Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

Originally posted by TheChef View Post
    Where do you guys get your hessian from for ghillieing?
    Don't know if you got this sorted or you saw replies I made in other threads?

You can get hessian in sheets from a material shop for very cheap though you need to cut it you yourself.

You can get it pre-dyed and cut from military websites and ebay though this is expensive.

A very cheap option is to get potato sacks from garden centres as they often let you have some for free.

All the best

Andy
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
      Don't know if you got this sorted or you saw replies I made in other threads?

You can get hessian in sheets from a material shop for very cheap though you need to cut it you yourself.

You can get it pre-dyed and cut from military websites and ebay though this is expensive.

A very cheap option is to get potato sacks from garden centres as they often let you have some for free.

All the best

Andy
      Ye thanks got it sorted, in the end i jus went to wickes and bought a sandbag.
      sigpic

Comment

sooooo........pics? :D
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

First of all this is just my opinion. I've started becoming quite a seasoned sniper with just under 20 games experience over 2 sites and regular weekly training. Ghillie suit is pretty pointless, the games that I play are too fast which make the ghillie not affective enough for my type of play, I'm sure some of you play long games in lovely thick furns but where I play its pretty bare forest floor.

The rifle I use is a warrior L96 almost fully upgraded being a springer its very consistent, with a tight bore and pdi hop up unit it will out range any legal aeg which is how my tactics are formed. I normally take myself as far away from the battle as I can, back right up against the playing zone limits then very slowly move in to the game, flanking and picking off aegs as I go. I think rather than focusing on camo people need to concentrate on the stealth of the art that is sniping. Try taking out a few friends and practice moving from point to point, personally I do this with my friends atleast twice a week and it really helps.

Comment

Sounds like fun mate!

Most of my lot wouldn't be so up for that unfortunately

Andy
            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

One of the main things with shooting no mater what it is you are shooting is to follow The*Marksmanship*Principles. These are a set of Principles, which if followed you will get a perfect shot every time.

1-The position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon
              2-The weapon must point naturally at the target with out any undue physical effort
              3-Sight alignment and sight picture (i.e. Aiming) must be correct
              4-The shot must be released and followed through with out any undue disturbance to the
              position

Dumbed down a bit
              1- You need to hold the weapon system correctly.
              2- The weapon must point in the direction you will be shooting i.e with your body relaxed in the weapon is pointing at the target.
              3- you have to align your sights properly. don't have the weapon leaning over to the side
              4- Even with airsoft weapons there is a small amount kick don't try to stop it as this can effect the flight of the round as it may still be in the barrel as you move it.

These are the rules that the Army use, and Proper snipers master these and you'll never miss (unless you get a stray pellet!! lol)

Comment

Some of these tactics are a great help
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dippy666 View Post
                  One of the main things with shooting no mater what it is you are shooting is to follow The*Marksmanship*Principles. These are a set of Principles, which if followed you will get a perfect shot every time.

1-The position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon
                  2-The weapon must point naturally at the target with out any undue physical effort
                  3-Sight alignment and sight picture (i.e. Aiming) must be correct
                  4-The shot must be released and followed through with out any undue disturbance to the
                  position

Dumbed down a bit
                  1- You need to hold the weapon system correctly.
                  2- The weapon must point in the direction you will be shooting i.e with your body relaxed in the weapon is pointing at the target.
                  3- you have to align your sights properly. don't have the weapon leaning over to the side
                  4- Even with airsoft weapons there is a small amount kick don't try to stop it as this can effect the flight of the round as it may still be in the barrel as you move it.

These are the rules that the Army use, and Proper snipers master these and you'll never miss (unless you get a stray pellet!! lol)

i see you have been taught well i was trained to use these methods when i joined the army and yes they worked i then went on to be a sniper and in depth they also taught you one othere thing you forgot mate make sure your sight is zeroed to you lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Very true lol

Originally posted by swampyy2092 View Post
                    one othere thing you forgot mate make sure your sight is zeroed to you lol

Comment

cheers
                      sigpic

Comment

Something that should help you when it comes to sitting incover,

The best type of cover is when you can shoot from under it,
                        if you cant shoot under it, then shoot through it, if you cant
                        shoot through it, shoot around it and if you cant shoot around
                        it, then shoot ever it but your most likley going to be seen.

In short and basic

1. Under it.
                        2. Through it.
                        3. Around it.
                        4. Over it.

hope this helps

Comment

nice one lads.
                          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Please excuse the typing error there

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                              Sounds like fun mate!

Most of my lot wouldn't be so up for that unfortunately

Andy
                              whys that mate? perhaps you should come to my woods some time, we could turn this all into a video

Comment

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
                                whys that mate? perhaps you should come to my woods some time, we could turn this all into a video
                                sound cool. lol.

My lot aren't into airsoft sadly. But ach well.

Andy
                                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X