Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPSC

Evening fellars!, again!

I like yellow as well, but i can't find my stored yellow paint, so just went for the red i have in hand:-)
    The gun very simple built.

It is an WE 5.1 custome with full length under rail/recoil spring cover. I buy this particular pistol for two reasons, one, i can't afford an 5inch WA infinity which has very similar look; two, the slide. Simple as that. Oh, Maybe a third, its rare.

the only internal upgrate i have right now is the PDi 6.01, 6inch inner berral. Others, are most likely come later, but not soon. I was going for the KOBA twist, but found out the berral was really wide and they don't have 6inch in lenth. and the twist only works when it reachs certain length, let' guess, about M14 rifle. So, for the sick of power and speed, I might have sacrifised a bit of the accuracy here. Only, since the races are done in doors and max range maybe 5-10 yards, which is already out of the effective range of an normal airsoft pistol, so, tight bore become the choice.

Iam thinking about a new, tougher recoils spring to speed up the cycle, but not sure what should i get just yet. going to London in a week or so, see if i can find the right thing and two more mags.

Did i mention that the holster and mag pouchs (3) only 80dollars!? they are red two.

the berral, a normal 1911 or hi capa outer berral is consist about two pieces. if you look really hard, at the end of the front berral where it raies up to the ejection port, you will see joint lines. How they joint, i do not know. Probably groves. Not that i have ever disassemble any, but it is likely.

A comp ready berral, has three parts, the ejection port with full length berral (im just gonna call it inner berral here, don't laugh), the groved outter berral and a couple of rubber rings. The compensator has groves as well and two or maybe more extended tips about 3mm long, 3mm wide. at the end of the inner berral, there are ganerally symatrical indents where the tips fit. the outter berral screw on the groves of the comp acting like joint piece. the rubber rings act as filler, stop the outter berral from slip off the inner berral.

My discription is really bad, i know. it is easier to see some pic. Maybe I ll shoot some when i have time.

The compensator is shooter design product, about 36 dollars,

the comp ready berral is 5KU, about 25 dollars! i think!

PDI inner berral 40 something dollars

the magwell is 5KU as well, less than 20 dollar. and its not chrome. its one piece alluminium allory, CNCed.

Cmore reddot, which type ican't remember, the ones have rail clamps, 45 dollar, though my don't really work that well. i won't switch off.

Rail, Shooter design, 25dollars, i think.

The cocking handle, custome fit in my case, 15 dollar or less. this is ultra slim type.
    Oh the gun, 80 dollar come with one mag(31 round).

These are some of the cheapest stuff, i have to say. and a lot of mod was done over the entire thing. But if i am allow here, it turned out rather well.

Comment

Are you not a fan of the Marui Hi-Capas?

Comment

I did wonder if you painted things..

mate get a proper coloured grip frame from...loads of places that do ipsc parts

will look so much better

Comment

LtPurcy
          You don't say, there are people use revolvers as competition pistol. Most of them are 6 rounds, but some are 8 rounds. These are the real gun we are talking about. due to unique features of an revolve, i reluctant to say, some of them are even better than pistols.

Comment

The coloured grip are nice, I know. But ennnn, maybe later.

Guess, I was going to build on ground up. But it seems way to expensive.

I have to admit, never handled an TM. Heard they are nice, one of a kind nice. Though more than 80% of all the products are made of prastic. I am a big fun of Realism. Only don't have the chance to operate an real thing. So, metal slide was essential for me.

Comment

Look what I found in the bits box! It's an old WA Infinity. The grips are cracked and there are bits missing, but they're the same bits I made for my 1911 out of steel.

I think I found my new project... I'm fed up of tinkering with my M4

Comment

...you only FOUND that..in a bits box

jesus christ i hate my life

Comment

nice pistol,
                  is there anywhere in the south west that shoot ipsc/plate?

Comment

wish i had a bits box like that

Comment

Originally posted by simbad View Post
                      nice pistol,
                      is there anywhere in the south west that shoot ipsc/plate?
                      Nope no where, we were close to getting a site set up for it but to no avail, only mike does it up north hence why i stopped my ipsc project

Comment

I wish I has some bits to put in a box. Everything I have is one one of my guns or up for sale :P

Comment

ilikemice
                          that is a beautiful piece. is that a 4.3 infinity!? its a shame WA stopped most of the production. Only a handful on the market nowadays.

I always wanted what Vincent in CowBebop the movie-Gate to Heven,used that infinity, the long black frame, sleek slide!! and that muzzle!!!T-T dream and nightmare!

What happened to the grip!? And i see you salvage the grip safty and the hammer spring housing. definite put more personality into the 1911. Needless to say, that looks mean too.

LtPurcy
                          you mentioned that you were going to put up some pics as well!
                          I don't think it is impossible to start one over here. Not that i know a place or anything, but a simple meet up is a start!?

What do you say Ilikemice!??

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                            ...you only FOUND that..in a bits box

jesus christ i hate my life
                            Join the club buddy :D:D

You can set up you own range lads all you really need is the timer, after that its free to practice. I live in Ireland as far as i know there is no IPSC range in the whole country oh joy
                            Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                            Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

Originally posted by bladerider View Post
                              Join the club buddy :D:D

You can set up you own range lads all you really need is the timer, after that its free to practice. I live in Ireland as far as i know there is no IPSC range in the whole country oh joy
                              Theres one up north with mike but thats about it!

Comment

Oh by the way lads there is a 3.9 wa xcel on ebay.com for parts if you need bits
                                Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                                Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

D.O.N.W. Find out more about D.O.N.W.
                                Working...
                                X