Single or full auto?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full auto for the win.

We don't have to worry about in accuracy hitting a civvie, and at the end of the day no ones going to piss in your mouth because you shot that guy with 4 rounds instead of one.

Comment

• Re: Single or full auto?!

Originally posted by Fiberoptikz View Post
      This sums up most airsofters perfectly...

I personally always play on semi because in my personal opinion it gives you trigger discipline and makes you a much better player. I'll happily go up against any full-auto sprayer with my systema and semi-auto because whereas he is compromising accuracy for superior rof i'll focus on positioning so that when i do fire that one shot its going to land where he is.

Having to think about your shots makes you think about the bigger picture, you'll take into account the effects of windage, angle and sometimes elevation on your rounds as you get a more clear indication of the consistancy of your rifle after the second shot imo.

Using semi all the time is so satisfying, theres very little better than taking down multiple opponents with aimed fire and tbh i find people are more scared of someone taking down their friends with single/double tap shots than a noob spraying in their general direction. Personally whenever i see someone using full-auto i just automatically assume they are a noob... because quite frankly if your using it then you've resigned yourself to the fact your shit at the game in general and are compensating for your shortcomings with a high ROF.

One final thought on the subject would be this, i regularly get comments from my opponents of "good shot" and "well played mate" etc after having shot them, and i'll say the same to people that kill me with a well aimed single round. However how often can this be said for those using full-auto? i doubt its very often you get congratulated for spraying 200rds in a general direction and having one ping off your opponents elbow or something..

~Fiberoptikz >.<"
      I wish I had a Systema so I could whack a high powered LiPo in it and spray off 35rps. Then I would not have to take anything into account, including windage (only my own windage after a nice curry). Calling someone a noob because they use auto is the most stupid elitest carp ever! Try getting that "one perfect shot" off when someone has a P90 hose all over your cover while another player sneaks up and nails you with pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptikz View Post
        This sums up most airsofters perfectly...

I personally always play on semi because in my personal opinion it gives you trigger discipline and makes you a much better player. I'll happily go up against any full-auto sprayer with my systema and semi-auto because whereas he is compromising accuracy for superior rof i'll focus on positioning so that when i do fire that one shot its going to land where he is.

Having to think about your shots makes you think about the bigger picture, you'll take into account the effects of windage, angle and sometimes elevation on your rounds as you get a more clear indication of the consistancy of your rifle after the second shot imo.

Using semi all the time is so satisfying, theres very little better than taking down multiple opponents with aimed fire and tbh i find people are more scared of someone taking down their friends with single/double tap shots than a noob spraying in their general direction. Personally whenever i see someone using full-auto i just automatically assume they are a noob... because quite frankly if your using it then you've resigned yourself to the fact your shit at the game in general and are compensating for your shortcomings with a high ROF.

One final thought on the subject would be this, i regularly get comments from my opponents of "good shot" and "well played mate" etc after having shot them, and i'll say the same to people that kill me with a well aimed single round. However how often can this be said for those using full-auto? i doubt its very often you get congratulated for spraying 200rds in a general direction and having one ping off your opponents elbow or something..

~Fiberoptikz >.<"
        Possibly the most elitist pile of horse manure I've ever heard.
        At the end of the day it's a game/sport we all like to play, it's not the real military there's not really that much need for trigger discipline. It's down to your personal preference if you like mil-sim then yeah fair enough but just because others like firing their weapons full auto doesn't make them a "noob" some like to play airsofting for a bit of a laugh and a giggle (I for one am one of those people)
        Let's face it we're all big boys playing with our toys (no pun intended) and there's not really many right or wrong ways to play airsofting (minus the cheating no hit takers)
        I presume that you're the type of person who likes to create their own misery when there is none?
        Anyyywwaaayyysss in answer to the question full auto all the way, that way you can single shot, burst fire and just fire as much as you like all the time.

Comment

I used to be a full auto man, I had an ARES G36K running an 11.1 lipo... Full auto was entertaining.

However, Now that I have two GBBRs, the quality of them and the ammo limit in each mag (30rd) has shown me that semi-auto is more than adiquate for every situation. Even when providing supressive fire it, the GBBR has shown me to pick me shots.

Ontop of this... its very depressing to hear the slide lock back in the middle of a fire-fight and realise you're about to be bum-rushed whilst reloading...
          Kiran Payne
          TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
          Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Semi auto for the most part, otherwise controlled bursts. Not just for mil-sim purposes, but because I'm limited to 40rnd mags, and I don't see the point in lacing someone with more than a few BB's. Besides, there's nothing more exhilarating than reloading mid fire-fight against AEG hi-cap users!

Shots have to count.
            Load out: Warrior Assault Systems, Custom G&P WOC M4, Custom TM 5-7

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
              I wish I had a Systema so I could whack a high powered LiPo in it and spray off 35rps. Then I would not have to take anything into account, including windage (only my own windage after a nice curry). Calling someone a noob because they use auto is the most stupid elitest carp ever! Try getting that "one perfect shot" off when someone has a P90 hose all over your cover while another player sneaks up and nails you with pistol
              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Single close range. And for those more "satisfying kills".

FA for supprssion, keeping 'yo heads down.

Short 1-2sec burst for your everyday use / weekly shop.
                Selling:
                ISAF Tan patches, Union Jack Desert Patches Red Dot Sight, SR25 and M4 HiCaps.

Comment

I use semi. Its much more satisfying double tapping somebody, compared to emptying a mag in their direction. I will only use semi for suppressive fire, or if im shooting at a target from a distance when it is windy. I HATE people who have an insane rof on their guns. Not only does it take away from the skill in the sport, but its also dangerous. I have seen people sprayed in the face with about 10 rounds before they could call hit.
                  Originally posted by Nun-Chuck
                  Any airsoft loadout that requires you to lubricate yourself before wearing it is frankly not worth the effort.

Comment

At the moment it's full auto, BUT... That's about to change, just bought an EBB and several midcaps. Starting out in Milsim soon so full auto with 75bb mags isnt going to last long!
                    For a Sunday skirmish then go full auto! Why not? Everyone else does. Milsim is milsim (I'm ex forces) so for "close" realism, then semi. Ask a booty or a para how often they shoot there SA80's on full auto! The answer is not often at all (unless he's the GPMG lad, then let rip!).
                    Mark

Comment

5 Round bursts. 249 gunner for my team so.. yeah.

Comment

...........zip, zip, wow that sounds like a systema !
                        ............zip, oh no our team snipers been taken out, that was an amazing shot the way he adjusted for windage.
                        .........zip, oh no now our support gunners gone, I'm starting to get really scared now I could get hit by a 6mm plastic ball anytime now, ........I know I'll fire a 30 rnd burst in his general direction because I'm such a crap player.
                        ........zip, HIT !! Dam he got me well done mate great shot you are by far the best player ever to have graced an airsoft field

Comment

Hahahaha...

All hail the King....
                          Anyhoo, recently got an ASCU fitted to my M4 so have it set on single or triple, I think I agree with comments there is a time and place for full auto but as I use only mid-caps I try to conserve those precious little plastic balls of happiness, tend to use single for the most part, however triple for CQB, rooms clearance and the like. If somebody chooses not to take their hits, well a few taps of the trigger on triple directed in the tender regions tends to make them rethink their life choice. (Full of admiration for a certain persons 'special mag' of .36 ceramics for just such people.)
                          So, a question and yes bandwagons driving away and leaping on etc. If I was to invest in a Systema (Not much chance, have bills to pay) could I just do single when all around me is chaos? Will I be able to leap small buildings in a single bound and will I be faster than a speeding dodgem?

(legal waiver, to the systema mafia, nothing against you, not jealous of you either, much to your suprise)
                          Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                          Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Seems like a stupid question in the first place, most AEGS come with both options and any sensible person would agree there's call for both depending on the situation.

There's something else, aside from range, that airsoft guns don't have in common with their lethal bigger brothers, and thats recoil. Full auto being less accurate in airsoft is, in fact, a myth. If anything it helps to place fire on targets at longer distances. Conversely, that also means single fire is no MORE accurate than full auto. You're just getting less space filled with plastic, which is fine at close ranges but less desirable against further or moving targets.

Yes, its unprofessional, sort of. No, we don't really have to worry about running out of ammo. And no, most of the time you couldn't get the job done with a single shot - its airsoft, not reality.
                            "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

In my opinion there is no right or wrong on this topic, as with most things in airsoft its down to personal preference but also where you are playing and who with. Cqb where full auto is banned anyway of course is single shot ( and in my opinion should be ) the closer range means players are a lot more aware of hits and take them.

Woodland then my selector is on auto, I don't run around spraying anything that moves but fire short controlled bursts. The main reason for this which most people have already mentioned is that players are more likely to take there hits from a short burst of 3-4 bbs I've hit players with a single when they have been in light cover such as behind I small bush and they haven't called it ........switch to auto and give them a burst and hey presto suddenly they call hit

Comment

Defo semi is a winner all round for me spesh them nice double taps to the back of the head when you have snuck up behind some one lol

Went to a game earlier this year. Was moving through a building to clear it when i peeked round a corner i saw the only female player of the day there in her Pink camo lol she got a double tap to the butt haha

If i have to go on auto in the words of hicks from the film aliens " short controlled bursts " lol
                                USMC are that awesome even Katy Perry wears MARPAT!!

Semper Fi Mofo!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X