Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

Originally posted by mack View Post
    does everyone not all get the same events? i.e a skirmish ?
    Well said
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

I think it would be a good idea to have a sniper event of sorts

Comment

yes they do get the same events but alot of limits are put on snipers in cqb events etc, I'm not forcing anyone to go but i promise it will be fun there is even the chance to camp out there and have a bbq. My thoughts were to do all the competition on the saturday then have one big game on the sunday and annouce the winner.

This event is not going to be a money making scheme and will be free I will also be putting my hand in my own pocket for the trophy might even try and get a load of sniper uniform badges for everyone who attends. Its my opinnion that at skirmishes its all up to the players to make the day.

Comment

I may have seemed a little hostile towards the idea, I'm not 100% against it. But I just don't see how having a sniper only event would be much fun, I hope I'm proved wrong, may even attend so that if it does go down a storm, I can be granted a big 'I told you so' face to face. But I am finding it hard to work out how exacty it would work. From my own personal role as a sniper, it's been a case of setting up, and waiting patiently and quietly for the shot, and taking it without revealing your location. Having a route out if things go pear shaped. But surely if everyone is doing this, and everyone was waiting for everyone else, there wouldn't be much going on?
          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

I had a similar idea to be run at GZ some years back.

There was a thread about it but I think it was prior to the forum change - so may have been lost.

I think it is a great idea if you do it well.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0a88QxbYkg

Granted that is real steal but you get the idea.

If you test a multitude of skills it would be fun.

You would have to have a very specific scenario for a game. (a stalk and shoot for example)

If done well then it would be great fun.

All the best
            Andy
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

wait - found it.

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...light=training
              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Danny I'm sure you know its more than camping its getting to the spot its doing a reccy all things that will be tested. Do you really think un aided you can Pick out a target at a max range of 100m and hit within 10 seconds? And there will be a cover dropped down to stop anyone seeing the target before hand just one of the challenges involved, this spot is my own personal fav, plenty of hiding spots and lots of thick under growth. I'm not saying its just got to be people with sniper rifles anyone is more than welcome to come it could easily house a couple of 100people with room to play

Comment

and dont forget i u can see the enemy they might be able to see u

Comment

it definatly wont be one to miss, the games i have planned will sound fair enough but will you have what it takes!!!!

Comment

PM guardsniper87 - he had it all worked out for that last one. Don't know if he got it off the ground though.

ATB
                      Andy
                      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

• I might be interested in doing a bit of filming if this goes ahead. Nothing too special, just interview the event organisers, get all the details and a bit of gameplay footage!

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                          I might be interested in doing a bit of filming if this goes ahead. Nothing too special, just interview the event organisers, get all the details and a bit of gameplay footage!
                          that sounds great and i'll try getting hold of guard

Comment

Originally posted by swampyy2092 View Post
                            i see you have been taught well i was trained to use these methods when i joined the army and yes they worked i then went on to be a sniper and in depth they also taught you one othere thing you forgot mate make sure your sight is zeroed to you lol
                            Or better yet ... make sure it works

And yes I have had that problem ... alot

Comment

If you havent already, check out some if not all of these videos.
                              Guy who made em plays at my local site

http://www.youtube.com/user/jaybritish

Originally posted by Metalbody
                              pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Looks like somebody i know

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X