TM Recoil guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TM Recoil guns

yep, first swap is a bit of a pain, after that it's a 10 minute job.

Comment

Originally posted by JCheeseright View Post
      yep, first swap is a bit of a pain, after that it's a 10 minute job.
      Ah ok. Thanks guys.

why would TM have the spring attached to the piston? Is there any disadvantage in not having it attached?

I need the option to swap the spring for either 350 or 370 fps from time to time but would not want to compromise reliability.
      Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

attaching the spring to the piston is for reliability, if it can't twist then it can't bunch up or carve a groove in the back of the pistonhead etc. TM springs are relatively weak so the motor doesn't have to work much harder to overcome the extra tension and on a next-gen the spring guide can rotate relatively freely on the recoil unit and rod anyway.

350FPS (mine's 345FPS but who's counting the last 5?) is easy to achieve with a decent tightbore (I'd recommend prometheus 6.03) and an eagle6 M95 spring, 370FPS (+/-10) would be either a straight M110 or an M100 with a tightbore fitted. the motor might start to struggle a bit at M110 mind, so a decent prometheus torque up gear set would help to overcome that.

Pushing a recoil to 370FPS is relatively easy, but you've got to accept that you're pushing it 25% past it's design spec and longterm reliability will suffer as a result.

Comment

M4 ubr stocks can be put on tm scars with modding.

There are two recoil groups on fb, someone has one on there... Have asked for more info
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

My TM M4 Sopmod. It started as a CQBR but it is not any more :-)
            10899723_10153052023378945_1867588669_n.jpg10928163_10153052023313945_1003614966_n.jpg

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JCheeseright View Post
                attaching the spring to the piston is for reliability, if it can't twist then it can't bunch up or carve a groove in the back of the pistonhead etc. TM springs are relatively weak so the motor doesn't have to work much harder to overcome the extra tension and on a next-gen the spring guide can rotate relatively freely on the recoil unit and rod anyway.
                thanks. Got my brand new Tm CQBR. Changing the Spring is a complete bitch. It is not easy or convenient. Really disappointed. Also the rifle is not real steel dimensions.

The recoil is rubbish- all that elaborate mechanism for nothing. Buffer tube battery contacts are cheap toy grade and one blade has already broken off.

I shall be selling it. I won't be selling my CTW which is light years ahead of the TM in quality.

Comment

• TM Recoil guns

Haha that made me laugh. As we are already throwing our shit out of the pram I'll just drop this lovely one liner in to be totally unhelpful unconstructive and generally amazing..

Should've bought an RM4 :O oh no he didn't!!!!!!

Comment

Never had any of the issues he mentioned, i wonder if you were maybe a little ham fisted?

Other than the first spring change, but thats like that for a reason!
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                      Never had any of the issues he mentioned, i wonder if you were maybe a little ham fisted?

Other than the first spring change, but thats like that for a reason!
                      Perhaps a little, but that's what a training weapon is supposed to be able to handle and should be resistant to. Taking the stock off the tube should not be hazardous but it clearly is since that's what clipped the battery contacts. The battery contact plates are made of soft shiny material you'll see in a shrink wrapped £3.99 battery operated toy car. They should be steel with substantial screws not tiny ones made of toffee. RIS has slight wobble despite adjusting. Wow, for the money I paid for brand new, I did not expect this.

Spring change is extremely fiddly and time consuming. Other AEG manufacturers cracked this but TM went all elaborate.

TM is fantastic 'toy' quality. As for MILSIM requirements, rough handling, field maintenance it falls well short of GBB's and PTW/ CTW weapons- yet it's priced at CTW range. It is nowhere near CTW quality and is not cut out for rough field handling that CTW/PTW and GBBs take. The fact that it was not RS dimensions would have put me off straight away but I should have known better since it is a standard AEG after all.

And recoil - hardly 'shock.' The recoil is barely noticeable- it's all noise and NO discernable recoil that one would promote as 'Shock'

I have one new (never skirmished, 1 week old) condition TM Recoil Shock CQBR M4, fitted with Tight bore (6.03) barrel, upgraded gears, M100 spring, deans conversion- all professionally carried out by a major Airsoft Retailer. I have in addition 6 brand new PTS PMAGS + new stanag metal magazine. The weapon also has a a buffer stock tube Magpul style sling plate.

Comment

these toys are not for everyone! its not a training weapon, nor is it meant to be (although travis haley has and uses them as such)

having removed the stock multiple times before getting a full stock modified and fitted, i dont know how the QD system managed to break.
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                          these toys are not for everyone! its not a training weapon, nor is it meant to be (although travis haley has and uses them as such)

having removed the stock multiple times before getting a full stock modified and fitted, i dont know how the QD system managed to break.
                          Well, the QD isn't exactly broke- it's slightly damaged but still 100% functional.

I also wonder why TM chose a VLTOR stock instead of the regular SOPMOD stock used on a CQBR. If it had a regular CQBR stock, we could use the standard stick lipo batteries and easily accommodate an in-line MOSFET. The VLTOR constrains battery choices. Squeezing in a MOSFET is ridiculously painful and time consuming when using an 11.1 lipo split across the two VLTOR stock (narrow) tubes.

And why doesn't the stock have a functional sling socket? It just has a plastic hole!! Seems £455 is not enough to warrant a fully functional stock.

Comment

Think someones just a little angry because they managed to break their new toy. Nothing wrong with TM Recoil Shocks at all, as many many people will attest to. Perhaps they arent as externally solid as PTWs or GBBs, but then you aren't paying for that with TM, and if you'd done sufficient research before purchasing one you would have known as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                              Think someones just a little angry because they managed to break their new toy. Nothing wrong with TM Recoil Shocks at all, as many many people will attest to. Perhaps they arent as externally solid as PTWs or GBBs, but then you aren't paying for that with TM, and if you'd done sufficient research before purchasing one you would have known as much.
                              Broken? I don't think so. I just checked and it's fine. It's 100% functional and 99.9999% intact- one (out of four) small battery contact missing has not affected the battery function.

Toy? oh yes. What you are paying for with TM is clearly a great quality toy but certainly not a serious MILSIM/training weapon. It's a complex mechanism like all good toys which will keep tinkerers happy for hours on end. It's also over-priced compared to say a genuine Magpul PTS EBB.

Agree on the research remark. I think I was looking for a PTW alternative and looked at the youtube vids and saw what I wanted to see.

Comment

Like most on this thread, i'm very much a fan of TM recoils, but also admire the Systema Celsius products for what they offer, but one thing has always puzzled me, and that is, despite their correct proportions, where does the "training weapon" bit come in, I may be wrong, (and i'm quite prepared to be told I am) but I've never heard of much training being done with "toy" guns, which is really what even the Systema/Celcius also are, after all.
                                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
                                Working...
                                X