Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single or full auto?!

Single because i use midcaps
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

This sums up most airsofters perfectly...
      yes sir, i suppose it does, just because their play style, no, not even their play style, where they have there fire selector switch!, is different from yours, it does not give you the right to accuse people of being "noobs". I do not necessarily play with the aforementioned tactics, I merely expressed my opinion that they were the best for survivability. As a new member to this forum i feel kinda disappointed that my tactical opinion, would be used as an example of noobyness (if that's a word.)

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
        Have you ever fired a real rifle?
        Not familiar with hyperbole?

I think Fiberoptikz has the right approach, especially his point on the compliments after taking a good hit.

| Cold War FilmSim player | Airsoft combat photographer |

Comment

personally i always have auto selected but im not a sprayer i assess the situation most times before i select but if i dont get the chance then its there if i need it. most occasions when i get a good line of fire on a guy i will never fire more than a short burst but mostly a double tap or the like.

Comment

Well I'm a GBBR kinda guy so, it's semi for me but auto is jut as effect as semi but you tend to get more of a spread with auto then semi so your shots are more consistent. and I always go for consistency over RoF and power any day, range plays a big part to. All my GBBR are ran at 280-320 due to gas and I'm still getting 40-50meters out of a GBBR M4. Altho I'm getting for more out of my M14 at 70meters!

Also my glocks are awesomely consistent and got some range for a pistol!

Comment

I use nothing but full auto but only as semi's broke on all my guns, I try to use short bursts even when giving covering fire as I use 85 rounders

Comment

Single aimed shots for me, unless I am clearing a room.
                Don't worry they couldn't hit an Elephant at that dist.........

Comment

single got cqb auto for woodland.

Comment

Full auto because semi keeps making my trigger lock back. Any way to stop that happening? Thanks
                    Blackhawk trademarked accessories
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83032
                    PS3 GAMES!! http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...039#post593039
                    Loads of PSP games! http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=85971

Comment

I tend to use short bursts as my gun tends to misfeed on semi-auto.
                      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                      Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                        Have you ever fired a real rifle?

I assume not, as the effective range of an M14 is approximatley 500 yards. An airsoft version, you'd be exremely lucky to get 60 metres. That's absolute tops.

Be proud of your toy by all means, but that statement was just crazy.
                        No it's not, I have an M14 that can shoot holes in the moon!

Anyway on topic-

I only use semi because of the cool down rates on the WE Scar and the fact it's got a 30rnd mag AND the fact it's set up as a DMR

Comment

I think it all really depends on the situation really, or rather the ability to best gauge the situation at hand. Normally I'll be switched to single just because, let's face it sometimes all that is needed is a quite 2/3 hits. On the other hand, you've got to use full mainly just to keep peoples heads down.

My philosophy is, which would I mind least to be hit by right now?

Case in point, which I've already posted in one of the GZ NAE threads. I had an ambush position on an open pathway...the other team new I was somewhere in the undergrowth and was looking into the heddgerow right at me. I could of easily not thought, sprayed, and hit all 3, but, i switched to semi and hit 1 definately, the other two ran off ().

At the end of it all, I think the only thing that determines which one to choose is which one a: wins the situation & b: is.necessary.

Comment

Single shot all the time on 80 round p-mags. Under more control than on Timmy mode. Better kill rate when taking out small groups of people.

Comment

Does a £20 in lne mosfet with 3 shot burst solve everyones problems??

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptikz View Post
                                This sums up most airsofters perfectly...

I personally always play on semi because in my personal opinion it gives you trigger discipline and makes you a much better player. I'll happily go up against any full-auto sprayer with my systema and semi-auto because whereas he is compromising accuracy for superior rof i'll focus on positioning so that when i do fire that one shot its going to land where he is.

Having to think about your shots makes you think about the bigger picture, you'll take into account the effects of windage, angle and sometimes elevation on your rounds as you get a more clear indication of the consistancy of your rifle after the second shot imo.

Using semi all the time is so satisfying, theres very little better than taking down multiple opponents with aimed fire and tbh i find people are more scared of someone taking down their friends with single/double tap shots than a noob spraying in their general direction. Personally whenever i see someone using full-auto i just automatically assume they are a noob... because quite frankly if your using it then you've resigned yourself to the fact your shit at the game in general and are compensating for your shortcomings with a high ROF.

One final thought on the subject would be this, i regularly get comments from my opponents of "good shot" and "well played mate" etc after having shot them, and i'll say the same to people that kill me with a well aimed single round. However how often can this be said for those using full-auto? i doubt its very often you get congratulated for spraying 200rds in a general direction and having one ping off your opponents elbow or something..

~Fiberoptikz >.<"
                                Judging by this post you must have made youself airsoft king by now because you have a systema and use single shot. Btw i'd say quite a few people that are one these forums use full auto from time to time so I guess that makes us all shit at airsoft. God I would love to give you the good news with my 39rps m4.

I think that there is a time and a place for full auto / single shot. Both get used by me and tbh i'd rather play with single but a lot of the time its just not possible.
                                Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X