Single or full auto?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single or full auto?!

I use semi if i'm on locaps as the sopmod stops firing after 30rnds...
    But normally when I use hicaps, it's still semi or short bursts.....

Comment

always single

Comment

depends if i'm laying down supressive fire for teammates to move up then full auto otherwise semi only

Comment

Single.

Snipers, aren't they simple?

Comment

Always single for the gbb, always auto for the 249 (no single shot mode). Auto for the other guns 99.9% of the time.
            Originally posted by "jonny lovegrove"
            And on semi i always hit the target usually within about 5 shots...

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post
              I think that tactically the best way is to run around with full auto, incase you see any enemies with fire-power you weren't counting on, but switch to semi when you see an enemy and have time to prepare for the shot.
              This sums up most airsofters perfectly...

I personally always play on semi because in my personal opinion it gives you trigger discipline and makes you a much better player. I'll happily go up against any full-auto sprayer with my systema and semi-auto because whereas he is compromising accuracy for superior rof i'll focus on positioning so that when i do fire that one shot its going to land where he is.

Having to think about your shots makes you think about the bigger picture, you'll take into account the effects of windage, angle and sometimes elevation on your rounds as you get a more clear indication of the consistancy of your rifle after the second shot imo.

Using semi all the time is so satisfying, theres very little better than taking down multiple opponents with aimed fire and tbh i find people are more scared of someone taking down their friends with single/double tap shots than a noob spraying in their general direction. Personally whenever i see someone using full-auto i just automatically assume they are a noob... because quite frankly if your using it then you've resigned yourself to the fact your shit at the game in general and are compensating for your shortcomings with a high ROF.

One final thought on the subject would be this, i regularly get comments from my opponents of "good shot" and "well played mate" etc after having shot them, and i'll say the same to people that kill me with a well aimed single round. However how often can this be said for those using full-auto? i doubt its very often you get congratulated for spraying 200rds in a general direction and having one ping off your opponents elbow or something..

~Fiberoptikz >.<"

Comment

Short bursts, definitely.
                At the end of the day, how many rounds do you need to put into one place? 1.
                If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried.

Comment

Semi all the time, i have a TM M14 DMR which i still havent gotten around to disabling the auto function, but ive found semi to be far more accurate than auto, plus the range i get from my M14 is something to rival the real thing :D

Proud to be British!!!

Comment

always single shots, very gratifying to get kills with just a couple of BB's, can't stand it when players use gats like garden hoses.
                    (the only exception is when someone clearly isn't taking their hits, then its time to bring on the pain lol)

Comment

Originally posted by MadChinaBull View Post
                      Semi all the time, i have a TM M14 DMR which i still havent gotten around to disabling the auto function, but ive found semi to be far more accurate than auto, plus the range i get from my M14 is something to rival the real thing :D
                      Have you ever fired a real rifle?

I assume not, as the effective range of an M14 is approximatley 500 yards. An airsoft version, you'd be exremely lucky to get 60 metres. That's absolute tops.

Be proud of your toy by all means, but that statement was just crazy.
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Mad china bull please list your upgrades if you can hit 500 yards. I'm sure the whole forum would love to know how to get an 'airsoft replica' to hit that sort of range. :D
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwell View Post
                          theres no need for full auto full stop so why use it?
                          what a stupid thing to say, people use full auto to suppress opposing forces. Yes, people do not value their ''lives'' so suppression doesn't always work but it still has a chance of putting peoples heads down.

for me using a standard AEG, it's semi most of the time. But when i'm using my SAW, it's full auto all the way.

Comment

Semi most of the time, after a few shots if they're not 'feeling / taking' them, a burst or two of auto tends to do the trick
                            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

I use semi in my more accurate DMR type gun but in my other guns were i lack accuracy i would use fully auto to make up for it because at the end of the day airsoft guns are not very accurate so we can make up for this by placing more rounds using fully auto.
                              For sale:

-Splitting M4
                              -MP5 Parts
                              -MP7a1
                              -M9 Magazine

Comment

i tend to use 30 round mags myself, usually go out with about 8-10 of them on my person so it's semi for myself but when it starts getting brutal will switch to auto

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X