llm01. I have a gripod on the way also a kill flash along with 3 more batteries and a charger.

Have given up on the quest to find a flash hider for the ICS l85a2 though as they are apparently discontinued according to most places.

Quick question...how are you folks fitting the grippod to the existing handgrip on the stock l85a2?

Anyways. Here she is. Waiting for her first skirmish in my hands on sunday..which will also be my birthday...couldn't ask for a better present

Comment

Well i finally got to finish my L85a2 afghan spec off at the weekend. She skirmished flawlessly even in the poor weather. Chronoed in at 340fps+-2
                                Parts run down

ICS L85a2 bought second hand with a upgraded hop rubber and bucking along with 6.03 tight bore barrel.
                                Madbull daniels defense rail with ics adapter kit
                                Generic Foliage green ladder covers
                                Nuprol LLM
                                Real steel grippod
                                B&T sight rail
                                WE phantom spectre dr 4x sight
                                Swiss arms bb shield
                                10 beta project 75 round mags with genuine magpulls
                                All running on 9.9v 1000mah LiFe batteries that fit into the dd rail.

Cost me a small fortune. But hitting people who never even saw tou. Priceless.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X