TM Recoil guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TM Recoil guns

Can tm recoil m4's take the genuine pmags made by magpul? I'm selling my sa80 to get a tm recoil and just want to make sure the mags will cross over
    FOR SALE:
    TRI AN/PRC 152 Radio package

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1451643

Comment

With the mag adapter yeah or you can buy recoil pmags. But be quick as they sell out very quickly!!
      TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
        Looking at finally getting myself a TM Recoil. Out of all the models out there, which would you say performs the best? I was looking at the G36k, but the Socom and the Scar also appeal to me.
        G36 gives you easy use of most G36 mags around rather than the Recoil only specific one's used by M4/SCAR but doesn't give you empty mag cut off. Just down to you which platform you prefer as the performance out of the box is very similar. I went for SCAR H as I'm not an M4 fan but I wanted the bolt stop function.
        Last edited by hapi; 2 May, 2014, 06:09. Reason: Grammer

Comment

and the recoils together

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
            Looking at finally getting myself a TM Recoil. Out of all the models out there, which would you say performs the best?
            Performance is very similar between models. As to which is the best gun overall:
            1. The G36s are the cheapest, but for a reason - they have the usual soft, easily worn TM ABS body, and no bolt lock.
            2. The Kalashnikovs are better, but again, no bolt lock.
            3. The SCARs are very good - on a par with the SOPMOD, CQBR and RECCE, because those come as stock with the rubbish QD battery system and don't have ambidextrous selectors, but equally the SCAR is a mishmash of the Version 2 gearbox and Version 1 recoil system, which means they have some unique parts that you can't replace easily or upgrade.
            4. The SOPMOD, CQBR, RECCE and other rear-wired AR-15s are also very good. Parts support is much better than any of the other models; so is upgradeability.
            5. The SOCOM is probably the AR-15 to get if you can live with a front-wired gun. It's cheaper than the SOPMOD, CQBR and RECCE, retains all of their features and upgradeability, but doesn't have the frankly dreadful QD batteries. I would say the SOCOM is the default Recoil Shock choice - it has all the features (bar ambidextrous selector) and the fewest downsides of any Recoil Shock.
            6. The HK416D is probably the stand-out gun. You get all the features, all the upgradeability and compatability of the AR-15s, but you also get the ambidextrous selector the other AR-15s lack.

Comment

Thanks Puresilver. Just the answer I was looking for!

HK416 did catch my eye but a tad out if my price range! Hopefully one will pop up here second hand.

Comment

You might also want to consider KWA's ERGs. They have crap trades, tiny-capacity magazines (60rds to the TM's 82 or 120 rounders) and come in to the UK at 370fps, but they are substantially cheaper than Recoil Shocks and are supposed to kick harder, not to mention you don't need an adapter to use regular AEG magazines.

If you're set on a Recoil Shock (and I can see why you would be, they're f***ing brilliant) I would look closely at SOCOM models. Oddly enough in the sea of M4s at every skirmish the plain-jane M4A1 with handguards is an increasingly rare sight, plus the SOCOM's cheaper than the other AR-15s and can use any battery you like.

Comment

I've been suggesting the ERG to him for weeks :P I keep meaning to leave one of mine at my local tech for him to have a look at if/when he has a chance to pop in! I can vouch for the ERG as well.. TMs are brilliant granted but I just love the ERGs recoil and sound, its on par performance wise and its cheaper which always makes it more desirable.

Comment

Haha yeah cheers guys.

To be honest I have looked into the KWA ERG series but I think for me the moving bolt just clinches it for me with the TM. However I am still tempted by the KWA considering I can pick one up new for the same price as a second hand TM. Don't like magpul receivers though! Want a plain jane M4!

I'm just waiting to see what pops up second hand at the minute as can't justify the retail price. Let's hope a nice bargain scar or socom pops up!

Comment

Please tell me it was you who bagged the TM Scar L that went for £275 on these forums today? I only just saw it! Sorry man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ah no t wasn't! Bugger!

Comment

Haha! Next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Here's my SOCOM. Will get some pics of My SCAR H up tomorrow.

Comment

My new CQBR is now green!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                                I've been suggesting the ERG to him for weeks :P I keep meaning to leave one of mine at my local tech for him to have a look at if/when he has a chance to pop in! I can vouch for the ERG as well.. TMs are brilliant granted but I just love the ERGs recoil and sound, its on par performance wise and its cheaper which always makes it more desirable.
                                I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I took the plunge and bought a KWA ERG scout :P. Figured why go second hand, when I could get a KWA plus 6 mags for less. I just hope it's as good as you say it is! .

Noticed they've released the CQB version as well....Scout just looks that much more unique!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
                                Working...
                                X