TM Recoil guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TM Recoil guns

Anyone know if disabling the recoil feature on the SCAR will improve ROF?

Comment

Whats the point of buying a recoil model if you're going to disable the recoil?? Wouldn't you have been better sticking with your gorgeous VFC??

Comment

Better trade marks? Better trigger group? Better externals all round. Blowback's kinda meh for me...

Comment

But you put the correct trade marks on your VFC anyway didn't you? I guess you kind of make sense though..

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
            Hornbill gears, leave the shims in exactly the same places as the gears before, change the spring to an M100, and put in a systema rubber and H nub. Cost about 50 in total, and couldnt be more please with it!
            Wow, did you do the fitting yourself?
            AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

• Yup! Didn't even worry about shimming or anything like that.

Took the gears out with the shims on still, swapped the gears over, and put the shims back in exactly the same place, and it worked even better than before. Don't know why shimming is such a big thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                Better trade marks? Better trigger group? Better externals all round. Blowback's kinda meh for me...
                It's a lot better than just blowback dude... Lipo is probably a better way tonnage your ROF...

Comment

Yup! Didn't even worry about shimming or anything like that.

Took the gears out with the shims on still, swapped the gears over, and put the shims back in exactly the same place, and it worked even better than before. Don't know why shimming is such a big thing!
                  Ill have to try that this weekend as it sounds like you're very happy with your setup. You're not tempted to change the hop unit and add a tightbore as well?

Comment

• Don't touch the hop unit for the love of god. I unfortunately snapped mine in two removing it from the barrel. They are crazy tight for awesome airseal.

Gearbox wise, look up eagle 6s videos, but it's really easy, and an added bonus is that you'll have a quick change spring set up afterwards.

All I did was open it up, make a very close note of what shims were where. Wipe out old grease, put in new grease, move the shims onto the new gears, and put it all back together. Instant success. An M100 spring will get your gun pumping out 345 ish, but will settle down to 330 after a day of gaming.

I added a tight bore to mine, but found that you will get so much more benefit on how you hold the rifle. If you hold it like so many regular players do, just resting by your shoulder, then your shots will stray. Grab it tight, pull it in, and you'll get a much much much better grouping. I'd try that area first personally

Comment

Gearbox wise, look up eagle 6s videos, but it's really easy, and an added bonus is that you'll have a quick change spring set up afterwards.
                      Might have missed something - is that for the M4 or SCAR?

Comment

• Just the M4. Once you've seperated the spring and piston, remove the buffer tube to change the spring

Comment

• Does anyone here use a Peq box with a battery in in their recoil guns? What's the performance Luke in such small batteries?

Comment

Planning to move my 7.4 lipo from my ready mag to a PEQ 2 as the ready mag option is too useful in CQB to use it as a battery holder IMHO. But I presume that you are thinking of a PEQ 15/16 holder...?

Comment

I use a G&P 7.4v 1800 PEQ15 lipo from ehobby on my socom , and it works fine . Rate did drop a bit when I stuck an Eagle six spring in it (getting around 12rps out of it) but I only run the standard mags in it so I don't realy want to empty my mag in three bursts ! so I'm more than happy with it .
                              From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Does anyone here use a Peq box with a battery in in their recoil guns? What's the performance Luke in such small batteries?
                                PM Black Templar he has his in the front and has no issues what so ever bud.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
                                Working...
                                X