Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

And obvious one for the more experienced among us but:

try not to stick your head up relatively quickly if there is no wind. Gave myself away as a result of this today. - was just about to get the shot off too!

(having done a creep for half an hour on icy ground! lol)

Andy
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Sight and sound both cross over in this one instance. One thing that snipers should always bear in mind and is quite important.

Is you should never fire if the enermy is looking onto your postion. Thats either your target looking at you or any of the enermy opposition.

If you do. You will more than likly give away your postion. All your hard work for concealment. Would of been for nothing. Because they might hear you. If there looking in your direction. The ears and eyes are facing in the right direction. Its much easier to pin point somebody(you the sniper) Then they will, if they think your in range return fire. Or send out a hunting party.

Another thing to add to smell. Strong aftershaves or deodorants are another good give away. And carry quite far downwind. So can give you away and your enermy.

You have wrote a good guide Macka. I agree with most of it. But i do have my own personal preferences. Thats mainly down to my time in the army. And you did ask for opinions from service men. I'm not serving anymore i should point out.

You should only ever squeeze a trigger, you should not ever pull a trigger. Let aloan snatch it. The shot going off should never be a surprise. It should be timed just at the time of your in breath just before breathing out. You should squeeze the trigger as gently as possible. Learn to how control your breaths to coincide with the shot going off. Or adapt your trigger squeeze. But don't compromised the pressure of the squeeze.

If your shooting from standing postion. It should go like this. Bring the rifle up on the count of 1. On the count of 2 steady your aim and steady your breath. On the count of 3 release shot. Exhale breath, Rifle down.

If your shooting from the prone postion, squatting supported, or kneeling supported. If all the contact points with the ground and support are correct. And your holding the rifle correctly(more to that then meets the eye). Then your cross hairs should be rock solid really. The worst position out of these three postition is kneeling supported. The cross hairs do float abit. It has the least amount of contact points.

When holding any rifle. The majoriy of the pressure should be going through your right hand(if your right handed). The rifle should be tight to the shoulder. The left hand should only be supporting the gun. If you put to much pressure through the left hand. You will not shoot nowhere near as accurately. If to much pressure with your left hand. You will find it will pull your grouping to one side. Or if the pressure is not with the left hand. The shots go everywhere. The gun should always be held level with the body. Or your groupings will open up. This applies to any postion. Prone right through to standing.

Like been said practice makes perfect. I know airsoft rifles are nowhere near as accurate as real steel. But if you are going to practice. Then you might aswell shoot for maximum accuracy. Or whats the point? You might aswell shoot into thin air otherwise.

Well i hope this help just my 2p worth from my experience and training.
      "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

As for American snipers baiting targets. Thats all fair well. But how do they know there insurgents? They could just be inquisitve civilians...This doesnt surprise me. As the British army recently handed all its forward operation bases over in Helmand. The Americans. Have Bulldozed a new road through an area. Because the old road was covered with mines. Well get a bomb quad on it? No not America. If they cleared the old road they would save civilian life and could use it. Dumb assess. They Knocked down cilivlcans houses...With out giving them any warning. Just telling them to go to such point and ask for there money. There's even talk of some being killed. As they have been blowing some houses up. They didnt check the surrounding houses. I know for certain there been at minimum some very close shaves. And around one FOB they took over. They leveled the surrounding houses. So they could see to the horizon. Even leveled some woods aswell. All this really annoys me. The British where there on a hearts and mind operation. America steps in and fcks it up in 3 seconds....All that hard works for nothing. If America carries on like that. The locals will turn on them like in Vietnam. Once you loose the locals you loose the war..Specially in a place life Afghanistan.
        Last edited by Dave1; 12 February, 2011, 15:08.

Comment

Cheers Dave, I did say squeeze and don't snap.

As for the surprise thing, it was just something my instructor used to say. nb the "almost" - my description clearly should have been better.

you raise some very good points. Cheers for that! :D
          All the best

Andy
          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

shoot the other guy before he shoots you

Alot of the tactics are more based for real steel shooting.

Comment

Alot of what me and LT Macka have talked about will help and improve any airsoft snipers game.

I did not mention anything i did not think and know will improve a players skill level..The principles of accuracy apply to any gun. And the principles of feild craft and concealment apply the same.

The fact you say. Shoot them before they shoot you. Is worrying if your a sniper. From that statement i would derive that your rubbish. A sniper should never be seen. So should not be in a position to be shot in the first place.

Your talking more about assault there.

Comment

Originally posted by acheekymonkeyuk View Post
                shoot the other guy before he shoots you

Alot of the tactics are more based for real steel shooting.
                Drunken post? lol.

If anything I've posted isn't applicable to airsoft please point it out.
                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

i think what he means is that inaccuracies in airsoft guns are larger than the difference between squeezing and snatching the trigger in airsoft. it's all very good practise though i would definately recommend all of what dave1 and lt. macka have been saying!
                  (just so that you don't think i'm any old inward looking airsoft noob, i shoot competitive f class competitions and have had large amounts of experience in just about every rifle and shotgun disicpline out there :D )
                  Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

that is certainly part of the frustration with airsoft sniping.

But it doesn't hurt. :P

Any new sniping questions, thoughts etc?

Andy
                    Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Where do you guys get your hessian from for ghillieing?
                      sigpic

Comment

Just rip up old sandbags/ sacks. It's usually available from garden centres

Comment

Originally posted by TheChef View Post
                          Where do you guys get your hessian from for ghillieing?
                          not quite the time of year but garden centres usually get large sacks of potatoes, if you go in and ask nicely they will probably let you have some for free.

They often have writing on one side though so do get a few.

The other option is sandbags - you can get these at the side of the road some times after roadworks have been done.

Failing that - you can go into a fabric shop and buy some - I got a load for about a quid when I did that.
                          Or you can buy strips online. though this tends to be expensive.

- go to the garden centre first - you can get jute string there too which is very useful!

Andy
                          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

over 12,000 views and still not a sticky
                            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

When me and my brother snipe he uses a TM VSR10 (no sidearm) and i have my JG G36E so no promblem for **** *******

DOm

Comment

Some useful tips although I've only just stuck to using ordinary BDU. I'll usually tend to crawl into area's that most would shrug there shoulders at and move on due to access etc.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X