Single or full auto?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single or full auto?!

After playing an entire game on sunday being semi only (and managing to get a headshot on some bloke in the tower!) i have to say its far superior to full auto. I only went through about 500 rounds!.
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
      I intended to write carp instead of crap...

Comment

I do both.

There was a time when I only used semi auto, but sometimes I feel that you need those extra rounds going down, particularly at longer ranges.

Though, unlike some, I do limit the amount of rounds that I fire, I only fire full auto in bursts and when I'm not firing I maintain trigger discipline and keep my finger off the trigger.

Comment

does double tap count? what i normally do with my celcius

Comment

Full auto - 2 round bursts, I've got the squeeze dialed in to 2 round bursty burst ;-)
            -Steve
            Originally posted by Coz
            If you fart, take a chrono reading
            Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Comment

full auto, because i have an AK
              Their are no Atheists in Foxholes.

Its not an argument against Atheists

Its an argument against Foxholes.

Comment

Semi unless you have a support weapon.
                IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

For me it entirely depends on which gun im using and the situation iv'e found myself in, with my EBR its mostly single, until lots of enemys appear then i switch to full auto, however for my m4 cqb its mostly full auto, so it depends on gun and for me what happens on the field, however its worth mentioning, that it finally depends on how the day is going, if no hit takers happen etc. then full auto all the way.

Comment

After today id tempted to put full auto as i hit several players at close quarters on single shot and they ignored it and full autoed me....very annoying when people dont take hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptikz View Post
                      This sums up most airsofters perfectly...

I personally always play on semi because in my personal opinion it gives you trigger discipline and makes you a much better player. I'll happily go up against any full-auto sprayer with my systema and semi-auto because whereas he is compromising accuracy for superior rof i'll focus on positioning so that when i do fire that one shot its going to land where he is.

Having to think about your shots makes you think about the bigger picture, you'll take into account the effects of windage, angle and sometimes elevation on your rounds as you get a more clear indication of the consistancy of your rifle after the second shot imo.

Using semi all the time is so satisfying, theres very little better than taking down multiple opponents with aimed fire and tbh i find people are more scared of someone taking down their friends with single/double tap shots than a noob spraying in their general direction. Personally whenever i see someone using full-auto i just automatically assume they are a noob... because quite frankly if your using it then you've resigned yourself to the fact your shit at the game in general and are compensating for your shortcomings with a high ROF.

One final thought on the subject would be this, i regularly get comments from my opponents of "good shot" and "well played mate" etc after having shot them, and i'll say the same to people that kill me with a well aimed single round. However how often can this be said for those using full-auto? i doubt its very often you get congratulated for spraying 200rds in a general direction and having one ping off your opponents elbow or something..

~Fiberoptikz >.<"
                      Hahaha ignore the haters man, sure you've made all Systema owners sound like uber l33t tacticool teflon warriors but it's so true, I always always use single shot on my rifle until I get really up close and personal and theres more of a chance of someone getting the drop on me. Even with a G&P Stoner, I used semi a ridiculous amount of the time hahaha
                      Besides, I only carry a maximum of 300 rounds with me at any one time (when using a rifle) so why would I want to open up that 950 rpm and run dry in the first contact?! Most airsofters carry high cap mags that allow them to hold down the trigger, but I don't have that luxury so I have to use a single shot and make it count where others could use 100
                      | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        I use semi. Its much more satisfying double tapping somebody, compared to emptying a mag in their direction. I will only use semi for suppressive fire, or if im shooting at a target from a distance when it is windy. I HATE people who have an insane rof on their guns. Not only does it take away from the skill in the sport, but its also dangerous. I have seen people sprayed in the face with about 10 rounds before they could call hit.
                        Wear face protection as advised in EVERY sites rules....?

different situations call for different measures - semi often allows you to stay a little more hidden in woodland but full auto with a decent RoF for those pesky non hit takers is good fun

Comment

I pretty much keep it on auto can just use single shots until I need to say like cover one of my teammates get to a piece of cover. (Terrible English Skills)
                          SO MANY BULLETS, ONE IS BOUND TO HIT (Said in stereotypical German accent)
                          sigpic

Comment

Single shot to hit someone, full auto for suppression or to provide cover for person advancing.

Comment

Neither, Single action all the way

Comment

Single shot is so satisfying, when they dont expect it and you just fire one shot and hit them right in the head or something, brilliant.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X