Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPSC

Hey, Fellas
    check out my new IPSC open class, I really would like to start or follow someone who interested in the same things!

Give me some feedbacks, if you like. Honest truth welcome. But i am a defensive person, so i might get back to ya!!!!! HA AHHAHAHAHA

Re: IPSC

Very nice. I was looking at doing some practical pistol with my 6" Infinity years ago. I take it you're left-handed judging by the slide racker.

I still have a red rear strap on my 1911 to remind me I wanted a brightly coloured scoped pistol like that!

Comment

I'll post mine up later since im on my phone but cool beans I tried getting ipsc going a while back now but to no avail we even nearlly got a site going but hey ho that's life

Comment

Ugh, two-tones...

:P
        Signature Removed

Comment

I never understood why IPSC guns have to be covered in as much brightly coloured crap as you can... and those hideous chrome magwell extender things... it makes your gun look like a hammer.

This is why hicapas are like vauxhall nova's for airsoft. "Fackin sick mate, blingin' bodykit like innit mate, check it, yous lookin' well pimp innit blud, brap brap".

Im not totally sure what IPSC is, I read up on it and it looks pretty confusing with all the differant wieghts, grains, FPS and leagues, so Im not sure how it applies to airsoft, but it just seems to be an excuse to make guns look really daft.

Comment

That is quite possibly the best thing i've read on this forum today... Well done sir, you made me chuckle!

Comment

In fairness, if it isn't designed for military purposes then it need not be black/tactical/Rambo. Infact part of the very reason why they do stick random coloured crap on is to distinguish their sporting/target pistols from evil/baddie-movie guns. That way Joe Public does not have a fit. Ofcourse the over arching idea is indeed to make them look pimp. Why? ---> because they can.

Comment

Well, Only if you have to be so mean.
                IPSC is sport, not war. The idea is as simple as that.
                Tiercel, you check this out, in practical shoot, 1911s are among other, the most popular. But the Colt and various other companies don't make the best pistols. I am not trying to discredit 1911, but in open class practical shoot, as im talking really guns, mag capacity of a 1911 is way to small and while shoot at multiple targets with possibility of double tapping and speed to achieve overall high score with great accuracy. On the other hands, airsoft is, sadly, i have to say is the only substitute than really. But nevertheless, it is as difficult and competitive as the real steel counter parts. In fact it is more difficult in some cases. The targets are much smaller, the power is a lot less, etc.

But the idea, in my personal opinion, is speed. Not just the physical speed, but mental also. In the shortest time to acquire the most targets, the more short you fired and hit, the more score you can get. Besides, it isn't just shoot, shoot, shoot, the rules are far more advanced and complete. Not that I know a great deal of, but surely it make the competitive sport more interesting.

I don't want to point finger, but respect is earned,. not showing any, surely won't get any.

LtPurcy, its great you replied. We should keep this up. I meant not just talking about. Any pistol will, remember!???

Ilikemice, if you know somewhere can practice, let me know.

Comment

BTW, I didn't know what size of the magwell was, it is too big,even for my taste, i have to admit.
                  But I am right handed, actually. The cocking handle on the left is only personal preference.

Comment

mag capacity of a 1911 is way to small
                    You're talking real-steel right? A TM 1911 holds 28, just as good as a double stack STI Series ect.

Comment

Originally posted by D.O.N.W. View Post
                      Well, Only if you have to be so mean.
                      IPSC is sport, not war. The idea is as simple as that.
                      Tiercel, you check this out, in practical shoot, 1911s are among other, the most popular. But the Colt and various other companies don't make the best pistols. I am not trying to discredit 1911, but in open class practical shoot, as im talking really guns, mag capacity of a 1911 is way to small and while shoot at multiple targets with possibility of double tapping and speed to achieve overall high score with great accuracy. On the other hands, airsoft is, sadly, i have to say is the only substitute than really. But nevertheless, it is as difficult and competitive as the real steel counter parts. In fact it is more difficult in some cases. The targets are much smaller, the power is a lot less, etc.

But the idea, in my personal opinion, is speed. Not just the physical speed, but mental also. In the shortest time to acquire the most targets, the more short you fired and hit, the more score you can get. Besides, it isn't just shoot, shoot, shoot, the rules are far more advanced and complete. Not that I know a great deal of, but surely it make the competitive sport more interesting.

I don't want to point finger, but respect is earned,. not showing any, surely won't get any.

LtPurcy, its great you replied. We should keep this up. I meant not just talking about. Any pistol will, remember!???

Ilikemice, if you know somewhere can practice, let me know.
                      Great pistol :D

Couldn't agree more with your comments ref. PP, it's the side of the sport I'm most interested in but unfortunately there aren't any PP sites up here.

It is really underated by most people, but like IPAS, ty it once and you're hooked :D
                      Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Apurturesci, in your saying, the auto Glocks, holds even more. I am afraid you missed the point. I only meant with more rounds, it safe the time of changing mag during the race. If you take 28 is good, then it is good. No objections! But in reality, I don't think filling the mags full of BBs isn't a good idea as the cooldown effect basically ruined most of the rounds after maybe 15 or 20. On the other hand, the really guns certainly don't have this kind of problem.

Paul55, sorry, iam ashamed to say, i don't really know IPAS is!?? Mind enlighten me?

Comment

BTW, I didn't know what size of the magwell was, it is too big,even for my taste, i have to admit.
                          But I am right handed, actually. The cocking handle on the left is only personal preference.
                          I meant right.:-P

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                            This is why hicapas are like vauxhall nova's for airsoft. "Fackin sick mate, blingin' bodykit like innit mate, check it, yous lookin' well pimp innit blud, brap brap".
                            Oi bruv I iz takin ofense from this like init, evry1 nows corsas are wat the hood rats ar ridin in now

So 4q

Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Apurturesci, in your saying, the auto Glocks, holds even more. I am afraid you missed the point. I only meant with more rounds, it safe the time of changing mag during the race. If you take 28 is good, then it is good. No objections! But in reality, I don't think filling the mags full of BBs isn't a good idea as the cooldown effect basically ruined most of the rounds after maybe 15 or 20. On the other hand, the really guns certainly don't have this kind of problem.

Paul55, sorry, iam ashamed to say, i don't really know IPAS is!?? Mind enlighten me?
                              IPAS is an acronym for Iron Plate Action Shooting, it's a very similar discipline to Practical Pistol. I think it's become more prevelant because there are far less restrictions to owning air pistols than airsoft pistols.
                              Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

D.O.N.W. Find out more about D.O.N.W.
                              Working...
                              X